“What a place!”

Newpark Resort & Hotel
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend as well as a handful of others as we were all in town for a friends wedding. We rented one of the townhouses and it was awesome! Comfortably slept 6 grown men and we had rom for a few more. It is set up nicely with the upstairs having two rooms, one big master with a huge king, the second room had two twin beds. In the alcove upstairs is a bed as well with a pull out under it. Downstairs had a fully equipped kitchen with a nice living rom space and a pul out couch. Back deck overlooked the Olympic Ski Jump Facilities and also contained a hot tub. Overall the property is beautiful and I would love to return for a longer stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were given a gift to stay over night there two days ago (June 2014). We arrived there rather late 11:30. The room itself was beautiful but small. The rest of the hotel looked wonderful. At 2:00 in the morning I started to hear distinct conversations and coughs. The walls are paper thin!!! I felt like we were all in the same room! The a/c kept clicking and the rest was downhill. There were at least 4 small kids with parents in the next room. The woke up early screaming happy birthday mom! I thought it was very sweet so I didn't want to call the front desk to ruin their celebration. Our night was already ruined. I blame the parents for not keeping the noise down but they were running around screaming and clicking our adjacent door handles. I was so tired that I was almost in tears . We just got up and left. I talked to the nice girl at the front desk and suggested that they review their clients and put families aIn one side and couples or singles in the other wing.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from families if you are alone or a couple ! Walls are paper thin!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jill R
CarolineC-Manager, Front Office Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Jill R,

First thank you for your feedback. I want to apologize for your less than desirable experience. I sent you a private message as I hope to speak with you further. I understand your expectation for a private evening. Had we been made aware in advance of your need, we would have made every effort to assign you to one of the rooms within the hotel that do not have a connecting room. We make an effort to make couples aware of this feature when availability allows. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Kind regards,

Caroline Cahall
Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had no idea that people in this country could be so nice, well they are and they live in Utah. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are unbelievable. Decorated so tastefully made the impression that this is not your ordinary hotel room. The room was immaculate, the cleaning staff should get a gold star. The hotels location is perfect, walking distance to many restaurants and other shopping, and just a 5 minute drive to Park City. And don't forget about The Silly Market on Sundays. I AM GOING BACK.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and outdoor hot tub
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed at the Newpark Hotel last weekend and had a difficult time leaving... In fact, we extended our stay! Our room had a gorgeous view of the Olympic slopes, which we enjoyed from the comfort of our private hot-tub. The decor was tasteful, and gave the impression that each room was individually decorated with high-end artwork. The furniture, especially the bed, was extremely comfortable and I have added several elements of the bathroom design to my "dream home" bathroom design: heated floors are a must have! Additionally, we found the staff to be especially helpful and friendly. Although we had a full kitchen in our room, the area that the Newpark is located in has so many great dining options, we hardly ever ate in. There is also good shopping (both grocery and retail) within walking distance. Overall, I would say this is one of my favorite hotels I've stayed at... ranking it amongst Four Seasons and Ritz-Carltons all over the world.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EatSleepDive
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was beautiful and has beautiful rooms! Extremely clean too! It's a perfect location if you like to walk or ride bikes on trails, it has lots of great restaurants within walking distance, the outlet malls are close by, and it's just a 5 minute drive to downtown Park City.

Our ONLYcomplaint, and the only thing that would keep us from going back, is the lack of privacy on your deck. It not only overloooks a very large open walking and parking area, but the BIGGEST drawback was that even when it's dark, you can't go out and enjoy the hot tub on the deck without the neighbors on both sides of you completly seeing and hearing you. Such a HUGE drawback! I'm very self concious in a swimsuit so I don't want my neighbors to see me, and my husband and I had of be careful of what we said while we sat in our hot tub discussing some private issues, because anyone who was outside could totally hear us.

We could hear our neighbor's conversation while they were out on their deck and we were INSIDE of our room at the time. It was getting late and we were waiting to go out to our deck to enjoy some privacy of our own, and we waited and waited for them to go in. It was very late before we could go out and enjoy some privacy.

The problem is that the wood which separates each deck is VERY short. My husband and I are very short - if WE can see over them - everyone taller than us can see over them. Why on earth they didn't completely block off each neighbor is beyond us! Why not take the decking up higher in between decks so people have more privacy! Or add flower pots on top or something - anything, to give a little more privacy.

If you don't care about privacy while on your deck (while eating, reading, relaxing, or sitting in the hot tub) then you'll love this hotel. If you want privacy while on your deck, you won't like this hotel. That was the only drawback, and it was a HUGE drawback for us because we love sitting on a quiet, private deck and listening to and watching nature. This was NOTcheap hotel (it was $400 for ONE night! So for the price - it should include a LOT more privacy!

Room Tip: Go with a suite for sure!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie C
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed two nights with two couples and one child. Location was convenient to places in Park City we wanted to go. Two bedroom + loft and 3 bath town home had all the comforts. Water and ice dispenser on fridge wasn't working upon arrival but they fixed that the next morning. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Newpark is a beautiful hotel. The beds were great. The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved our personal hot tub on our deck. Although by the end of our second day it was looking really murky. And there really isn't much privacy on your own deck. The partition to the deck next to you is about waist high so you can see across all the decks. We could see right into our neighbors room if they had the blinds open. Also the rooms are laid out funny. They have an extra add on room that if you don't reserve, other people can. And it is only a thin door that separates you. So you can hear everything. Overall, our stay was very nice. We loved the little shopping area around and the restaurants. We were close to the outlet malls and also visited the Olympic Park.

• Stayed: May 2014