My husband and I ADORE this lovely boutique hotel. We've stayed twiceand absolutely love it. Here's why:
1. Super convenient to everything we could want - located right off I-80, in a complex that meets all of our staycation wants - Whole Food, boutique shopping, a wide assortment of eateries (some great, some okay, but all passable), close to day spas, Tanger Outlets, even a movie theater and big, modern bowling alley/family entertainment center, Olympic Park and just a short drive to downtown Park City,
2. Well appointed - from the grand lobby to the individual rooms, the property is well thought out. The lobby is beautiful, grand fireplaces, comfy and attractive seating. The rooms though, are the star. We have always opted for the suite which has a balcony with hot tub. Please note that the balcony with said tub is privately yours to use, but do not think that it is a private spot. It overlooks public space, and your neighbors in adjacent hotel rooms can see right over the 3/4 wall. If you're hoping for privacy in your hot tub, that's not an option. That being said, the kitchen is lovely - full-sized refrigerator, two-burner cooking space, sink, dishwasher, and convection microwave. We love to go to Whole Foods, stock up on fresh fruit and cold beverages, and stock our fridge with our favorite snacks. While they do not offer room service, Maxwell's Pizzeria (on property) does deliver. And honestly, there are so many places right in the shopping plaza, that room service is not an absolute must. The bedroom is unremarkable - a captain's bed, a closet, and a TV. Both times we stayed (at different ends of the hotel) our bedroom was overly warm, but that was easily handled by opening the window. The living room/kitchen area has a nice fireplace, which is soothing to cuddle up in front of after skiing, or even just right out of the hot tub. The bathroom is a highlight. Enormous sunken tub, separate shower, heated floor and a lovely haven from the outside world. The pool is indoor/outdoor which is fun in the snow. There is an outdoor hot tub by the pool, and there is a dry sauna to dry off in. Additionally, the rooms have a washer/dryer combo that is handy and convenient.
3. Variables - the staff is sometimes slammed up front, and since they only have front desk staff of 2-3, it can get backed up. The parking lot views are not all that attractive, but that's the price for all that convenience. As for dassus' comment about the heavy doors, they are heavy but they do have accessible buttons that will open the side doors for you. Additionally, Park City, being on a mountain, can be bone-chilling cold. I'd prefer doors that stay the chill. While I have never found the staff to be anything but bend-over-backwards accommodating, I can see how someone might get frustrated having to wait awhile to check in. In conversations with management, I've always found them to be gracious and anxious to exceed our expectations and wants. I would hope that more of the in-complex dining options would offer delivery, but I think that's more a function of staffing at the restaurants than a lack of willingness on the part of the hotel.
Lastly, they offer a 15% discount to repeat guests, and a 20% discount for active duty military. We always stay off-season and we find the rates to be very reasonable for what we're getting. In all honestly, the Newpark experience has ruined me for other local hotels. Nothing else holds a candle within the price point. Grand America used to be my go-to hotel, but now that I've stayed at Newpark, even the Grand (while lovely) isn't as appealing. Newpark is modern, fresh, and gives me an affordable yet elegant home away from home. For this NYC transplant, I can honestly say I could live there as if it were an apartment and be entirely content. All in all, it's a lovely place to stay and I can't wait to go back. My only regret is that there is nothing else like it...so when they're booked, there's nothing even close. I'd rather go nowhere than anywhere else locally.
Newpark, thanks for all you offer. Can't wait to visit soon.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Newpark Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newpark Hotel Park City
- Newpark Resort & Hotel Park City, Utah