“Best Experience Ever This is a must do!”

Utah Adventure Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Utah Adventure Center will guide you through exiting outdoor attractions all over the state of Utah, but a perennial favorite is VIA FERRATA CLIMBING adjacent to our private 350 ft. waterfall! VIA FERRATA is a mountain-climbing method that lets less experienced climbers safely enjoy the adrenaline rush and spectacular views usually reserved for elite climbers. If you can climb a ladder, you can climb the Waterfall Canyon Via Ferrata. You're always attached to the safety cable. No ropes or knots are required.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the climb so much we can't wait to come back with our 24 year old son so he can experience this once in a lifetime experience. We have traveled the world and this is at the top of the list of best experiences. It was exciting and safe. I now know what rock climbers experience except we were safe in doing our climb. Chris was a great guide and very informative. We took pictures that are unbelievable and will soon be on our walls in our home back in Columbus Ohio. Everyone that has seen our pictures can't believe what we did and without exception they want to come to Park City to climb with Chris and then do some skiing.

1  Thank lawyershroyer

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Via Ferrata course is amazing. Truly a gem to have in the U.S. as only 3 exist. My wife is afraid of heights and had no problem completing the climb. My daughter (11 years old) and son (12 years old) also loved the experience and said it was the best thing they've ever done. Huge confidence booster for both of them.

You don't need to be an extreme sports enthusiast to do this (anyone in fair to good physical condition could complete the course). If you are, though, you will not be disappointed. I've been sky diving (3 times) and bungee jumping (twice) and would put this at the top of the list.

Bottom line: My family and I could not have had a better time. We came to Utah to snowboard but will be talking about Via Ferrata when we get home. This is a must do if staying in Park City.

(Tip: Take I-80/I-84 to Ogden from Park City instead of going through Salt Lake City--much more scenic going through the mountains.)

Reviewed March 14, 2014

If you have a group of old friends getting together for a weekend of outdoor fun in Utah, do the group climb with Utah Adventure Center on your first day. I don't care if you haven't seen each other in a decade, the bonds you build on this climb will make the years of separation seem like they never happened. Everybody will be telling tall tales about it for the rest of the trip, and it will become the yardstick against which all other outdoor attractions are measured. We did the group climb for $100 per person, and there were no outsiders added to our group, so it was like our group of 6 college roommates had our own private guide. Our guide Chris picked us up at our hotel, drove us to the climbing spot, got us set up with the special via Ferrata climbing equipment, hiked with us to a hidden, awesome waterfall, fed us exotic sausages and cheeses and sweets, climbed with us, and dropped us back at our hotel so stoked we couldn't stop talking about what we had done. This is one of those adrenaline deals where it is actually very safe, but you FEEL like you have just made the first ascent of Everest. Tip: bring a couple of sandwiches with you- the snacks they have are great, but when the adrenaline wears off a bit at the top if the climb, you will be HUNGRY. I'm coming back to do this again with my wife and children.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were down in Utah for skiing this last year and we decided to take a break after the fourth day. While trying to figure out what to do and we saw Utah Adventure Center's brochure in the lobby. The brochure looked like it could be okay so we decided to go for it. It was COMPLETELY worth it. The climb was so much more exhilarating than I could of ever expected. Our guide was great and a lot of fun. Definitely the highlight of our trip. Highly recommended.

C P, Manager at Utah Adventure Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Michael, We had a great time climbing with you, and we look forward to seeing you again in the Spring!