“Best meal yet in Park City”
Review of Cortona

Cortona
Ranked #76 of 277 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cortona was created to bring authentic Italian flavors to Park City. While serving Italian coffee, grilled Panini and artisan gelato during lunch, the kitchen is busy preparing fresh homemade pasta with flour imported from Italy. Dinner is from 5pm-8:30pm when rustic Italian pasta dishes are served.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We saw this one on Yelp and decided to give it a try. I was a little leery when we walked in and seemed like a quick order a sandwich at the counter deal with just a few tables. Nothing fancy but it was outstanding pasta. All homemade even the deserts. It was by far the best meal we had in Park City yet. There were 4 of us and all had a different meal - all loved it. Great service and very friendly. Well worth a stop for dinner. The sandwiches looked good for lunch too.

1  Thank Diane w

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We ordered carryout for two from the dinner pasta menu. They say they make their pasta on site every day. We got pesto rigatoni and fettuccine with a (large) meatball. The rigatoni were al dente and actually very stiff, but the pesto sauce was good. The fettuccine and the meatball were both quite good. I'd consider going back except that the dishes are all quite pricy for the serving size. One thing to note is that the website's menu isn't necessarily up to date; when we called there were a couple of dishes that were no longer being offered, and a new dish available.

David S, Owner at Cortona, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thanks for your review. We are a small mom and pop café and we do make fresh pasta everyday. Since our kitchen is very small we serve only a few different dishes and we try to change those dishes frequently. There may be a day delay between changing a dish and changing the PDF on our website.
Our pasta range is $12.85 to 14.91. Making fresh pasta each day is much more labor intense than pulling it out of a box ( which is why finding places that go to this trouble may be difficult to find). Note to readers: Fresh pasta, as in Italy, will always be al dente and the thicker the noodle the more al dente it will seem. Rigatoni is a thinker tubular pasta that will have a denser meatier texture which is highly requested by many over the fettuccine

Reviewed October 31, 2013

No pizza buy that's alright because Sandwiches and ice cream are great i want to go back for the big dinner great place to just sit, relax, eat, chill, and visit

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for a quick lunch. Their panini were great. The staff was also very helpful. My wife had a question about their tuna salad panini and they brought her a sample to try to make sure it was something she wanted. The deserts were also awesome. Great gelato and a fantastic carrot cake. Definitely recommended.

1  Thank BenSanborn
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This establishment is in a large series of strip malls. I should have just walked out, but I didn't. It was 5:30 on a Saturday and the place was empty, and yet the employee asked if I had a reservation. Then she proceeded to tell me that we could not sit at a table unless we ordered pasta (which is only served at dinner time)--since I thought I wanted pasta, I figured it would be fine...but they still directed us to sit at the bar. I observed 2 employees and what may have been an owner (although he never greeted us, he did however serve wine to a group that came in after us) and they seemed interested in something other than us. Seriously pretentious--who needs reservations in a strip mall joint labeled as a cafe? Again, my own fault...should have just walked away.

We each ordered pasta and added on a salad and bread (nothing is included here, all ala carte). The service was extremely slow. I wasn't impressed with the bread or the dipping sauce--although it is a restaurant in a strip mall, so serving packaged bread and Costco oil/vinegar should be fine...just not the fancy restaurant attitude that came with it.

I will say that when our pasta finally did arrive, it was very good. It was handmade noodles and great red sauce and a giant meatball, however, what I observed one of the servers do made me cringe and I will never return.

I watched the server bring out two plates of pasta to a table of 3 people behind me. The server stood at the kitchen door (also right next to me...its a small space) and asked the cook if the 3rd plate of pasta would be up next, which was when the server realized she had delivered the orders to the wrong table. She went back to the group of 3 and asked if they had touched the food. The adult said no, but I didn't hear what the child said. At any rate, the server took both plates, walked back to the kitchen for about 5 seconds and then returned to the front of the restaurant and handed what appeared to be the exact same plates to the table at the front of the restaurant who had 2 adults who had ordered pasta. Uh, once you've delivered the food to the table, you cannot serve it again--doesn't matter if someone says they didn't touch it.

Our dinner of 2 pastas ended up at about $40--and it was not worth that. Its a strip mall joint between Subway and a beauty shop. Give it a pass.

David S, Owner at Cortona, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

In Park City most restaurants and cafés are located in strip mall unless they are on Main Street or in a resort hotel. Having only 5 tables and 7 bar seats our tables are usually reserved in advanced for dinner. Cortona makes all of it pasta fresh each day and makes all items such as the salad dressing on premises using all fresh ingredients. The bread is one of the few items not made in house and comes in fresh daily from a local bakery in Salt Lake City.
Since we have a small kitchen and only offer four different pasta dishes each night most likely you will see the same dishes come out of the kitchen.
Saturday Nights in the winter and summer season are reserved for our 3 course pre-set menu only.
We cook for everyone as if you were coming to our house for dinner. please call and ask "what's for dinner?"