“Good but could have been great” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Purple Sage

Purple Sage
Ranked #40 of 265 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Columbus, Ohio
“Good but could have been great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice casual restaurant on Main Street in Park City. Good drink selection, wine and beer menus. Excellent Guacamole. Try the tequila sage crush is a truly unique cocktail and worth trying. Pear and arugula salad is very crisp and fresh. Overall the meal presentation was very good and flavorful, especially the vegetables and mashed potatoes which were outstanding. I had the pork tenderloin with house BBQ sauce. I would say the tenderloin was a bit overdone, but more importantly the BBQ sauce, while good, was too strong for the pork - it was so strong it covered up the flavor of the tenderloin. I would ask for it on the side or a drizzle instead of a "dollop." My wife had the same experience - her veggies and sides were outstanding. She ordered the special and got the halibut - the sauce was so strong that it covered the flavor of the fish. We walked away thinking that the restaurant was really good - and on the verge of being great - but they almost try to do too much and should try to simplify the sauce prep on the proteins.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bisulfite

Houston, Texas
“Tasty Delights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We arrived with a big appetite after hiking and left completely satisfied! The beverages were excellent! I had a virgin mojito and everyone else had some of the other excellent choices! The menu had a wide variety of choices and preparations! Prices were reasonable and I think you should try it!

Visited July 2013
Austin
“Outstanding food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My two friends and I traveled to Park City in early June. We lucked out to be there right before summer season started. We made a reservation at Purple Sage. Restaurant was a bit too warm. Unfortunately, all the outdoor tables were taken. The food was fabulous but the atmosphere was lacking. Much preferred Chimayo!

• Visited June 2013
Pascagoula
“Nice place, not crazy with our server.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The food is great, don't get me wrong because we enjoyed our food very much. Our server was very aggressive and kept finishing our sentences. He wouldn't allow us to complete our order without telling, not suggesting, how we should eat or drink. We brushed it off at first but by the time our food arrived, it became obnoxious. We could overhear other servers who seemed wonderful so I know there's ALOT of great service here. We just had one who almost ruined the whole experience.

• Visited June 2013
Draper, Utah
“Very nice dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the meatloaf and it was excellent. The little muffins were very good also. I would definitely visit again.

• Visited July 2012