“President's Weekend in Park City” 5 of 5 bubbles

Newpark Resort & Hotel
Ranked #9 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Weston, Florida
“President's Weekend in Park City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Nice Hotel for the Park city area.
We choose a few years ago because is brand new, and still is. we stayed in a One bedroom apartment which is fully equipped, has a nice big tub and a Jacuzzi ready to go in the balcony.
The beds are comfortable. Bathroom is beautiful.
The location is in the same shopping plaza as Whole Foods and some restaurants. really close to The Canyons but we skied in Deer Valley.
We didn't mind the 15 min drive because we wanted to stay in the Newpark.
But having a car is a must

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank david m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I rented a luxury suite at Newpark. The location is convenient for trying different ski areas with a rental car. The lobby is very warm and welcoming. This was our first trip skiing in Park City and the folks at the front desk offered some great tips. We utilized the kitchen in our room each day for breakfast, and the free covered parking came in handy as it snowed several times while we were there. The room is the perfect size for a couple, or a couple with a child. The views outside were wonderful, and we enjoyed the hot tub each night. The private ski lockers near the lobby made getting out each morning easy. There were two good restaurants near the hotel, Kneaders for breakfast and Maxwells for dinner.

Other reviewers mentioned temperature issues. We found the room was a little hot a few times with the heat and the fireplace going at the same time. It was easily resolved by lowering the temp on the thermostat and opening a window for 20-30 minutes.

Overall, it was a really comfortable place to stay, and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Go with the luxury suite, and one near the elevator if available.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CarolineC-Manager, Front Office Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We take the feedback from guests to heart. Your comfort is of utmost importance. As such, we have undergone a complete renovation of our Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning and installed the latest technology in energy management systems. We apologize for the inconvenience at the time but are pleased to report we have resolved this specific concern.
North Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My Husband and I stayed in a one bedroom villa. We were there for just one night. Rooms were clean, large and we loved to Jacuzzi on the deck. It was already warm and ready to go. We did not ski but went to a show in Park City which is only a bout 5 miles from there. The location is great and there are some restaurants within walking distance. The staff was helpful upon check in. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: These rooms are new and and big. The hotel is in a great location whether you are skiing or just spe...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I love Skiing in Utah and whenever I do I stay at the Newpark Resort. I always book a one bedroom but they do have other room types. I like making my own breakfast in the morning so the full kitchen is a real plus for me. Whole foods in down the block as well as other restaurants and even a Best Buy.

I love the Newpark location vs a Ski in and out mountain location because I never know where I'm going to ski.
One day it might be Deer Valley, the next Alta and if my son is with me we'll visit Snowbird, Park City Mountain and even the Canyons. Deer Valley and Alta are ski only mountains, no boards allowed. In this review I won't get into why this is so great but if you're a skier, you have to take advantage of ski only mountains like Deer Valley and the Alta!
Why pay for a ski in and ski out resort if you'll be taking advantage of all the fantastic mountains Utah has to offer.
My room this year had a view of all three ski resorts. Deer Valley, Park City and the Canyons. Sitting in our balcony hot tub looking at the mountains is very motivating. Not all rooms have the same great view but good enough.
The only thing I didn't like about our room this year was the shower head. You have this great bathroom with heated tile floors, double sinks, a giant bathtub and the littlest showerhead I've even seen in a shower. It got the job done but it was my one and only complaint.
I would recommend Newpark if you're looking for a family friendly, new construction, clean off mountain resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fourth floor at the end of the hall for the best views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BradleyMpls
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

The only thing keeping me from giving Newpark a 5 star rating is a major error that occured during our reservation process. We had requested 2 townhomes and a one bedroom suite (inside the hotel), but the reservationist gave us 3 townhomes. Luckily, they still somehow charged us the lower suite rate for the third townhome, but it was frustrating since we didn't want a full townhome for one person. Honestly, and will all due respect, I think it was a comprehension error with the reservationist since she had a very heavy accent which made booking over the phone extremely difficult, but Sarah at the front desk was very helpful to remedy the situation when we arrived.

However, the townhomes we stayed in were FANTASTIC! Very nice, spacious, and clean, and the hot tub was a hit with our group. If you are traveling with a group, especially younger people who don't mind sharing beds, you can't beat this value. And the area it was in was so convenient. We had a grocery store, coffee shop, and department stores all within walking distance. It's only kind of a drag if you're there for Sundance and have to rely on the bus system to take you into town.

One more minor complaint: They do not tell you exactly how many each townhome can sleep, which made for a couple surprises when we moved in. We had 8 people per townhome, but our second townhome did not come with pull out couches as they had told us. So we had to move around and reconfigure our group until everyone had a bed. So just a pointer, make sure you confirm with them that the townhome they give you can sleep everyone in your party! Each home is different, so you just have to check beforehand.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Oakland, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was disappointed with my experience at this hotel. I don't think the staff understood how to be
gracious or how to make a guest feel like a guest. For me, it was not a luxurious or wonderful
getaway.

On the positive side:
1. This hotel/condominium is relatively new.
2. The ski shuttle for Park City and the Canyons stops outside the hotel. You may need
to take two buses to get to Deer Valley.

3. The bathrooms are big, with a closet inside.
4. The fireplace has a timer on it.

On the negative side:
1, The deluxe queen room was very small.
No chest of drawers in the room; the drawers are under the queen bed.

2. No side tables/drawers on the side of the bed. There is a single
small shelf built into the frame.

3. The deluxe rooms are nothing more than the second bedroom of a condo
unit. Be sure to ask whether your room will have windows in it that will face
to the outside or whether they will face to an interior shaft..

4. There are no microwaves.
5. There are no shower caps.

6. It is located in something almost equal to a strip mall.
7. The front doors to the hotel/condo are not automatic...difficult to get your
luggage in and out of.

8. There was noisy banging in either the heating or plumbing pipes. I don't
know whether they were inside or outside, but there was noise.

9. The ice machine on my floor was repeatedly broken.

No, I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Guest565
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed for four nights, and overall the experience was good. The room is not huge, but was sufficient for two people. There is a nice sitting area with a couch and a gas fireplace. The bed is comfortable (although almost too hot--and we slept with the window open). The little kitchen nook with a sink, fridge and a granite counter served us well, as we don't care for hotel breakfast but ate fruit, yogurt, and protein powder (bought from the close by Whole Foods Market) for breakfasts. (The hotel-provided coffee was OK). The bathroom is spacious, and plenty of fresh towels and robes were provided.

Now a couple of negatives as a heads-up if you are planning to stay here. The tile floor in the bathroom was supposed to be heated, but it wasn't. When we asked about it, someone immediately came and pushed some buttons, but the floor never got warm. So bring slippers or wear socks.

I also recommend bringing earplugs--we were subjected to hearing rather noisy neighbors and their love-making in the next room (separated by a thin door with no treshold; these rooms apparently can be joined into a suite). Luckily, we only had such close neighbors only one night.

The free wifi was a little tricky with my iPhone for a couple of days (but worked fine with a laptop).

I will end with a few positives: there is a nice outdoor hot tub and a swimming pool, a steamroom, and a sauna. There is also a gym (which we never used, having skied hard every day). The staff was also very friendly and helpful in answering any questions we had.

So I recommend staying, but bring earplugs, warm socks, and perhaps flip flops if you will use the hot tub and the pool.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are good, but ask for one without an optional adjacent room (unless you will book that...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple