“Harassed by Golf Marshal”

Park City Golf Club
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I am not a great golfer, in fact I stink, but that is not the point. My parents were in town so I thought they would enjoy a round at a nice resort. I took my 70+ year old parents who by the way are really good golfers and my wife who has only played for about a year to Park City Golf Club. We were greeted by the Marshal at the first hole and then we were off. At the third hole, we had another visit from the Marshal and were reminded to keep up the rate of play. We said OK, and did our best to move along. We did not have anyone pushing us so we thought that we were playing fast enough, but the Marshal stopped us for 3 to 5 minute lecture about the speed of play that was expected by Park City Golf Club. We were visited 3 times in the first 9 holes, so that amounts to every other hole and about 15 minutes of time. My wife and I started picking up our balls and stopped playing to speed things up. The 3rd time was a different person, and he accused us of taking 3 hrs at the 7th hole, so my dad corrected him firmly that we were barely over 2 hours out. My wife and mother were so disgusted by the treatment that they quit play after 9 holes. We had finished after 2h and 30 minutes of play, a little long, but not that bad considering the time spent with the Marshal. My dad and I went to number 10 and were visited again on 11. At this point I was pissed-off bad! I was a bit short with the Marshal and let her know that my mother and wife had quit, she copped an attitude and said “Well that should speed you up!” It took my dad and I about 1hr and 50 minutes to finish the game. I have never been treated so poorly at any course and can’t believe that after paying so much money to have fun that I took that abuse. I vow to never send anyone I know to Park City Golf Club! If you are a pro and can play a round in less than 2 hours you may be able to play without being harassed. If you are not a fast player don’t waste your money there, it will not be a fun time! I will never play there again and I will be sure to tell everyone I can to play somewhere else. There are hundreds of great courses in Utah that know how to treat the customer. Park City Golf Club does not understand that.

7  Thank Paul W