This review is long overdue – Deb my apologies!
My wife and I were attending the first half of the 2012 Sundance film festival in January. While searching for accommodations, I came across The Old Town Guest House. The rates advertised were reasonable for any time of the year, but especially reasonable for the film festival. So after checking other reviews on Trip Advisor we booked our 5 night stay. I received a great confirmation email with all the necessary information about the property and check-in procedures, as well as great advice for our visit.
Upon arrival in Salt Lake City, we took a shuttle from the airport and arrived in the mid-afternoon. As described, the check-in was “self service” and we had a welcome note with our key. We stayed in the Treasure Hollow room which was right off of the living room – the room was bright and spacious with plenty of closet space and a big comfortable bed.
On our first day we skied instead of attending the festival so we set out to the ski area. After a great breakfast and a couple of cups of coffee, we borrowed a community backpack and set out for a day of skiing. It was a short walk down to the end of the street and we were at base of the mountain. At the end of the day, it was another short walk back to the house – very convenient. The hot tub was a welcome relief after a tough day on the slopes.
The rest of the week we were up and out at the crack of dawn in order to view our early a.m. movies so we regretfully missed breakfast on those days. Again, the location of the house is very convenient - only a short walk to Main Street and even less to the bus stops on Park Avenue.
A quick word about the inn keeper Deb: Deb knows Park City, the mountains, and is a great host. She truly seems to love what she is doing and it shows! Don’t miss the chance to have a conversation with her – she has some great stories….
I have recommended The Old Town Guest House to many family and friends and plan to stay again on our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 room Inn is the perfect place for active skiers, hikers and mountain bikers wishing to enjoy all that Park City has to offer. We are the only B&B with such a great location and price! Located within walking distance to Main Street with all the shops and restaurants, ski lifts and trails. You won't find a better location. Voted, "Best Inn for Outdoor Enthusiasts" 5 years in a row, the Innkeeper is an avid skier, mountain biker and trail runner with plenty of suggestions on where to go and what to do. This is Park City best for comfort, convenience and affordability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Old Town Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Town Guest House Hotel Park City
- Old Town Guest House Park City, Utah