“Location, Location, Location”

Wyndham Vacation Rentals Park City
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Great ski in ski out location. I would stay there again. Great value. The only draw back are the amount of stairs that you have to climb to get your gear and other items in and out of the house.

The hot tub and sauna were great.

• Stayed: February 2014
Alicia S, Marketing Coordinator at Wyndham Vacation Rentals Park City, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Chuck,
Thanks for the review! I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in Park City with us. Next time we'll see if we can find a property with fewer stairs! Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back again!

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Vacation Rentals Park City

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We enjoyed the townhouse we rented and location was convenient for our ski strip in March 2014. The home was serviced appropriately during the week we stayed there, providing clean towels, light maintenance/cleaning, and housekeeping was helpful in locating clothing we left in the garage accidentally. This home was very comfortable and the wood-burning fireplace and jacuzzi on the golf course were divine!

This was a last minute reservation and I'm glad Resort Quest Deer Valley were able to look through their inventory (quickly) to find us a great place to call home!

Room Tip: Get a reservation agent to go beyond the call to find a place, even at the last minute!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Jean,
Thank you for writing a review. We love to hear your positive feedback! I'm glad we were able to provide you with a townhome that met your needs. You'll have to come back in the summer when the golf course is open - it's a whole different experience! Our agents are happy to help book the perfect vacation rental for you! Thank you so very much for choosing us for your lodging in Park City. We truly appreciate your business. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Red Pine Condominium is a great place to stay if you like to ski and need the comforts of home. It was an awesome trip - We would stay again!

The Red Pine Condominiums are owned by the Wyndham hotel chain. We made reservations through Delta Vacations and ResortQuest. Hap Bruce was helpful and answered questions promptly during the reservation process. The condo had 1 BR, living room with gas fireplace, full bath, washer/dryer and full kitchen with pots/dishes/utensils. The design of the condo was dated, however, it was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. As part of the reservation, you could preselect if you wanted daily maid service or no service (it's nice to have choices). If I had one negative thing to offer, it was the lack of WIFI.

You need to go to the main office to pick up the keys and resort packet. We were able to leave the keys in the room and call the main office to check out which was very convenient.

Through our reservation, we also received a 20% discount on ski and equipment rental at Christy Sports. Thank you! The staff at Christy's were efficient, helpful and they outfitted us well with outstanding equipment. We will rent from Christy's again because of their great service.

There are several grocery stores nearby and we were able to fill the refrigerator with food supplies and beverages for our stay. We enjoyed big breakfasts, went skiing for the entire day and then enjoyed a relaxing, romantic dinner at home with a delicious glass of wine each evening.

The Red Pine is conveniently located near the lift for the Canyons and a short drive to Park City. Due to the busy holiday weekend, there were a LOT of families who were on a ski holiday. Park City had overflow parking at the local high school and a shuttle was continuously running skiers to the park. The staff was so friendly and helpful -- they picked us up and dropped us off at our car. The Park City overflow lot was actually more convenient than the normal parking lot!

Different from some of the other reviews, we were fortunate in that our Red Pine Condo was clean and very comfortable for our stay. We do plan to return to the Red Pine Condos and encourage you to research the actual condo where you will stay prior to making your reservation.

I carefully research hotels and activities using TripAdvisor. I like to write detailed reviews because people want to know the truth and have a great trip at a reasonable cost. If this was a helpful review, please let me know so that I am motivated to keep helping others. May you enjoy the Red Pine Condos and fresh powder on the slopes for your next trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IMAbbyNormal

Thank you very much for your review! I appreciate your attention to detail. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay in Park City! We look forward to hosting you again at Red Pine Condos during your next visit. Feel free to call us directly to speak with a reservations agent and they can help you select a specific unit at Red Pine - we'll make sure you have WiFi next time! I want you to know we sincerely appreciate your business and I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We just returned from a week at a condo at the Sundial rented through ResortQuest. The rate was great (a special rate for Thanksgiving) but that should have been a sign!!

