“Pricey, but very fun!”
Review of Alpine Coaster

Alpine Coaster
Ranked #8 of 95 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Thrill seekers, meet your match on Utah's largest Alpine Coaster. The elevated track winds you through more than a mile of loops, curves and hair-pin curves at speeds up to 30 mph. Just like your favorite roller coaster - but with the refreshing mountain scenery of Park City.
West Jordan, Utah
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Pricey, but very fun!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I planned a once-in-a-blue-moon overnight getaway to Park City. I'd had my eye on the Alpine Coaster (as well as the ZipRider and the Alpine Slide), but paying for our family of 6 to do that just wasn't in the budget this time. I wanted to go play like kids, just the two of us.

We made the mistake of going on what had to be among the busiest weekends (Pioneer Day weekend--24th of July), So we waited in some really long lines, but it was so much fun. I do wish the price was more reasonable. We did the Triple Play (Alpine Slide, Coaster, and Zip Rider one time each for $45). I'd do it again, though, being sure to avoid a busy holiday weekend.

The coaster is totally safe (unlike the Alpine Slide where you can fall off). You hop in the coaster and take a slow, scenic ride up the track for several minutes through the wooded hills before the ride actually begins. You're bucked in and have the ability to use a hand brake if you want to slow it down. I'm not normally one who enjoys rollercoasters, but the most intense this gets is some fast, tight turns. It's exhilerating and fun. I felt like a kid again.

You can ride this alone, with a younger child, or with your hunnybunny if you want to snuggle (I don't recommend it).

Visited July 2011
3 Thank chmeliar

Brighton, Michigan
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fun to do once ... like your own private rollercoaster”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

his was not cheap at $20 pp, but if you don't break, this is a really thrilling ride. Unlike alpine slides, you are actually on tubular tracks just like a roller coaster, so smooth ride without much friction let's you "fly" -- a cable pulls your car to the top, then you twist and turn your way back down. Fun.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank travelwhenIcan67
Adelaide
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“A bit of fun”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

It is a little pricey for the time you are on it. If you drive slow it could last 2-3mins, if you dont brake at all it will last under a minute. But it is an experience. And is fun. If you want to go down fast, try and pick a time when no one is lining up for a minute or two, otherwise you wiil be stuck behind someone who will probably be very slow down the hill, causing you to have to slow down and not get a great ride.
The guys who run it down the bottom offer half price rides after you ride it once, so going again is worth it.

Visited March 2011
1 Thank Schmaxx
Charlotte, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“I would like to tell you about the ride, but...”
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I haven't been. Why? Twice I have attempted and twice I have been stood up. Another reviewer mentioned the short hours, and this is no understatement. 12-4 are the posted hours, but these are highly subject to the slackers operating the ride. The first time I attemtped to catch a ride on the alpine coaster the ride was closed before 4. The second time I tried to catch the ride it was scheduled to be open, but it was already 1:30. I assume the ride is nice (if not overpriced), but be aware that the hours can be a little iffy.

5 Thank aoi77
Atlanta, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“So much fun, but so overpriced”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

The coaster was so much fun. It was probably one of our favorite activities from our trip to Park City, Utah. However, $40 for 2 people in one car for about a 2 minute ride is seriously over-priced. The hours for the ride are very short. It is only open until 4 pm. Good luck getting across the ski slope from the ticket booth to the ride. Be weary of snow boarders coming down the hill. Also, good luck finding the entrance to this place. It is not very well designated. Don't park at the first area you see by the hotel. Drive further in. You will want to park by the skating rink/entrance to the shopping area.

2 Thank hi_maint_couple