We stayed for 2 weeks in apartment 202, the website makes it sound like a completely renovated luxury apartment, however this is far from the truth.
The bathrooms are renovated and nice and the wood/tile flooring is great, however that is where the renovations stopped.
The main bedroom has only a small double bed, not nearly big enough for 2 adults and there is no window in the main bedroom. The only wardrobe was filled with vacuum cleaners, mops and other cleaning products, despite there being other "locked" cupboards.
The 2nd bedroom's heater did not work and the ceiling in the wardrobe was broken resulting in a strong draft through that room making it quite cold at night. This wardrobe was also filled with boxes of "things", making it difficult to use.
The website makes it sound like there is a washing machine and dryer in the apartment. Actually, it is downstairs in the laundry room and cost $2.00 and $1.75 for dryer.
The door to the tiny balcony is an original 1970's sliding door that lets in all the cold air and has a very cheap curtain that is too short to cover the old and chipped door that should've been thrown out 20 years ago.
The website also states that enough firewood will be supplied for the duration of your stay, when we arrived there was 2 small bundles of firewood, so when we ran out we called the Real Estate and was told by Jim, to buy our own, when we informed him we did not have a car he told us to catch the public bus to go and buy firewood! However when we called back to speak to someone else in the Real Estate agent we came across a very helpful man called Doug who helped us out.
The location of the apartment is quite good, close to the Park City Mountain Resort and close to the free local bus.
The website also states that there is an oversized hot tub, however the hot tub probably fits 5 adults at a squeeze, the site also mentions that the pool is heated, however the ice floating in it, suggesting that perhaps it isn't.
Also, we had power outages due to a fuse tripping regularly and both toilets simultaneously blocked leaving us 'hanging on' for nearly a day.
Doug fixed up our firewood and toilet situation but the other issues were totally ignored when we emailed to bring them to the agent's attention.
When you stay for 2 weeks, you would expect that once during your stay the towels and sheets would be changed? Considering we paid $4800 to stay at this "luxury apartment" that would of been a nice touch.
Based on other trip advisor comments and the fact that my email to the agent during my stay was totally ignored, I don't expect much of a response on this site from Jim, but all we can say is know what to expect if you book this apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Snowblaze Lodge is located in Park City's Historic Old Town and only 1-2 minute walk to four chair lifts at Park City Mountain Resort. 28 luxury condo's with a private heated pool, large jacuzzi, fire pit, fitness center, private garage, and nice lobby. Summer and winter are great times to visit Park City ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Snowblaze Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snowblaze Condominiums Hotel Park City
- Snowblaze Condominiums Park City, Utah