First and foremost, as a female solo traveler, I felt extremely safe staying at the Old Town Guest House. I stayed 6 days in Park City in early January, 2013 in the Treasure Hollow room. The room is spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was great; fully stocked with toiletries, scale and thick bath robes. Even when the temperature hovered slightly above 0 degrees, the water in the shower was hot and the room was toasty. The breakfast was always filling and the coffee was ready for me as soon as I was up. The afternoon snacks were a nice treat. Both the innkeeper (Robyn) and the inn owner (Deb) are skiers so they were a wealth of knowledge about skiing in the area. Upon the advise of the owner of the inn, I did not rent a car and that is the right decision for anyone willing to walk about and take the free city buses around town. The inn is a 2 minute walk to Park City Mountain Resort. From there, it is a short bus ride to the Canyons and Deer Park Ski resorts. The city buses are equipped to handle skiers and their equipment. I was able to ski all three resorts and found my favorite to be PCMR. Deb was also able to make arrangements for me to ski Alta and Robyn joined me for a tough day of skiing. The Jacuzzi on the back porch was the perfect way to end a day of skiing. When I was in need of a message, Robyn was able to book one for me on short notice with a wonderful massage therapist. I am not a big party person, so my evenings were spent either walking around the old town area of Park City or simply relaxing in my room near the fire place. The city was preparing for the upcoming Sundance film festival, and on one of my walks, I happened to come upon the art museum. I watched a free screening of a movie that was to be presented as part of the film festival. I also managed to catch a movie with Deb and Robyn. I just can't rave enough about how well I was treated and really feel I found friends in the wonderful women I met on this trip. I highly recommend this inn to any solo female traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 room Inn is the perfect place for active skiers, hikers and mountain bikers wishing to enjoy all that Park City has to offer. We are the only B&B with such a great location and price! Located within walking distance to Main Street with all the shops and restaurants, ski lifts and trails. You won't find a better location. Voted, "Best Inn for Outdoor Enthusiasts" 5 years in a row, the Innkeeper is an avid skier, mountain biker and trail runner with plenty of suggestions on where to go and what to do. This is Park City best for comfort, convenience and affordability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Old Town Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Town Guest House Hotel Park City
- Old Town Guest House Park City, Utah