“lovely surroundings” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Redding, California
“lovely surroundings”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed 5 days in a kitchennette studio in Park City. The rooms are average, beds and pillows hard. The building security pad - never worked, so couple of nights we had some visitors sitting on the entry floor. Front desk closed at 8 pm - so there was no one to call. This enviroment did not feel very safe.

The conference center and Spa were fine.

Employees were accomodating and polite

Room Tip: The walls are paper thin - so perhaps a corner unit would be better
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
BHVManager, Manager at Prospector Accommodations, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I am sorry that you experienced problems with the entry door. While our front desk does not stay open 24 hours for parts of the year there is always an All Seasons Resort Lodging Associate available 24 hours a day to assist with any concerns a guest may have. Please don't hesitate to call us if you need help.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ogden, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My father booked our family here for a quick overnight stay. I read some reviews on another site and was concerned but hoped for the best.

He had already checked in before we arrived and said that was a nightmare and involved a safe in a building down the street.

The building we're in looks like a run down apartment complex from the outside and really isn't any better once you're inside!

Here's where it gets extra weird. We both have rooms with 2 beds, the rooms are right next to each other. Their room is much nicer. Newer carpet, nicer furnishings, flat screen TV, updated bathroom with newer tile. Then you go in our room.

First thing that hits you is the funky smell;) then you notice the bathroom that is stuck in 1985 (along with the lovely black mildew), the carpet that is probably 15 years old, the beat up furniture and the very old TV.

For a second I thought I stepped through a time warp! We quickly realized the TV was half dead and was pretty much un-watchable as it kept flickering and freezing up. We also realized that there are no curtains on the 1st floor street facing window, and we can't close the miniblinds because they too are broken.

I'm actually writing this review while laying in the bed wide awake at almost 1am because of the car lights shining in my face.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. I think sleeping in my car would be better than this!

• Stayed July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
ASRL, Manager at Prospector Accommodations, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Prospector Accommodations consist of eleven different building and therefore has a central check-in location. The interior and exterior of the check-in location has been renovated in the last seven years. It is not a high end property nor is it fair to say that it is "run down." This review has been very helpful to us and we have made significant upgrades to this room since this guest last stayed. As was stated, the other room was "much nicer," and is the direction we are moving with all of the rooms at Prospector Accommodations. We continue to make improvements to the rooms and property to provide a better guest experience, and value customer feedback. We will always take care of our guests if given the opportunity before, during, or after a stay.

Travelers are raving about these Park City hotels

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Had a great stay with my family. Impressed with both the quality of the accommodations and the ease of getting around to the ski resorts and the town. Highly recommend this location, especially if you are traveling with your family!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

booked this property through hotwire for only $44 a night, which was great considering how expensive other lodging is in park city. but they didn't put me in the actual lodge- they put me in a small building which has rooms that are probably used by skiers in winter. the room was similar to any hotel room, but there were no services- no ice machine, no laundry, no 24-hour reception. and the lighting in the room was very poor. otherwise, it had a microwave and was a very reasonable place to stay, fine for a place to sleep and go hiking each day in the nearby mountains.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — no ice
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

Prospector Square is a group of three condo properties that are owned individually. They are managed by All Season Resorts. My review is of room #812 in the Prospector Lodge property.

I made reservations for this hotel room on Friday June 15 for our stay on Saturday June 16th. I had received a flyer advertising local specials (we live in Salt Lake City, Utah) and went on their website at [--] and found a rate of $59 for Saturday night (weeknights were $49 a night). This was for a hotel room-style condo. I called the property directly and spoke with an agent for All Seasons Resort. I wanted to book the hotel-room style condo, but she said there was no availability for this type, but that I could book a kitchenette for $79 a night. Since I knew I could book the room at a lower rate online, I said "no thanks" and went back to the website. Sure enough, I was able to book the room for the $59 rate.

We got to the hotel around 6 pm. The check-in desk was closed, but we had received codes for the lockbox with our keys in the confirmation email, so accessed our key easily. One other couple was in the lobby and said their keys were NOT waiting for them. They were calling the reservation line while we were there - hopefully they got their room keys!

The check-in packet had our keys (real keys!), a map to our building (#8), and a list of amenities and rules for the condo units. On the envelope it asked us to "check in" the next morning. We found our building easily and went to find our room.

The building seems to have been built in the 80's or early 90's. It's not a luxury condo resort, but it seems to be maintained well. We did not see a pool or hot tub nearby. As we walked through the hallway, I could hear other guests in their rooms. I hoped we didn't hear our neighbors in our room.

Our room turned out to be a kitchenette. I made a note to myself to get a receipt when I visited the check in desk the next morning to make sure we were just charged $59 and not $79. The room was large and had 2 queen beds, a small table and 2 chairs, and a TV/VCR in an armoire. The comforter, shams and pillows were very nice, though the sheets were standard. The pillows were flat and the mattress soft.

The small kitchenette had a small microwave, small fridge, small sink and small coffee maker. We laughed because there was only one glass and one mug (but four bowls) in the cupboard.

The bathroom was small with a standard shower and small vanity/cupboard. The paint above the shower was peeling and looked like it had been repaired before. The shower's mechanism was weird - it took both me and my husband puzzling about how to turn the shower-part on for about 2 minutes before we realized there was a part on the faucet you must pull down to get the shower going. Strange.

Everything was clean and I felt comfortable walking around without my shoes on.

My concerns about hearing our neighbors never became a problem. We may not even have had neighbors, because I never heard anyone else - not even above us.

We wanted to tour Main Street so we pulled out the park city guide magazine on the table to find our way there. Thank goodness Park City hasn't changed much in two years - the magazine was from Summer 2005! Main Street was about 2 miles away. Definitely not walking distance, but close by car.

When I "checked in" in the morning I asked for a receipt. I was very happy to see that not only were we NOT charged extra for the kitchenette - somehow we were only charged $49 for the night (the weeknight rate)! Nice!

For the price we paid, I would stay here again. I was looking for something economical, not luxurious. This was better than I had expected for the price.

• Liked — Value, location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple