“Just ok”

Good Karma
Ranked #70 of 277 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Indian, Persian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Good Karma serves Indo-Persian fare. Our Indian and Persian influenced menu specializes in vegan and gluten-free items. As Park City's only Indo-Persian restaurant, we serve the best curries and kebabs in town. Our lamb is local, is grass-fed and hormone free. We strive to use local and seasonal products whenever possible. Good Karma also serves breakfast with an ethnic flare. In addition to traditional American items such as omelets, pancakes or french toast, you can have a bollywood burrito with vindaloo sauce, huevos rancheros, or eggs masala. A Locals Favorite and voted Best Vegetarian Restaurant in Park City 2013 and 2014.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had to wait to be seated which I guess was a huge deal to the locals that had to wait. They must not be too busy on other days but it was graduation weekend. There was seating inside and outside. We were seated in a tight corner inside and kind of forgotten. When we were finally helped our water came and had a little black gnat floating in it. Gross. Our order was finally taken and when we got our food I got the wrong dish. As I was deciding if I had actually gotten what I ordered the server came back with the right dish. The Quiche Lorraine was great! My husband got a breakfast sandwich but said the edges of the bread were so hard that he could hardly eat them. This restaurant came highly recommended by our hotel and all of the locals raved about it while we waited. We just thought it was ok. Probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We heard that in the morning hours this is a great place for brunch so we thought we would try it out. Took a few minutes to find. They say they are "off Main" but they should just say "Prospector Square" ... Is easier to find. It's a cute littl place with a wonderful outdoor patio. We were blessed with a near perfect day, so being indoors was not an option! We got the "Bollywood Burrito" and the "Locals Breakfast" with bacon, sausage and Challah bread French toast. I had a gorgeous hot chocolate also that made my French toast perfectly balanced and decadent. The burrito came with a fantastic salsa that balanced and gave so much flavor to the breakfast. I snagged a little to eat with my eggs.. Perfect! I wanted to try the in-house made sausage with cumin so I got one of those and 1 slice of bacon weather than 2 slices. I thought it was excellent, but not with my breakfast.. The cumin and spices did not blend as well with syrup and bacon and hot chocolate.... But went very well with the burrito and was gobbled up.
Service was excellent, prices great (about $10 each), atmosphere perfect ... Blooming flowers, shade trees, sunny day with a cool breeze... Ready to go again next time we are in town... Maybe even for lunch or dinner. They are only closed on Tuesdays.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good Karma is a fabulous Indian/Mediterranean restaurant located off the beaten path in Park City. It is a very quaint restaurant with fabulous food. Make a reservation if you can since the restaurant is very small. The Kabobs, curry's, and salmon are excellent and you must try the garlic naan bread....its the best! The prices are also much better than the restaurants on Main Street in Park City. Prices range from $14 - 25 per entrée. We are locals and this is one of our favorite restaurants in town.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had lunch at Good Karma during a ski week in Park City. We were staying right down the street, at the Park Plaza Resort, so it was an easy walk. Our party ordered lamb kebab, tofu vindaloo, golden beet salad, winter squash soup, and tomato and ginger soup. My son and I wound up trading soups, because the winter squash soup was too sweet for my taste; he loved the squash soup, and I thought the tomato and ginger soup was delicious. They were out of golden beets for some reason, but the server came and asked what we would like instead; my son and his girlfriend settled on apple slices, and were very pleased with the result. My tofu vindaloo was excellent, and fairly hot given that I was a first-time visitor; and my wife enjoyed her lamb kebab.

We had a bottle of wine with lunch, and it was very reasonably priced considering restaurant markups. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. Chef Houman Gohary is to be congratulated; it's a great place to get food that's out of the ordinary. The location is a little off the beaten track, but it's definitely worth checking out!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Excellent curry again this year. My Wife had the chicken tikka msala (good). Myself and my friend had the nawbia sharing platter with Chicken curry, Beef madras and Chicken tikka masala. Came with 2 garlic naans and one regular naan and white rice. Was very good. We had the dip (meh) an the vindaloo prawns (meh) to start. Taj Mahal beer. Ron was out waiter and very good.