Tripadvisor
Park City
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews great hotel free breakfast kimball junction bathroom door clean hotel breakfast area fresh fruit main building sitting area comfortable stay short drive enjoyed our stay would definitely stay here again pool and hot tub ski rental mini fridge convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

3 of us had comfy accommodations, 2 queens and pull out
Breakfast very nice and fresh.
Friendly service.
Very accessible to action, a short Uber ride.
Parking easy.
Room very clean and spacious.
Priced reasonable for area

Trip type: Traveled with friends
James A, General Manager at Hyatt Place Park City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much for staying here with us! If you found us comfy and reasonalbe, that's reassuring that we are delivering what we aim for. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

this was the best value for being only 10 minute from skiing and were surprised at the newness, cleanliness and service. we will go back next year. we spent way more money for ski-in ski-out with less accommodating rooms and service. we will definitely go back next year!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
JamesA4860, General Manager at Hyatt Place Park City, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Thanks so much for staying and taking the time to share! From what you have described, it sounds like we are doing a great job filling the niche that we are aiming for. We look forward to seeing you again next ski season.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We enjoyed our stay much more than we thought we would. Free public buses to the base of Canyons or Park City Mountain Resort were easy to use, breakfast was easy. Not 5-star food, but it was easy and convenient and clean. We would come back!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thanks so much for staying, I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2020

May family stayed at Hyatt Place Park City from Thursday-Sunday. WOW! We had the most incredible stay. I'm already a fan of the Hyatt brand. I find that they are very family friendly, the service is always good and it's a very family friendly chain. This Hyatt was so incredible and so special. I'm just sad that we had to leave!

We weren't sure what to expect when we booked the hotel but we educated ourselves on the location and were aware that we weren't right in Park City. The most important thing to us was that we didn't have to go far to get to the hill. My husband and I were traveling with our two young kids and we signed them up for ski school in Canyons Village. We also heard that Canyons was better to ski in because the Park City side is much more crowded. There is a free bus that picks up right in front of the hotel and you take the pink line right to the bottom of Canyons Village. It's a short walk to the Gondola that takes you to the base of the mountain. So convenient and it was crazy how bad traffic was to the hill and we didn't have to deal with it all! On the way back the bus drops you off on the opposite side of the road and it's a short walk back.

The front desk staff at the hotel was absolutely incredible. I adore Josette! She was absolutely wonderful and I think that her warm personality made my kids (age 6 and 8) feel so welcome. I worked in customer service for years and years and I know how hard it is to find good staff. She went above and beyond and was wonderful. Always smiling, helpful and went out of her way. My kids kept saying how nice she was. The way she talked with my kids made them feel so grown up and I know that they will remember this trip for the rest of their lives. She even served us in the restaurant (unbelievable service and great food). Josette giggled with my kids and it seemed like she was there during our entire stay. She's a very, very hard worker but she doesn't ever seem stressed. Smiling, sweet, kind and truly there to be of service. She was absolutely fantastic and wonderful. The other employees were also terrific.

Ok, to the breakfast! I'm mad at myself for not taking pics of the food but we did eat before 7 am so I was barely awake. I don't normally expect much with breakfast buffets but this one is really great! There were a lot of interesting items and every morning was different. For example there was fruit but also fresh grapefruit slices. Regular bread but also corn bread and zucchini loaf. An assortment of cereal, oatmeal, yogurts and all the regular breakfast offerings. Eating in a restaurant would have easily cost us $60 every day so this is a great value. Also, good coffee! Some mornings there was bacon and pancakes, some mornings there was French toast or waffles. As anyone with kids can appreciate, it's so nice to have food ready and waiting when you have little ones with you. We could eat and then head to the hill without sitting and waiting for orders. I liked this casual environment. It made it easy to chat with others and my kids loved the fireplace in the lobby.

The rooms were clean and a good size. My son would sit and stare out the window watching the snow fall. Haha. If I had to nit pick and find anything to find fault with the only thing I could think of is that the blankets on the beds were more like sheets. I think a thicker duvet or blanket would make a difference. I like to sleep in a cooler room snuggled under the blankets. Other than that the rooms were great. The bathroom was large although I could see why the clear bathroom door would be a little weird for anyone that was a really private person. You can totally tell when someone is on the toilet. Haha.

Also, we all loved the hot tub! It sounds crazy to go in a hot tub in the snow but it was wonderful. Again, this will be something my kids will remember forever. They LOVED it. It felt great to soak my sore muscles after a day of skiing. We stayed in the main building so I would recommend requesting a room there if you plan to go in the hotel tub that way you are very close to your room.

There is a ski rental in the hotel which is very convenient and mean you don't have to wait in long lines at the hill. The only downfall is it also means you have to carry your gear to and from the hotel every day.

Lastly I really enjoyed the other guests at the hotel. No one was pretentious or rude. Every single person we spoke with was kind, nice and very sweet to the kids. I think this hotel attracts people who appreciate a good value and are a little more relaxed.

We were originally considering booking at the Hyatt Centric but I'm really glad we decided to stay here. We're already talking about our next trip back. Thank you for a wonderful stay that my kids will remember for the rest of their lives.

Room tip: I would ask to stay in the main building so you are close to the hot tub!!
Date of stay: January 2020

Wow! First off let me say thank you so much for the kind words! I can't wait to share this with my staff, they will be so pleased to hear it. At our hotel, we are foremost believers that our people make all the difference. It will be an honor to have you again!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Visited for a few nights and had a lovely time, bed and pillows and linens very comfortable! Rooms quiet and spacious and staff helpful and accommodating. Only downside was the lackluster shower head in the bathroom, either a fine mist or being pelted by the 'massage' head. Breakfast in the morning is nicely laid out and it was nice to have fresh fruit and a lovely selection of hot items to pick from, make sure to take your room key if you aren't in the main building, you could get locked out! Also worth a mention is that ski rentals and returns are available on property so if you rent at PCM you can ski elsewhere and return here when you are done. Will be back, great experience.

Room tip: great for skiing
Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, as well as for choosing to stay with us. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and I appreciate you letting us know about the shower head. We look forward to seeing you again soon!