“Slightly rocky reservation process, but amazing stay!”

Newpark Resort & Hotel
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The only thing keeping me from giving Newpark a 5 star rating is a major error that occured during our reservation process. We had requested 2 townhomes and a one bedroom suite (inside the hotel), but the reservationist gave us 3 townhomes. Luckily, they still somehow charged us the lower suite rate for the third townhome, but it was frustrating since we didn't want a full townhome for one person. Honestly, and will all due respect, I think it was a comprehension error with the reservationist since she had a very heavy accent which made booking over the phone extremely difficult, but Sarah at the front desk was very helpful to remedy the situation when we arrived.

However, the townhomes we stayed in were FANTASTIC! Very nice, spacious, and clean, and the hot tub was a hit with our group. If you are traveling with a group, especially younger people who don't mind sharing beds, you can't beat this value. And the area it was in was so convenient. We had a grocery store, coffee shop, and department stores all within walking distance. It's only kind of a drag if you're there for Sundance and have to rely on the bus system to take you into town.

One more minor complaint: They do not tell you exactly how many each townhome can sleep, which made for a couple surprises when we moved in. We had 8 people per townhome, but our second townhome did not come with pull out couches as they had told us. So we had to move around and reconfigure our group until everyone had a bed. So just a pointer, make sure you confirm with them that the townhome they give you can sleep everyone in your party! Each home is different, so you just have to check beforehand.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was disappointed with my experience at this hotel. I don't think the staff understood how to be
gracious or how to make a guest feel like a guest. For me, it was not a luxurious or wonderful
getaway.

On the positive side:
1. This hotel/condominium is relatively new.
2. The ski shuttle for Park City and the Canyons stops outside the hotel. You may need
to take two buses to get to Deer Valley.

3. The bathrooms are big, with a closet inside.
4. The fireplace has a timer on it.

On the negative side:
1, The deluxe queen room was very small.
No chest of drawers in the room; the drawers are under the queen bed.

2. No side tables/drawers on the side of the bed. There is a single
small shelf built into the frame.

3. The deluxe rooms are nothing more than the second bedroom of a condo
unit. Be sure to ask whether your room will have windows in it that will face
to the outside or whether they will face to an interior shaft..

4. There are no microwaves.
5. There are no shower caps.

6. It is located in something almost equal to a strip mall.
7. The front doors to the hotel/condo are not automatic...difficult to get your
luggage in and out of.

8. There was noisy banging in either the heating or plumbing pipes. I don't
know whether they were inside or outside, but there was noise.

9. The ice machine on my floor was repeatedly broken.

No, I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Guest565
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed for four nights, and overall the experience was good. The room is not huge, but was sufficient for two people. There is a nice sitting area with a couch and a gas fireplace. The bed is comfortable (although almost too hot--and we slept with the window open). The little kitchen nook with a sink, fridge and a granite counter served us well, as we don't care for hotel breakfast but ate fruit, yogurt, and protein powder (bought from the close by Whole Foods Market) for breakfasts. (The hotel-provided coffee was OK). The bathroom is spacious, and plenty of fresh towels and robes were provided.

Now a couple of negatives as a heads-up if you are planning to stay here. The tile floor in the bathroom was supposed to be heated, but it wasn't. When we asked about it, someone immediately came and pushed some buttons, but the floor never got warm. So bring slippers or wear socks.

I also recommend bringing earplugs--we were subjected to hearing rather noisy neighbors and their love-making in the next room (separated by a thin door with no treshold; these rooms apparently can be joined into a suite). Luckily, we only had such close neighbors only one night.

The free wifi was a little tricky with my iPhone for a couple of days (but worked fine with a laptop).

I will end with a few positives: there is a nice outdoor hot tub and a swimming pool, a steamroom, and a sauna. There is also a gym (which we never used, having skied hard every day). The staff was also very friendly and helpful in answering any questions we had.

So I recommend staying, but bring earplugs, warm socks, and perhaps flip flops if you will use the hot tub and the pool.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are good, but ask for one without an optional adjacent room (unless you will book that...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matter_of_fact_8
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed in a upgraded suite with fireplace and hot tub. The room was very spacious, big tub and walk-in shower with full kitchen and utensils. Really nice and quiet even though just off the elavators. The only downside was street traffic, big trucks plowing snow and after-hours partying at nightclub below. Highly recommend the use of ear plugs because everything else about the suites was awesome.

Convenient to shopping, grocery, restaurants and bar.

We would stay here again!

Room Tip: choose upper floors away from street noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jkerth
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had such an amazing experience at the Newpark Resort & Hotel! I have been to Park City several times, staying in various hotels. Newpark was my favorite and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Park City. I was impressed with the customer service which was always extremely responsive and helpful. My family is really demanding and this didn't seem to phase the staff. They were always pleasant, friendly and quick to address our every need. The location and amenities were perfect especially the hot tub. Our room was comfortable and home-y with plenty and space. There is so much to do in Newpark and it was really easy to get to the ski resorts.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Justin711121
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Newpark Resort & Hotel is a wonderful place for all to vacation and/or conduct business. Their customer service, hotel amenities and location can't be beat. I always highly recommend this hotel and have vacationed multiple times at this location. The hotel industry can be difficult but Newpark stands out due to their service delivery, competitive rates and strong management team.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were guests over Christmas and new New Years and had one of our worst experiences . We have stayed in this hotel numerous times over the years and it has always been a good experience . This time however was the worst . We had a deluxe suite with a room down our hall that was a lockout . The children staying in that room were extremely loud from 5:30 am and starting about 8pm . Screaming and yelling at each other most of the time . We complained to the front desk and the parents were called . Very little was resolved . Our family woke up every morning at 5:30am every morning to the yelling of this families children . I had asked in advance to make sure we did not have noisy neighbors . We would never buy a unit in this hotel due to the poor insulation of the doors and walls ! What a shame this happened . If you stay here you will have a good Chance that you might have loud neighbors .

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank herdegen
CarolineC-Manager, Front Office Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback on Newpark Resort. I am sorry that this is the experience you had with us being a return guest throughout the years. It sounds as though in the past you have had an overall good experience staying with us. With this being said, I would love to speak with you further about a resolution to this bad experience. I was unable to locate your name to contact you directly so I have included my contact information before. I hope that you will take the time to speak with me in the near future. Thank you!

Caroline Cahall