While I was never able to stay at Snowblaze, I sure did try. To this day, I still don't know why the guy who owns most of the units there--Jim (--) of Parkcityrentals.info--showed so little interest in me. When I first inquired, Jim wrote back immediately saying that he thought Snowblaze would be perfect for my groups 5 night stay. I checked the place out on his website, and he was right! It was perfect for us--the prices were right, etc. So emailed Jim back asking him to let me know what the total cost would be for the units I wanted. This is when things got weird.
Long story short, Jim promised and promised to let me know. I continued to follow up via email and phone messages many times. I wanted to stay there! I had a deposit ready to go! The few times I got Jim on the phone, he said he was traveling but to give him a day or two and he'd let me know. Three weeks later, I finally heard from him and was really surprised by what he sent me. The price had suddenly doubled (his prices are clearly posted on the website). I wrote back and said I hope there's been some kind of mistake. Mind you, I'd be kept hanging for THREE WEEKS. Jim writes back and says, oh, well there's a minimum 7 night stay, so I'll have to see what I can do for you. I was pretty upset by this as my initial email to him said I wanted to rent for 5 days. The funny thing is, even if I did pay for 7 days, the price he quoted me was still several thousand dollars higher that what was posted on his website. I told him I'd appreciate it if he did the right thing and honored the price that he posted. Guess what? I was left hanging in the wind for nearly another week. I called, I emailed. No response from Jim.
At this point, it became painfully obvious that, as much as I wanted to stay at Snowblaze, I could not trust this guy with my group's money. If this is how he treated someone wanting to make a deposit, how does he treat people who already have??
I realize some of the reviews on this site speak of Jim very favorably, which makes it even harder to understand why he just totally blew me off. I basically wasted a month of my time waiting for this guy. I just don't understand it. I normally don't write reviews, but this experience was so bizzare that I thought I should warn others. BE CAREFUL. The advertised price apparently doesn't apply, and, if you want to know why, don't expect an answer from Jim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Snowblaze Lodge is located in Park City's Historic Old Town and only 1-2 minute walk to four chair lifts at Park City Mountain Resort. 28 luxury condo's with a private heated pool, large jacuzzi, fire pit, fitness center, private garage, and nice lobby. Summer and winter are great times to visit Park City ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Snowblaze Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snowblaze Condominiums Hotel Park City
- Snowblaze Condominiums Park City, Utah