“Poor customer service the "norm"”

Ghidotti's Italian Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Ghidotti's Italian Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Street, Red Stone Center Drive
Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

On Aug. 25,I ordered take out of a special for $25.00 at 8 pm. Was told it would be 20 min. I was there in 20 min. Food not ready...I think maybe not even ordered. The front girl with long dirty blond hair talked to me without looking at me, was disrespectful and rude. After asking her when my food would be ready she said,"It's being made and will be ready when it's ready." After not getting my food for 40 min., I asked to talk to the manager. An "Asst. manager" came out eventually and it was obvious that he could care less as he laughed at what I was saying. My order came shortly after 40 min and when I got home, I discovered they put in a Caesar salad instead of the house salad that I ordered. This is not my first episode of poor service at this restaurant. Formerly, it was as an eat-in customer. I have sent a personal letter to the owner with no response about the horrible service. Try it...know that you are the last person that the manager and staff care about. Won't return.

1  Thank winyim
Bwe R, Public Relations Manager at Ghidotti's Italian Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for your review. Firstly, I would like to apologize for your poor experience! Our hosting staff has been spoken to about their behavior, and the assistant manager is no longer with us. I can assure you that we do not ignore any complaints or letters that come to us, as it is very important to correct any situation where our guest is not 100% satisfied. Please contact me directly to discuss your dining experience, and I hope that you'll give us another chance in the future! allison@billwhiteenterprises.com or 435-647-2908. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Ghidotti's Italian Cafe

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ghidotti's is one of our favorite spots in all of Park City (and there are a lot of great restaurants in PC!). Fantastic food, AMAZING service, great prices and such a comfortable atmosphere. Summer time sitting out on the patio gazing at the mountains just can't be beat. Winter time sitting on comfy couches or table service by the many fireplaces makes you feel like you are being taken care of in your own home. Add to that that the Greg (the GM) and the wait staff always remember your name and take such good care of you that it truly feels like home. Settle in...

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I sat on the patio with some friends. Our server was very nice but too busy. We rarely saw her. When the food finally arrived, my salmon was tiny and overlooked. The restaurant is WAY over priced and the food is just ok. They also marked up a bottle of wine 200%.......ridiculous. I don't mind paying for good food and wine but this was not it!

Thanks for your review! I am so sorry about the food not being prepared properly! Was this issue brought to the attention of your server that night? We want every guest to be completely satisfied with their meal, and will be more than happy to replace any dish with a new one so that you will enjoy your dining experience with us. Unfortunately there is no way for us to know if there is an issue unless it is brought to our attention. I would love to discuss your experience with you and offer a special dining experience for the future. Please contact me directly at allison@billwhiteenterprises.com or 435-647-2908. Thank you!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We discovered eating out in Park City is very expensive. We were staying at a Timeshare and even though it had a very nice kitchen, who wants to cook on vacation.
For only $25 you can order dinner for 4 from Ghidotti for pick-up. It include a large salad, Italian Bread and a choice of entree, which you select from a list of about 5 items.
It fed my family of 4, which includes a teenage boy and we had a little left over.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The day before we headed back home we splurged on dinner a bit. My wife and I split the Chicken Parm and Lasagna and were extremely pleased with both. The bread was wonderful and so was the garlic bread. Great service and wonderful atmosphere. Pricey to be sure, but not ridiculously so.