“Beware you may end up being charged more than your told” 3 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Beware you may end up being charged more than your told”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Let me start off by saying the room was beautiful. I stayed in the honeymoon suite and when I thought I was paying the agreed upon price ($330 which may I add is quiet the deal) I wasn't even bothered that the heat in the main room didn't work. Upon check out I was handed a copy of the bill to discover I was charged $384!! A manager had come and changed the price without notifying me! Stating that because it was a package deal the price couldn't be altered. THEN PLEASE explain to me how their employees are given administrative rights to give the agreed upon deal if the managers just change it back. Beware, you may end up getting charged more than your told for less than exceptional services.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

we have stayed at this hotel several times and the accommodations are average. It is close to the outlet mall and that is nice. the breakfast is nice as well. the employees are the worst though. we will probably not stay there again because of the last 2 visits and our interactions with them.

Room Tip: stay away from the pool area if you can.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank amy6901
Cindyg01, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We can't fix what we don't know! We are very sorry to hear of your experience during your stay in March. We would very much like to have you come and stay with us again as we have made some changes with our employees. We always like to know how to improve as our guests are very important to our success. Please contact me directly to ensure you get a special managers rate or upgrade as we are positive we can make your future stay enjoyable.
Lander, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Found this motel on the Best Western website, as I'm a member of their rewards club. That might have gotten me an upgrade to an even better room (with a hot tub) than I'd reserved when I'd come early and my room wasn't ready. Had just driven 320 miles from WY to take a friend to the SLC hospital, and was tired and aching myself... but that wonderful bed relaxed me so that the aching stopped pretty quickly! I don't think I've had a bed that comfortable before! Stayed two nights and enjoyed the free breakfast, 24 hour coffee in the lobby, the size of the upgraded room, and the friendliness of the staff. They had two areas where you could use their computers in the lobby; and there was a beautiful small pool that I could see but didn't use. It's also important to me to have a fridge and microwave in the room, and theirs worked great (not always true in motels). Park City turned out to be an historic old town in a canyon area with very narrow streets and very closed in... and so this location of the Landmark Inn was wide open and close to many conveniences. The hills around it were somewhat barren, not the more forested mountains I'd imagined... so it's up to you what you want. I think I enjoyed my really nice room better than the whole area (but then I'm not a skier); it was luxury for me. Gas prices are really high by Park City, and if you intend to drive down to breathtakingly beautiful Heber city surrounded by beautiful mountains, get gas there because it's much cheaper! I'd definitely stay at this motel again, tho I prefer the red rock areas of Utah and probably would head to stay there instead.

Room Tip: Check out the views outside before you go in and ask to see the room...you can figure the rest out y...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here a couple of times in recent years when we have been skiing at the Canyons. The hotel is great value, it's not expensive but it has good facilities, rooms are a good size and well equipped (think our was a deluxe room), nice pool and you get a good hot breakfast.

Location is also great. Only about 30 minutes or so from Salt Lake City airport and located at the Kimball junction. Just a short drive from the Canyons, or you can get the bus, and other ski resorts are close as well. Lots of restaurants within a short distance, some of them within walking distance, and the outlet shopping centre is just a few minutes walk.

We've booked to go back in March 2012 and are looking forward to it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
SLC, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Motel location is a bit tricky to get in and out of. The staff was very friendly at check-in and check-out. We found the beds very comfortable, the pillows small and not so comfortable. Breakfast was good. Short distance to Park City. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

An average Best Western hotel.
We spent two days here. The front desk people were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and well maintained. It had two sinks, one inside the bath area and one outside. This is a plus for us. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well. There was a large, flat-screened TV, large dresser, frig and microwave. The room also had a couch. The bathroom could have used another towel bar. A very small balcony was useless. The door to the balcony did not lock and there was no bar to keep it shut.
Getting to the breakfast room was somewhat confusing. It was necessary to walk down a number of halls and staircases to find our way there. The breakfast buffet was average. Using paper plates might have been a better idea than using the plastic plates that had seen better days.
The concrete walkways outside were disintegrating and in need of serious repair work.
The business center had two very nice computers that worked well.
This motel is about 10 miles from Park City and I don’t believe it is in the city limits.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Honolulu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I love a bargain and very few things in life gives me the kind of thrill I get when I discover a great deal on a hotel. Unfortunately, the review I am about to write is not about one of those occasions. So recently my family and I got to stay at the Best Western in Park City, which is called the "Lanmark" location as oppose to the "Park City" location. It sits right next the the Park City Walmart and the Lanmark McDonalds Restaurant, both places about a twenty minute drive away from the Park City ski resort. We wanted to go real cheap on this vacation and we also wanted to be close to the Park City ski area. In today's dollars, I don't know if what I ended up paying is what I would call a bargain or real cheap ($410 for 4 nights, after a ton of discounts of various types), after all, this is a Best Western Inn. Let me describe the place to you. The building is on the smallish side, two stories high and maybe about 40 or so rooms. When you walk into the lobby, you will find a very small counter built into the wall that serves as the check-in desk. Directly across is a small table set up with the standard free coffee affair. Across and slightly to the right you will find the continental breakfast area where you can come to get your free morning grub (very simple menu, but better than nothing). There is a sunken sitting room area where the community fireplace and some sofas and chairs are located, just a few steps away. Farther down the walkway you will find the indoor pool that I did not use but looked pretty inviting. When you get to your guest rooms, you will discover what I can only call the most extreme generic type motel room I have ever seen. A very very basic 250 square foot room that is clean and average in appearance, by motel-type standards. My family of four was very cramped during our four night stay and we probably will not return here as a family because of how little room we had to put all of that ski stuff (2 skis, 2 snowboards, 4 sets of boots, 2 giant snowboard bags, and tons of misc. other stuff). Maybe just my wife and I might fit... but wait. I just remembered that wife said I couldn't drag her back here. Oh well, maybe just me next time. So let me finish up here. The parking was very convenient. You just look for an empty space next to the main entrance and plop you SUV right in there, no charge of course. Keep in mind that this location is really at the fringe of the Park City area. Unless you plan to catch the free shuttle (a great service, by the way, that is provided by the hotel) or use your car, walking is really not an option (maybe a tough one hour hike to Park City on a snow covered and a hazardously congested road). It is still much closer than a hotel in downtown Salt Lake City, however. And if you get a good dump the night before, that canyon road to and from SLC can get very nasty (4 wheel drive or chains may be required). Being a Best Western, at least the quality level is consistent, with nothing really terrible to report. I guess I should not have stayed at the Dakota Lodge on a recent trip, a place that will really really spoil you with what a hotel can offer when the word "value" is no where to be found.

Room Tip: Try to get to the breakfast buffet as early as possible since the best stuff will be gone very quick...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family