We had to go to ResortQuest offices to check in - Sundial didn't want to have anything to do with us. The unit was not clean (dusty everywhere) when we got in. The Fireplace didn't work, the dishwasher broke down the first day and was never fixed, the refrigerator froze anything that was uncovered or was at the back of the fridge. We were promised a housekeeper to wash our dishes daily (since we couldn't use the dishwasher) but they only showed up after I kept calling. We were told we would have 2 days of housekeeping services which only happened once. The second time they made our beds (with no new sheets), left clean towels and emptied one of the garbage cans!!!!! We came home to a sink full of dishes, garbage in the kitchen, crumbs on the carpet, etc......

Basically, our stay was daily phone calls to ResortQuest for all kinds of maintenance and housekeeping issues. This took away from our idea of comfort at a condo with the connivance of a kitchen.

Pay slightly more and stay at a resort/hotel where you get reliable and full service with no issues with old appliances and sporadic housekeeping. You will have a much better time!!

Room Tip: Do not use ResortQuest!
1  Thank karmen d

Karmen,
I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay at Sundial Lodge was not satisfactory. First, with your check in process, we do try to make it clear where our check in offices are located, however, based on feedback like yours we are working to make that more clear with our guests so that upon check in they can save time and frustration. Park City area lodging is mostly vacation rentals, so it can get confusing for guests who are more accustomed to staying in hotels. We hope to make that process easier.
As far as your maintenance and housekeeping concerns, I cannot express how regrettable it is to hear that you experienced such inconveniences during your stay. I want you to know that your feedback has prompted us to make sure this unit has no maintenance issues moving forward.
I hope that you would give ResortQuest by Wyndham Vacation Rentals another chance in providing an excellent lodging experience upon your next visit to Park City. Again, I offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I rented PowderRidge #4 for 4 nights with 6 other adults. The condo was plenty large and the location was great as we could quickly walk to the mountain base. The company was easy to deal with for reservations and check-in. Condo was clean and stocked with some basic toiletries and kitchen supplies. Would rent from this company again. This unit is also located very close to a City Shuttle pickup/drop off point.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank HogFan06

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you had an enjoyable time in Park City. It really is a very convenient town for getting around! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of that. Thanks for choosing us for your ski vacation lodging, and we hope to see you again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place was in a nice location, close to Canyons, Park City and Deer Valley. We skied at Deer Valley only and the price beat what we could have rented over there. However, it looked great, but was not clean upon our arrival. I had to vacuum the floor because there were chips in the carpet. The vacuum was barely working, made noise, but no suction. Also, the dishwasher did not work. The dishes came out with a gross thick film on them, so I had to hand wash everything before we used it. The cooking utensils were also old and worn. I did not feel like this place was clean. It was nice to have laundry right there in the unit and the size was great. Also, the fireplace put out nice heat and warmed the unit up nicely. The pull-out sofa bed mattress was very thin and worn, so my boys slept with a bar in their back. This is a beautiful place, but I would recommend a better cleaning service and also, they need to spring for a new dishwasher and vacuum....then it would be a 5 star! I would rent here again, I would just ask that it be cleaned better. Resort Quest was very nice to book with and I never called to complain (too busy skiing), and I am confident if I had called they would have fixed the issues.

Room Tip: This was a pretty unit, you can tell the owners have put care into it.
2  Thank K G
Alicia S, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Vacation Rentals Park City, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear guest,
I would first like to say, thank you for staying with us at Wyndham Vacation Rentals. We truly appreciate your business. Second, we really do appreciate your feedback and we are taking it to heart. I'm sorry that the cleanliness of the unit was not what it should have been. I am working with housekeeping and owner relations departments to get a new vacuum in that unit as well as working on the dishwasher. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and got some good skiing in! We hope that you do stay with us again, and if so, do not hesitate to call our front desk for any services! We are glad to help!

Alicia

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at 1283 Empire Ave. It is an awesome house, so convenient for going to Park City Mountain Resort...just walk 3 houses down the street and you are there! We took the shuttle from SLC airport, then just went around town using the free Park City town shuttles. Super easy, and much better than trying to find parking in snow, etc. ResortQuest made it super easy...checkin was a breeze, they took care of coordinating some suitcase storage and dropoff. I would definitely use them again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the 1283 Empire ave. property, it was fabulous for those going to Park City Mountain Re...