“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Park City
New York City, New York
“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been staying at Chateau Apres Lodge for years. The location is convenient, the price is right and the personnel are helpful. The beds are comfy and there is ample hot water. No, it is not "fancy" and the "continental breakfast" is pretty basic but those factors are not important to me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank chefmeche
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
It's always good to hear from a long-time guest like you! On behalf of our entire team, thank you so much for making us a part of your winter getaways, and for sharing your kind words. We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Warm regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas,TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just returned from a 3 day trip to Park City and we stayed for the second time at Chateau Apres Lodge. As last time, we were not disapointed. You can bet the location (10 min walking distance from the lifts) and very close to the downtown. We took the car to go out and eat but you can walk or take the free buses. The rooms are very basics but have everything you need ( even TV) and very clean. Breakfast in the morning is also very basics but very good. Finally the staff is always very nice and welcoming. The only thing missing is a hot tub for the after ski.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Park city for a very decent price.

Thank you!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room far from the stairs as it gets pretty noisy in the evening and the morning.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thanks for thinking of us once again! We're so glad that you enjoyed your trip, and we hope you'll consider us next time you're craving a little time on the slopes. Until next time, thank you for the kind words, and let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your next visit even better!

Regards,
Monterey, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at Chateau Apres for a week in March 2013. I was looking for great location and low cost. Chateau Apres fit the bill: it's within an easy walk to the main entrance of the Park City Mountain Resort (even loaded down with skis) and to a main stop of the free buses to Park City's other ski areas and its Downtown. In fact, you can walk into town, if you wish. The outside of the Lodge looks quite dated but that is misleading: the inside has been updated (though some might say it's been "updated" from the fifties to the seventies - which may be true but isn't a criticism). For me, the best thing about the Chateau (beyond location and price) was its cleanliness -- and I mean really clean. The low room rate included breakfast, minimal but more than adequate -- no hot food except make-your-own oatmeal plus coffee and tea; lots of cold cereals, yogurt, fruit, pastries. It's tempting to call my room "no frills" but it included a very comfortable queen-sized bed, a sitting divan, a night table with reading lamp and alarm clock, a very ample bureau, large mirror, a very ample closet, a very up-to-date wall-mounted TV with many channels, a wall mounted telephone (local calls free), and a small private bath (supplied daily with fresh towels) with sink, toilet, stall shower, and medicine cabinet with mirror. Forewarned by prior TripAdvisor reviews, I brought a large bath towel with me. My one caution: a large person would find this particular bathroom uncomfortably small (at 5' 8", 165 lbs., I did not) so a call to the owner in advance would be well advised for larger folk in order to secure larger accomodations elsewhere in the Chateau. The hotel provides free wi-fi and a computer in the lobby (which I used to check e-mails, confirm my outgoing plane reservations, and print my boarding passes). The hotel is three stories and there is no elevator. I might have regretted that absence but, upon my arrival, the Chateau's owner met me at the front door and, without saying a word beyond "Hello and welcome", grabbed my 50-pound valise and led me up to my 3rd floor room, leaving me to follow with my ski & boot bags, feeling guilty all the way up. That initial courtesy and assistance was typical of him and his staff the entire week of my stay.
Bottom line: for value and location in Park City, Chateau Apres can't be beat.

Room Tip: I chose a corner room on the third floor and it was very quiet. I can imagine that, when the Chatea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank PickyinMonterey
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Great location at a great value—that's what we're all about! Thanks for taking the time to share your detailed review with fellow travelers. It was a pleasure to read! Hope to welcome you back next time you're looking to get away.

Thanks again,
Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked this place expecting the worst because of how inexpensive it is and ended up being surprised of the value it offered. Yeah it's outdated & frozen in the 70's etc but if you are going to Park City on a budget, I can't imagine there are any better options than this.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the location is 2minutes from the mountain/bus stop, a very close walk to downtown and also to a local 7-11. You can't expect fireworks for this kind of budget but all the tools you need to have a stay that is bearable are there. The included breakfast is super minimal, towels as mentioned are tiny, beds and pillows were pretty hard, not sure if there was even a thermostat anywhere near our room but at lease there was Direct TV and free WiFi much to my surprise.

Maybe its not a great place to spend a week or more for some, and definitely not for bringing your date, but for a cheap, extended weekend with friends where you can laugh off a few cheesy details, it is pretty ideal. I've stayed in some pretty posh places for snowboarding trips in the past but I would definitely come back here any year to save a few bucks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's great to hear that you're looking forward to your next visit! We're looking forward to having you back, and we'll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind for our future updates. After all, we want to do everything we can to make our guests feel at home! Until next time, thanks for the great review!

All the best,
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Early January 2013 stay. Owner managed. It's a nice feeling knowing that the person you are dealing with has a vested interest. You can tell that they take pride in the lodge and care about their guests which creates more of a personal feel to your stay. The woman that works the night shift is equally friendly and helpful. Clean and comfortable but do not expect amenities you may be used to in a more upscale hotel or some of the chains. Small rooms and bathroom but adequate. They offer a continental breakfast consisting of cereals, coffee, OJ and milk and fruit cocktail in the dining room. Would be nice if they had bananas or some other type of fruit. It is a great location with a short walk to Park City Mt. Resort or to bus stops for travel to Deer Valley or the Canyons. No refrigerator in the room but you are welcome to use one in the dining area. No elevator but only one flight up even if on the 3rd floor if you use the back entrance. If you have trouble with stairs or carrying luggage up keep this in mind. It's possible you could hear noise from adjacent rooms or the hallway depending on how quiet your neighbor is. The room doors are not that substantial. We heard voices coming thru the heating duct work in the ceiling. Don't let these things detract from what is overall, a great place to stay at a reasonable price for this location. It was my second visit and hope to be back. A skier's lodge!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Chateau Après is an older no frills family owned ski lodge. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rates are pretty cheap considering the lodge is about 150 yards from the ski lifts. Although the place is older its well kept. Small free continental breakfast in the AM. Bathroom towels are a little small. No ironing board or hair drier if you've got a girl with you. No mini fridge. Chateau is about a 2 min walk to the bus stop which goes to Main St. My only complaint was there was no hot tub.
All said and done for the price and location it's pretty tough to be Chateau Après. I would definitely recommend it and stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank ChicagoJP9
San Salvador, El Salvador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed in a double room at Chateau Aprés Lodge during Sundance Film Festival. The location is perfect, 10 mins walk from Main Street, 5 mins from the Mountain Ski Resort and really 2 mins from the nearest bus stop to take you everywhere you need to go around Park City.
The staff is really friendly and nice and ready to help you with all your queries.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Free internet, cable tv. Could not ask for more. There is no elevator but there is always someone nice to help you with your suitcase. Breakfast included.
I definitely recommend it. :)

Room Tip: There is also the option of booking dorms which I think is the only hotel in Park City having this o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends