“Nice Place, Guest Services Could Use Some Work” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silverado Lodge

You added Silverado Lodge to your Saves list
Silverado Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2669 Canyons Resort Drive, in the Canyons Resort, Park City, UT 84098   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #31 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Minturn, Colorado
“Nice Place, Guest Services Could Use Some Work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We enjoyed our King Studio w/ a minifridge very much. The place was nice, we enjoyed the heated pool but the front desk staff need some customer service training (although the bellman were great). Nice shuttle to downtown and a quick walk or shuttle ride to the slopes. Never ate at the restaunrant on site but we enjoyed Drafts in the Village very much.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brandon, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I will start off with, Staff was 5x5 or good to go, hotel and rooms were clean and nice. Ok not so good. I was told by reservations this was a slope side hotel,Wrong! Reservations told me we had a two room suite with a king bed, Wrong! Two queens. They got this fixed 5 hours later and two flight tired kids and a mad wife. Next. Kids tried to sleep on the sleeper pull out sofa, it was junk. Looked like two kids sleeping in a hole, that's how bad the springs and mattress was. I asked them to fix the problem so they brought in a roll away bed. The room and staff are good here, but no one ever pointed out the pool, hot tub or the gym. To me not good for customer care. Next thing to get to our room we had to take the elevator to the parking garage then walk through it then another elevator to the 4th floor real bad design.
Shuttle service is very good with in the resort, if you go to town make plans free buses run on the half hour to park city give yourself abt 45 min to get to dinner. Taxi is good but will run 15 to 20 dollars one way.
If you have family try to eat around 1700 to 1800 to beat the rush.
If you want to stay at the Canyons and want slop side use the Grand Summit or Sundial much easier and way nicer and convenient.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Jason E
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was disappointed with my stay at the Silverado Lodge. Although I was told it was relatively new -- and I have to believe it was -- everything reminded me of being done on the "cheap." This included the fake silk flowers that were in every room and on every table.

It is a hotel/condominium. It was not luxurious. In my opinion, there is very little to no resemblance to a resort. My room was the second bedroom to a condominium.

On the positive side:
1. Parking was free.
2. My room had a kitchenette.

On the negative side:
1. I was concerned about privacy and security. There was no placard in the room to hang on the outside door for either privacy or for housekeeping to come in. If you requested one from the front desk, you could get one.

2. There was a dead-bolt lock on the room, but there was no additional security lock/latch on the inside. That is anyone with a key could walk in at any time even if you were in the room.

3. There was no safe in the room. For too many obvious reasons, this is very bad. I believe the front desk had a safe.

4. There was no soap dish in the shower. You either had to hold the soap all the time or place it on the shower floor.

5. There was no chest of drawers in the room. There was a big trunk-like coffee table, which had large cavernous areas to stuff things in.

6. The large trunk-like table could not be pushed or moved to make more room because there was no casters on it.

7. The fireplace did not have a timer. Many times the room was overwhelmingly hot. I got some relief when someone assisted me with how to open the windows.

8. The one and only closet in the room measured about 24" wide, and it was the same closet that housed the ironing board. I requested that the ironing board be taken away.

9. They do have a shuttle that runs the entire Canyons complex and the block or two to the Canyons Ski Lifts. But, if you wanted to ski at Park City, they would only take you to a place where you had to connect with the town shuttle. It was not convenient, and I was very happy that I had a rental car.

10. The sheets left for the murphy bed were just that. I could never, never describe them as linens.

11. There is no restaurant or coffee shop inside the premises. If you walk outside the front door of the hotel/condo and walk the entire length of the building towards the back, there is the entrance to the Bistro Restaurant, a Kosher restaurant. This is not good on a snowy, winter day.

12. Although the Bistro had a charming atmosphere, it is not opened for breakfast or coffee. It is not opened for lunch. It is opened for the Yiddish sundown luncheon/dinner on a Friday night. And, it is opened many other nights for dinner. Don't think in terms of American Hamburgers and fries; think in terms of Yiddish and Kosher fare.

13. During half of my stay, my room's phone light was on indicating that I had messages. The front desk assured me that I did not, and they were unable to clear the light.

14. Could never find the pool. The halls and elevators are convoluted. I never could find the pool. I peeked inside the equipment room, and was unimpressed.

15. My view overlooked the employees' parking lot and a large dumpster. This was considered a mountain view room.

16. On one of my days, there was a problem with the cold water; so the water was shut down with no advanced warning. This caused a delay in getting to the slopes.

