New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Valle Crucis, North Carolina
“Clean and comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We found the Chateau Apres Lodge a good place to stay for the two of us. It was clean, warm, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast was more than adequate. The location were very close to numerous ski rental shops and the free Park City bus stop was a short one block walk. A short walk to Starbucks and Fresh Market. The price was very good for what you get.

The negatives were.......jacuzzi would have been nice for tired, sore muscles; coffee maker in my room vs having to wait until after 7:00 and the dining room; major temp fluctuation in the shower; some grumpy old man downstairs that complained about a bump.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We're so glad you found us! While it seems like you enjoyed the majority of your stay, I wish we could have done more to impress you. However, keeping our amenities basic has allowed us to make sure that we can offer an affordable vacation to all of our guests. Still, we'll keep your thoughts in mind, and I hope we'll get to have you back next time you get the urge to hit the slopes!

All the best,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

If you are looking for a friendly place with simple but clean accommodation, this is the lodge.
Private rooms are very clean and have everything you need. The breakfast downstairs is good with an atmosphere that ensures you get to know a few fellow skiers. The staff are always helpful and most lodgers enjoyed the winter olympics together. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: all rooms were fine. The dormitory was basic, however, it did create an atmosphere of commerarderie...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
It's always fun to watch the Olympics after a day on the slopes! Glad you were able to do that, Kim, and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thanks for sharing that, and keep us in mind for next year!

All the best,
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

It's basic and clean. It's location is exceptional. Can't be beat if your looking for something simple for a few days. Good for the guys and not the wives. The staff are friendly and most helpful. You can walk anywhere and do not need a car. Close to bus stop also.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank richardc0
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Nope, you can't beat this location! So glad you had a blast with us, Richard. We'll be here next time you get the urge to hit the slopes!

Take care,
Los Angeles, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just finished 5 days at the Chateau. Location is pretty much perfect as you can walk easily to the lifts as well as into town. All the employees seemed friendly and helpful. The room itself is very small but has the essentials (bed, couch, closet, tv, and bathroom). I was a little put out by the shag carpeting in the room and what seemed like an old comforter on the bed but I was there to ski so barely stayed in the room (like a Las Vegas trip...). It does get loud at night when people are coming home and in the morning when people are going skiing due to the paper thin walls but you should be up skiing anyways! This is a simple and no frills place to stay when doing a few days skiing but I would put it more in the "guys" trip than a place you would bring your significant other.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thanks for making us a part of your trip, Kevin! Although I'm glad you had a blast on the slopes, it seems like you weren't as impressed with your room. As you mentioned, we do keep it pretty basic, but those touches allow us to offer our rooms at such an affordable price. We do improvements every year, and new comforters are always on the list. That said, I hope you'll give us another shot next time you and the guys want to hang out on the mountain. Between our location and this great weather, I know you'll have a great time!

Thanks again,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been staying at Chateau Apres Lodge for years. The location is convenient, the price is right and the personnel are helpful. The beds are comfy and there is ample hot water. No, it is not "fancy" and the "continental breakfast" is pretty basic but those factors are not important to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank chefmeche
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
It's always good to hear from a long-time guest like you! On behalf of our entire team, thank you so much for making us a part of your winter getaways, and for sharing your kind words. We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Warm regards,
Dallas,TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just returned from a 3 day trip to Park City and we stayed for the second time at Chateau Apres Lodge. As last time, we were not disapointed. You can bet the location (10 min walking distance from the lifts) and very close to the downtown. We took the car to go out and eat but you can walk or take the free buses. The rooms are very basics but have everything you need ( even TV) and very clean. Breakfast in the morning is also very basics but very good. Finally the staff is always very nice and welcoming. The only thing missing is a hot tub for the after ski.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Park city for a very decent price.

Thank you!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room far from the stairs as it gets pretty noisy in the evening and the morning.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thanks for thinking of us once again! We're so glad that you enjoyed your trip, and we hope you'll consider us next time you're craving a little time on the slopes. Until next time, thank you for the kind words, and let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your next visit even better!

Regards,
Monterey, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at Chateau Apres for a week in March 2013. I was looking for great location and low cost. Chateau Apres fit the bill: it's within an easy walk to the main entrance of the Park City Mountain Resort (even loaded down with skis) and to a main stop of the free buses to Park City's other ski areas and its Downtown. In fact, you can walk into town, if you wish. The outside of the Lodge looks quite dated but that is misleading: the inside has been updated (though some might say it's been "updated" from the fifties to the seventies - which may be true but isn't a criticism). For me, the best thing about the Chateau (beyond location and price) was its cleanliness -- and I mean really clean. The low room rate included breakfast, minimal but more than adequate -- no hot food except make-your-own oatmeal plus coffee and tea; lots of cold cereals, yogurt, fruit, pastries. It's tempting to call my room "no frills" but it included a very comfortable queen-sized bed, a sitting divan, a night table with reading lamp and alarm clock, a very ample bureau, large mirror, a very ample closet, a very up-to-date wall-mounted TV with many channels, a wall mounted telephone (local calls free), and a small private bath (supplied daily with fresh towels) with sink, toilet, stall shower, and medicine cabinet with mirror. Forewarned by prior TripAdvisor reviews, I brought a large bath towel with me. My one caution: a large person would find this particular bathroom uncomfortably small (at 5' 8", 165 lbs., I did not) so a call to the owner in advance would be well advised for larger folk in order to secure larger accomodations elsewhere in the Chateau. The hotel provides free wi-fi and a computer in the lobby (which I used to check e-mails, confirm my outgoing plane reservations, and print my boarding passes). The hotel is three stories and there is no elevator. I might have regretted that absence but, upon my arrival, the Chateau's owner met me at the front door and, without saying a word beyond "Hello and welcome", grabbed my 50-pound valise and led me up to my 3rd floor room, leaving me to follow with my ski & boot bags, feeling guilty all the way up. That initial courtesy and assistance was typical of him and his staff the entire week of my stay.
Bottom line: for value and location in Park City, Chateau Apres can't be beat.

Room Tip: I chose a corner room on the third floor and it was very quiet. I can imagine that, when the Chatea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank PickyinMonterey
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Great location at a great value—that's what we're all about! Thanks for taking the time to share your detailed review with fellow travelers. It was a pleasure to read! Hope to welcome you back next time you're looking to get away.

Thanks again,