“So happy!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Olympia, Washington
“So happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This December our company decided to do something a little different and fly out all our employees and their significant others for a holiday weekend in Park City. After touring a few facilities it was evident that The Sky Lodge was the right fit for us and, now, after the weekend is over, that feeling is just amplified. Everything about this hotel is beyond amazing! To begin: we reserved the hotel's restaurant, Bar Boheme, for dinner on Saturday night and used their breakfast buffet on our final morning. All items were delicious with zero complaints! Accommodations were easily made for our vegan and vegetarian guests and there was no skimping on flavor or creativity. At each meal the staff was attentive and so, so courteous and I can say no less for the staff at the front desk and throughout the hotel. We had a number of employees take advantage of their spa facility and heard rave reviews for the massages, particularly the "Man"cation. We would definitely suggest reserving the penthouse suite for a private party, too. The piano came in handy when we found out there was a birthday in the house and were able to sing "Happy Birthday" with accompaniment and the enormous wrap-around deck with its multiple hot tubs were taken full advantage of even during a snowfall. The ambiance of the entire hotel is contemporary and welcoming with multiple fireplaces, which were also in many of the rooms, and simple, stylish decor. We saw multiple rooms and each one was clean, spacious and some even had a pool table. We could very easily go on and on with various details that made an impact, including the fact that the sales director, Terry Nani, and his associates were there to welcome our group and personally take each guest up to their room. We plan on hosting another holiday event next year and, if it's in Park City, we'll simply call Terry and say, "Let's do it again!"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Melinda T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
S Ogden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Sky Lodge before and it is a nice, & expensive hotel. I went in to check out all of the rooms there for a B-Day party and I decided which room I wanted. I met with Terry & he gave me a price for Friday. I decided that i wanted the room for Saturday and he said that the price was 300.00 dollars more because Saturday was Dec 1, & not Nov 30.... I told him that I did not want to pay the difference because of 3 reasons, 1) I am already paying full price for an out of season rate. 2) The Hotel is under construction and my guests will not even be able to walk through the lobby when they arrive. 3) I do not want to pay an increase on a room that I know for a fact will not be used If I do not book it, because it is not busy up there yet. He said he could do just a $100.00 increase instead of $300.00 & I said no. Finally after I had already found another place to stay with my group of 9, he said that he would give me the rate, and this is the email that he sent me. This is copied and pasted.
"Believe me, it is not for the reasons you express in your answer, nor the people you may have coming that I now agree to keep this under your expressed budget of (took out actual $ amount but it was 4 figures). Virginia will be in touch to solidify your rate and confirmation this morning."
If he would have just taken a more than fair rate, instead of try to haggle with me on a night that he knew was slow, while the hotel was under construction I would have stayed at the sky lodge. I however went to VRBO.com and found a 5 Bedroom House for 2 nights, for the same price I would have paid for 3 rooms for 1 night at the Sky Lodge.

Room Tip: I did not stay at the hotel because of the way I was treated by Terry...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
8 Thank Corey P
ParkCityLocalGirl, Public Relations Manager at Main & SKY, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
It's the nature of the lodging business that room rates are variable, but we understand that you ultimately chose to stay with The Sky Lodge during your Park City visit. We value your business and are pleased that you wound up lodging here. Our construction will be finished in the next 7-10 days. We hope you enjoyed your stay and your weekend in Park City. Hopefully, we will see you again soon at The Sky Lodge!
prescott
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is one of the most impressive places I've ever enjoyed. From my welcome from front desk staff and the stunning suite I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. At no time did I not feel at home here. It takes a lot to impress as I judge with more emphasis on service and all staff here was willing to go above and beyond in helping me with whatever I asked. The hotel itself is beautiful and luxurious. If you plan on visiting this area, splurge a bit and make reservations here for a suite, well worth it.

Room Tip: Splurge on a suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank olddocPrescott
ParkCityLocalGirl, Public Relations Manager at Main & SKY, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for your kinds words, and we're thrilled you had a wonderful stay. We take pride that the intimate nature of The Sky Lodge and our staff makes guests feel very much at home during their stay.
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We (myself, my husband, our son and his girlfriend) stayed here for the last night of an amazing three week road trip in August.What an end to our trip!The photos on the hotel website + photos and reports on Tripadvisor had given us extremely high expectations- but the reality was way beyond what we had imagined- words almost fail me! We had a suite with two bedrooms, two decks (each with hot tub!), two bathrooms,FIVE tv's, huge living room/ kitchen/ dining room - all stunning!The kitchen alone was mind blowing- it was all so gorgeous we decided to forgo all the amazing restaurants in Park city and brought pizzas back to have our last meal of the holiday in our amazing suite (on the beautiful dining table with beautiful quality china and wine glasses)!All the staff here are of the highest calibre- welcoming , professional and really friendly. Carla was amazing- she allocated this amazing room to us and showed us round, making us feel really at home.Sky Lodge will not disappoint - go and thoroughly spoil yourselves! A Huge thank you to all for a truly memorable stay! Sue, Dave, Robbie and Clair UK

Room Tip: Well worth the extra to have a suite with hot tub and deck- stunning!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MillyA
We love our visitors from the UK and are thrilled you enjoyed The Sky Lodge so much that you spent your last night in Park City dining in your suite. Please tell your UK friends about us. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Best hotel we ever stayed at by far! top notch everything! Full kitchen, bose sound systems, tv comes out of dresser..amazing bathroom. Definitely recommend and would love to stay again :)

They only thing that threw us off was the sneaky valet parking bill they slipped under the door during the night. But the night was amazing! Wish we could have stayed longer :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Andrea L
We love hearing that Sky lodge is the best hotel you've ever stayed in! We apologize that you were caught off guard by the valet parking fee. The fee is noted on guest confirmation emails and in the lodging agreement signed by guests upon check in.
Park City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Beautiful hotel, but the last two times I went to the lovely roof top bar it was closed, even though they advertise that they are open. The hours of operation are listed as Thursday Friday, Saturday, so for this special occasion we met last Saturday at 6PM. Even though I called ahead of time to confirm, the bar was closed! This was the second time this happened. How disappointing!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank CMartinParkCity
ParkCityLocalGirl, Public Relations Manager at Main & SKY, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Sky Blue is currently closed for the fall shoulder season. We look forward to reopening on or close to December1. We hope you will come back and visit us!
New york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here last year and based on that fantatic experience decided to come back here again. I am not sure what has happened in the past year but this is a completely different hotel. I mean what kind of a luxury hotel does not have a bellman to help you with your luggage??? We checked in at 8pm and were told that the bell staff has left for the day. We were also not informed prior to making a reservation that the restaurant will be closed, which means no room service of any kind. We paid $100 less last year for a fantastic stay in a two-bedroom residence with wonderful service, now we feel we are paying more for a glorified motel that does not even offer some nasty coffee in the lobby.
And if this is how they treat return guests, it speaks volumes of their customer service policy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Danilevsky
We apologize for your experience. Please understand we are currently in transition under new ownership that has a fantastic vision for the hotel. A new management team is being assembled and we're in the process of hing a staff that will deliver five-star service to our guests. We have just restarted room service with a new menu created by our new executive chef who comes to us from Utah's number one Zagat-rated restaurant Mariposa in Deer Valley. A new concept is being created for the restaurant, which will reopen with a new design and menu on December1. There are other fabulous upgrades planned after the upcoming season. We hope you will stop by and visit the next time you are in Park City. Our goal is to offer a luxurious, five star experience with resort amenities with all the conveniences and attractions Main Street has to offer at your doorstep.