“Good food, great service”

Bangkok Thai On Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Bangkok Thai On Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Public Transit Stop is nearby on Swede Alley.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Bangkok Thai is a bit expensive but you can get a coupon for buy one dinner entree get one free if you are willing to eat early (b/t 5 and 6). Staff are exceptionally helpful with recommendations for local skiing/snowboarding, other restaurants, etc. The food is good, and they spice it exactly as ordered.

There are newer reviews for Bangkok Thai On Main

Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you have under 21 folks in your party, you can not order/go in bar area. Service and food are ok. Ask for spice tray and water when you can get it. Food a bit bland for Thai.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Bankok Thai was one of the few places we could make last minute reservations to for Christmas dinner. The restaurant was very busy on our arrival, but our table was ready. They have the most amazing wine selection. Almost anything you could possible want. The menu has a wide variety of dishes, something for everyone in the family. Everyone one enjoyed their dinner. I had the sea bass which was sweet but very good. The service was good but a little slow since I think they were very busy with large groups.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I love Thai food and thought this place looked really nice. I noticed before we visited that they had mango lobster spring roll (which are my three favorite food items rolled into one - pun intended.) Unfortunately, they used the worst mango (not the typical sweet or even unripe sour taste, just crispy and almost harsh tasting) they could find and some very flavorless lobster. The only thing I could really taste was the basil.

Then my wife and I shared the Gang Phed Ped - duck curry dish. The duck was extremely fatty and had very little flavor. On top of that, the rice is separate (which we did not know until we saw the bill, the server just asked what kind of rice we wanted, which ended up costing use an additional $4 for dry rice.) Forcing patrons to purchase rice separte from a curry dish is unbelievable. Raise the price of the dish so that rice is included.

Bottom line, we will continue to enjoy Thai food, just not from here.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

If you like Thai food already, you will recognize the flavors and menu as standard. If you are new to Thai, this will be a wonderful experience! The Pad Thai had a strong sweet citrus flavor that my wife loved and I had what turned out to be cashew chicken. Yep, just like in a Chinese restaurant, but for $10 more! (It was my fault for ordering it.) It was very good, but again, I could have eaten that at Panda Express for $7. I should have ordered the curry.
For a basement, they have done a good job with atmosphere. The wood-work is really nice inside and the lighting was perfect. Our waiter was very nice and I should have taken his suggestion on the food! We also found a 2for1 coupon at a nearby visitor's center and there was no snobbery about taking it.