“Great getaway!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fox Point at Redstone
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great getaway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2006

This property was great! Newer and in the perfect location, near everything. The only issue was that when we checked in the attendant wrote down the wrong number, we searched in the dark (9:30pm) for about an hour before actually using our own logic to piece together the actual number. Luckily there are three different numbers and letters involved we were able to figure out which one was wrong and our keys worked so we lucked out. The unit (2-bedroom and 2-bathrooms) was great with only some minor wear-down. The dishwasher was not installed correctly so it kept falling out of the counter when opened....but it worked so we really didn't care. We were backed against the mall which had music playing at different times (it's an outdoor mall) so I could see families getting upset about that, it didn't really bother us. Overall it was perfect with the garage and the mall being right there. The movie theater was right out our door and the resorts were all minutes drive from us. It was a great deal for the time we went and the condo worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed April 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2005

Had 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath condo. Very good location to get to ski areas. Unit was brand new and in great shape. You do not have good views but the price is very good. Units that back up to the Redstone shopping village could be noisy. Our family would recommend this place and would stay here again. One downside is no pool or hot tub on the property.

• Stayed December 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank thptrek
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2005

Our family of 5 stayed in the 2 bedroom/2.5 bath deluxe townhome in the Fox Point complex for a week in November. The townhome was immaculate and convenient to shopping, dining, and the Sundance movie theater within the Redstone Center. We rented the home from a private party which we located online. The decor was classy and was topped off by the fully furnished kitchen and linens in all bathrooms. We checked in with All Seasons and experienced no difficulties. We have already booked another trip for February!

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank cott0035
Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2005

We stayed at Fox Pointe the first weekend of October -- my fiance and I and my two teenagers. Can't say enough nice things about our condo! We got the three bedroom townhouse style "deluxe." There was a king size bed in the master suite, a bedroom with a full size bed and a bedroom with two twins. The living room had a hide-a-bed which was an air bed, very comfortable. I could see four couples staying in this place for a ski trip with no problems. My fiance loved the kitchen, I loved the view, and the kids loved the fact that they could walk to the Redstone Village and go to the movies if things got boring around the old folks. :)

These are privately owned condos, so decor and amenities will vary. Ours was well stocked with hotel type soaps and shampoo, but you might want to bring your own if you are particular. I believe the towels were provided by the management company. There was a one-load box of detergent for the washer, so if you want to do more laundry, you'll need to provide your own. Smith's supermarket is within a half mile or so, and you can pick up anything you might need there. If you like a pastry for breakfast, Wild Oats natural foods market has a GREAT bakery. The kids and I walked over one morning and got wonderful Danish. There are some interesting shops and restaurants in the Redstone complex.

We had to move from the first condo we were assigned because we found that the gas was turned off, and the maintenence man was gone for the day. So before you get settled in, check the utilities! I wasn't unhappy, however, because the second condo we were assigned was adjacent to the Swaner wetlands preserve and the view was outstanding. There is a walking/bike path around the preserve.

You do have to check in at the management office, which is in the Crestview complex adjacent to the outlet mall, a mile or so from Fox Pointe. The people behind the desk were very friendly and helpful with our various small glitches (nonworking key and nonworking gas!) I would recommend that you get there during office hours if at all possible in case there is a problem.

These condos are not in Park City itself, but at the Kimball Junction, just off the freeway. There is a shuttle which goes to the resorts, Olympic Park, outlet mall, and other points of interest.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2005
11 Thank IdahoPug
Salt Lake City, UT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2005

I just wanted to treat myself to a relaxing weekend away from the city. I thought that since I had had good experiences renting townhomes/condos in other places I would try Fox Pointe and booked a deluxe town home online. Very bad idea! First of all, there was no way to reach a live person to verify the reservation or seek directions. Due to construction on the highway to Park City, I got in after dark and was instructed by recording to go to another complex, Powderwood, several miles away. No live person there either, but found an outdoor keybox. It had a phone number on it that gave a standard code to open the box which contained envelopes with various names on them. This seems a huge security risk. Anyone could walk up and call the number on the box and have access to any number of units. The key card said that the unit number was not printed on it for security reasons but then the unit number and building were written on the outside of each card holder and a page mapping the directions was inside. It took me over an hour to find the unit in the dark, by the time I found it I was exhausted. I walked in to find--not a deluxe townhome as in the pictures--but a private family's vacation condo that they were renting out. I have rented a privately owned condo before but I knew it at the outset and it was set up tastefully & neutrally like a hotel. I'm sure it is a nice, comfortable home for the owners but for me was like staying in a strangers house with their belongings (including a 6 foot giraffe)--which was not what I had in mind and was not mentioned in the description. The last straw was the absence of any window coverings in the main level combo livingroom/kitchen sliding door and no privacy with a party in full swing a couple of condos down. After the second person walked by the patio and waved I decided not to unpack and by midnight had found one of the last rooms available at the Holiday Inn Express. I am still trying to get my money back. My advice: make sure you know that you are renting someone's home if you are dealing with any of the "All Seasons Resorts" in Park City, Utah. Also, if you own one of these units, be aware that a key to your property is left in a common key box with a standard code anyone can access, just in case your giraffe collectibles are one of a kind.

• Stayed August 2005

#34 of 68 in Park City
PowderWood
PowderWood
#41 of 68 in Park City

Been to Fox Point at Redstone? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fox Point at Redstone

Property: Fox Point at Redstone
Address: 5949 Market St, Park City, UT 84098-7924
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites
Ranked #37 of 68 Specialty Lodging in Park City
Hotel Class:3 star — Fox Point at Redstone 3*

Located just off the Kimball Junction exit, Fox Point is just steps away from the shops and restaurants of Redstone Village, one of the area's newest and quaint retail centers.

Here, guests can choose from 2- and 3-bedroom condominiums and townhomes with fully-furnished kitchens, private garages, jetted tubs, and 9-feet ceilings that hang over spacious floorplans and tasteful decor. Townhomes are host to the same features found in the condos, but are dual level with small private patios.

Guests also enjoy our close proximity to the well-known Tanger Outlet Shopping Center and the popular Canyons Resort. Those choosing to adventure a bit further down the road will find Park City Mountain Resort and the famous boutiques, restaurants, galleries, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street just a short six miles away - with Deer Valley's world-class offerings being just a few miles further.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fox Point at Redstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fox Point At Redstone Hotel Park City