I will not return to this hotel/condominium -- overpriced and low quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Guest565
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We spent one week at a 2-bedroom (unit 314) the Silverado Lodge right before Christmas. It was our best ski vacation ever. The hotel was very nice with a beautiful mountain-chalet-style decor. The unit was a quiet, spacious and well maintained corner unit, with a great view of the mountain and the swimming pools. We think it has the best location in the whole building, located just across from Westgate and a few floors above the Bistro restaurant. We were impressed with the services and think that this property should be rated 4*. Though the hotel is not a ski-in-ski-out, the shuttle made up for it -- only 1-2 minutes ride to the mountain.

Room Tip: We recommend Unit 314. We think it is the best unit in the building.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tiffany E
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our fifth time at this property, and our worst visit by a long way. After arriving, we were told that, in the changeover to Vail ownership that happened right after we reserved (months ago), they'd mis-keyed our reservation and therefore had nothing for us. This was 2 days after Christmas, so I believed them, but I was none too happy. Eventually, through a lot of negotiation between Vail's head of reservations and our travel planner, they did come up with a small one BR queen room (we had reserved a large 2BR with king beds). It was 304A, with a bedroom wall that adjoined the noisy elevator where apparently people kick the walls all night with their ski boots. The next day they moved us to a bit larger king bed one BR (handicap accessible, so much roomier floor plan, rooms 101 A-B, right on the lobby but not very noisy, considering). Still, not what we reserved and had prepaid for, but an improvement. Our child had to sleep in the worst sleeper sofa ever--may as well not have had a mattress. The front desk was unevenly staffed: The girl who was there when we checked in was hopeless. She was untrained and immature and has no business working in this industry, period. (She offered to "comp us a cot" for our child when telling us there was no second bedroom. We paid $900 a night to have our reservation lost, and she's offering to comp us a $20 cot?!) She also works at some of the other properties at the resort, God help them. The other desk help and the door staff were very, very good. The first night we asked three or four times for a pillow for our child (the one without a bed), and never got any. Shortage of towels was the buzz among the people staying there. Finally someone at the front desk confessed they just were out of them and could not get more. There also are no dressers in the bedrooms, so good luck unpacking. Trying to get a few extra coat hangers so that we might unpack was a challenge, but one that we eventually conquered after many complaints. I will say that Vail's management eventually credited us quite a bit against the cost of our expensive stay for the inconvenience, and that helped me feel better, but the overall experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. The property's manager, whom we met on the second day, was kind and helpful, but there's only so much he can do in a situation where he has a reservation and no rooms. I hope that once they've managed the property longer, they'll work these bugs out. The property has always been a favorite of ours, but they've got a long way to go to get back to where they used to be.

Room Tip: Do not get room 304A as it is right next to the elevator and you won't get much sleep.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Susanne H
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

So we stayed in room 001B. The room was probably the tiniest room I have stayed in in 40 years of travel. The furnishings were upscale- if they were there at all! What I mean is- NO DRESSER because there wasn't enough room for one! No waste basket in the bathroom- because THERE WASN'T ENOUGH ROOM FOR ONE! (OK, they stashed one under the sink, but there was no room on the floor). Just unbelievably tiny. And we paid $300 for this room! (although it was during the Sundance festival dates).

ALSO, when we arrived: the toilet flush mechanism was disconnected, the bulb above the shower was out, and there were no batteries in the TV remote.

It is clear from other reviews that there must be accommodations with much more room. However, when we asked to switch, the staff told us that all rooms were the same size! (NOT).

So be very careful about what you sign up for with this property.

By the way, the staff was very nice about addressing the 3 issues mentioned above (toilet, batteries, bulb), and even left us a very nice cheese plate in our room on the second day- but being nice in response does not excuse the problems that should never have occurred. And if you do not have a touch of claustrophobia-- you may after staying in room 001B!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Newburyport, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Let me first say this is a nice hotel on the Canyons property and exactly what you would expect in a nice loge style hotel on a ski resort. We rented two three room suites and they were roomy, clean and well maintained. That said there were three issues that this hotel could fix easily and I'm somewhat amazed they were not paying attention to the details. 1) The TV's in the suite were laughable. They were so small and difficult to use we were really disappointed when we wanted to catch the game. Honestly these TVs were so cheap I doubt you could buy them at Wallmart. For a resort of this caliber/price these should be replaced immediately. 2) No water pressure... and I truly mean none. Taking a shower was like camping and this was consistent across both suites in 8 bathrooms. 3) This is NOT ski on/ski off. Why they have no simple trail down to this and the other hotels is a mystery but there is a shuttle that will take you up the hill. Although very efficient at taking you on the mountain you end up walking back down every time and there is not even a good sidewalk let alone it is too difficult to do it in ski boots. The resort needs to have a consistent stop for the shuttle that is reliable as every time the shuttle dropped us off in a different place and we always had to walk back. This would have been miserable if I was with my kids. 4) they need an ATM in the lobby of this hotel. The only ATM available is in the other hotels and a significant walk

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends