“Nice stay at the Best Western”

Best Western Plus Landmark Inn & Pancake House
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had a nice stay at the Best Western. This is a mid grade hotel and was nice a clean. The one thing I would recommend would be if you like a quite room to make sure your room doesn't over look the atrium lobby area. With people down there in the evening it can be a little loud. But one call to the front desk around 10pm and they were great in getting the folks quite.
The location can't be beat. Close to shopping (Walmart is less then a block away but you can't see it so that's great) and the outlet mall is just down the road. Just off the highway and close to lots of stuff.
Rooms are well appointed for the costs, not the Ritz by any means but nice.
The pancake house breakfast is good, included in the costs of the room. The breakfast included is a buffet breakfast that will probably be perfect for most. But if you are looking for something else you can order off of their normal menu for only 50% of the costs, great deal. Example was for our party we had people who wanted side orders of bacon as they only had ham on the buffet. A side of bacon I think was $2.95 normally so it was 1/2 of that. And the bacon was very good quality.
Overall a good stay, I would recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the lobby area. But other rooms can be a bit of a hike.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ColoradoCalvin
Bestwestern L, Manager at Best Western Plus Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Colorado Calvin
Thank you so much for your review! We can’t wait to see you again! Happy Holidays and also a Happy New Year

Kind Regards;

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The accommodations were reasonable: good bed, good bath, few (but adequate) places to recharge electronics. Friendly & helpful staff. The layout of the hotel meant a marathon hike from front desk, to room, and especially from room to restaurant. The restaurant was atrocious. I would opt to eat anywhere but their Pancake House - regardless of whether the breakfast was gratis or not. McDonalds would have been better!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HarryBerdoicci

Harry Berdoicci
I would like to thank you for your review on trip advisor I am sorry it has taken us so long to review this… we have had some management changes.. We hope you will come try our pancake house again… I would like to offer you a special rate to come and stay again please contact me directly at 435-649-7300… Hope to hear from you

Happy Holidays

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Older hotel. In pretty good shape. Expensive for what you get but then again its Park City. The rooms are older and a bit dark. But overall. Service was ok. Nice part of UT. I would probably book again.

• Stayed: June 2013

We hope to see you again in the future… Remember to mention our Bounce Back to get our great deals for retuning guests!!

Happy Holidays

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Staff very courteous, room - clean and comfortable, breakfast was more than adequate. We were finishing a 3400 mile trip and had some "interesting experiences" in some other motels along the way. I would recommend this particular motel to anyone traveling through or near Park City.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bestwestern L, Manager at Best Western Plus Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Frank S,
Thank you so much we are glad that we could stand out in a good way for you while making your long trip… We hope to see you again in the future, let me know if there is anything I can help you with…. Questions, reservations… anything
800-548-8824

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Best Western Landmark Inn. We always stay here when we travel to Park City. We were on the third floor across from the elevator but we did not hear the elevator at all. Our room was spacious and clean. Flat screen T.V. The water pressure in the shower was a bit low but still good. We missed the complimentary breakfast at the on site restaurant the first morning, but we're able to have a delicious breakfast from the menu at 50% off. Our waitress, Melanie, was great. She was very friendly and never let our coffee get cold. We did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast the second morning and it was very good. They had warm dishes- scrambled eggs, cubed hash browns, french toast, as well as fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, and oatmeal. We took advantage of the hot tub & pool as well. Both were well maintained and perfect temps. All in all it was a great stay. Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank meandkids04

Oh my goodness thank you meandkids04 we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in our area!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My bill had a fee of $1.50 on it for the in room safe, which i had no ideal i had nor did i use or ask for. THis is scam and you should demand it be off the bill before you book your room. Otherwise tell them your going elsewhere. Perhaps it will help. Its the point of the charge not the amount. Rip off everyone a 1.50 you make a lot of money. Good hotel and friendly staff thou. I had to mention the fee as i did like the location but ? If they remove that then this place gets all good reviews from me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Johnathan K,
We agree that the hotel should provide an in room safe at no cost, due to this we are excited and counting down the expiration of our contract with Safe Mark Company, currently they own the safes and we are obligated to charge, however as of November 1, 2013 we will be purchasing new safes and will no longer have this charge… Until this date if you do not use the safe in your room please let the desk know at check out and they are more than happy to remove this charge… We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

After traveling 700 miles over a marathon 10 hours of driving, we had pulled into the Best Western Landmark Inn late into the night. We were both exhausted and just wanted to sleep so we would be rested for the next leg of the trip. Unfortunately, the one thing. The most important thing I needed. Really, the only thing that I even wanted from this hotel was the one thing that could not be provided at the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn in Park City, Utah. A comfortable place to sleep.

Sometime around midnight we were assigned room 127 on the bottom floor. One door away from the ice machine, just around the corner from the laundry room and just on the other side of a wall where a room was emitting a loud, constant hum from some sort of generator or machine that probably controlled the buildings air conditioning or something, I was forced to lay in bed wide awake, listening to the drone of machinery. I only needed a few hours of sleep. Six hours would have been preferable. I would have settled for at least two. But no. I got zero sleep. No rest at all. Not in room 127. As exhausted as I was, I could not sleep next to the constant hum of whatever engine noise was vibrating through the walls.

At literally first light, I was out of bed. Packed and ready. I watched the sunrise as I walked around the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn. It seemed like a nice place, but I wasn't there to tour the grounds. I was even too tired to really enjoy the complimentary breakfast. I just needed sleep before driving another 400 miles to our destination.

It is nice to know that during a long and exhausting trip traveling across this country, when the time finally comes and you simply can't go any further there's a pretty good chance that there will be a place where you can pull in and pay for a comfortable place to sleep. Without this long tradition of safe haven for the weary traveler we would be forced to either keep traveling through the night, sleep in our car or camp on the side of the road.

As far as I am concerned the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn had one job. Just provide a comfortable place to sleep. By putting us in room 127 with that constant noise, they had failed miserably. Complete waste of money and time. We should have just kept driving.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern L, Manager at Best Western Plus Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I am so sorry! I am so upset you had that type of experience while staying at our property… We want all of our guests to get what they came for… and the fact that you didn’t makes me sad… I would like to offer you a night to come back, and stay in one of our Suites so we can have the opportunity to make this right with you! Please call me directly so we can set something up. Again I am truly sorry for the experience you had!

435-649-7300