“One of the Best!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2006

After walking down Main street reviewing the posted menus of various restaurants we chose Purple Sage. What a great decision! Spinach salad with baked brie, almonds, and wine poached pear slices was worth the price. Molasses marinated pork tenderloin with an assortment of perfectly cooked vegetables was the best I have ever tasted. BBQ duck layered on a tamale cake was a fine appetizer. The butternut squash ravioli (handmade) with it's apple, onion, and pine nuts marinade was a pasta dish to come back for all by itself. Service was attentive, prices were inline for a resort restaurant, and the food was absolutely gourmet quality. They also have hot bread and incredible little cornbread muffins with corn, jalapenos, and cherries! We skipped the desserts, they were quite pricey and we were full from the meal. The Park City paper also has 2 for 1 coupons this time of year for many high end, dinner only restaurants, and that just added to the value, but we will go back even without the coupons.

4  Thank shadow1pr

Reviewed March 28, 2006

Just returned from an excellent meal at Purple Sage. Beautiful restaurant with nice upscale booths. Our server was attentive and brought our drinks promptly. Excellent first course included warm spinach salad and tasty homemade potato chips with warm blue cheese.

Main courses at our table included a Utah trout and a glazed pork. All the food was well prepared and nicely presented with well prepared vegetables including sweet potato, spaghetti squash, snap peas, etc.

I mentioned to the waiter that I'd be splitting the entree and salad and they did a nice job of serving split meals that looked great without any split charge.

Meal was capped with a flan and cappucino.

This meal contrasted with a mediocre meal and inattentive service a couple nights prior at the highly (over) rated Grappa up the street.

1  Thank travelingfoolDC
Reviewed March 28, 2006

Fantastic food, so much so my wife & I came back the following night. (Mar '06) Easily missed when walking by.

1  Thank JRL12
Reviewed August 1, 2005

I ate at the Purple Sage in the summer of 2005. I had a vegetarian entree and my husband had ribs and they were both quite tasty. Service was attentive but not overbearing. It is a nice small restaurant for a quiet dinner. I thought the food here was better than that at some of the other more highly touted restaurants in Park City. They have various specials in the summer time (e.g. 2 for 1 coupons, special 3 course dinner etc) that are worth looking into.

6  Thank PNWtraveler1