“Alpine Slide: It's all fun and games until someone loses an earlobe” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park City Utah Summer Attractions

Park City Utah Summer Attractions
Ranked #17 of 86 things to do in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Alpine Slide: It's all fun and games until someone loses an earlobe”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

OK, maybe that's an exaggeration. I didn't lose my ear lobe, the ER doctor was able to put it back together. I just thought I'd lost it. I was coming down the alpine slide with my four year old. I shifted my weight because my foot was slipping off and the sled flipped over. I came down the concrete, my earring ripped up out the top of my ear. I was able to toss my four year old over the side and he just had a few scrapes and was scared crapless. People stopped to ask if we needed help but I told them just to go on. We got back on our bloody sled and made it to the bottom where the EMT's were waiting. They humored us with stories of all the other injuries that week, head injuries, broken femurs. Nice! My nieces all tell me they've been down the slide hundreds of times and never got hurt. Guess, I'm just clumsy as our many others. If you are going to do the slide, DON'T wear earrings, wear long pants, long sleeves and a helmet wouldn't be a bad idea. Live and learn. After the ER bill it ended up being an expensive play date. I didn't give it a terrible because as I said it was all fun and games until....well until I ended up in the ER.

Visited September 2012