“Just OK, you could do better in PC”

Bangkok Thai On Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Bangkok Thai On Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Public Transit Stop is nearby on Swede Alley.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As a frequent visitor to Thailand, and Asia in general, I was surprised to read reviews claiming the food here as "close to real Thai". It's ok, but it's not great.

I was also surprised to read a few reviews regarding bad service; our service was impressive. I guess the word here then, might be "inconsistent".

We started with a lobster and mango roll (decent) and a crab and apple roll (meh ... didn't care for the mayonnaise). There were two pieces each (small orders) which was easy to cut into 4 pieces for the table (we wanted to try a few dishes, so we did not order the large portions). We did order a large portion of the Thai dumplings, which came as 4 large steamed dumplings. They were very good but the best appetizer by far was the larb gai. It was a larger portion than I expected, easily fed 4, and was fresh and aromatic. Great way to start a meal.

The Thai Pad was disappointing, much too sweet. Many people will judge a Thai restaurant by its Pad Thai, and this was disappointing. The Thai moo yang, a barbecue pork dish was very flavorful but unfortunately, the pork was overdone, not much overdone but when pork is overcooked by a bit it gets dried and tough. This dish was average, some people will like it, some will be disappointed. The spicy mint beef was indeed spicy, which was good. The flavors came through and the meat was tender. This was the best dish of the meal.

The restaurant is nicely decorated and comfortable and service was, as mentioned, wonderful.
Based on the mixed reviews I'd give this another chance; the food was not bad, just average but it might just have been the night.

1  Thank Prince_of_Peas

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently went to this restaurant with a friend because we had a Groupon deal, and we both found the food and service to be excellent! We had the lobster mango spring rolls for an appetizer, and they were absolutely delicious. If you are a lobster lover, then this is a must! Then we had one of their two soup choices (I think it was called Kim Cha?), and it was also really flavorful. For our entree we shared a chicken & shrimp Pad Thai dish, and it was fabulous and very filling. It would have been too large for one person to eat, so splitting it was the right thing to do.
The only down side to this restaurant is that it does not have a "view" as it is located below main street. There are windows to let light in, but they are up high. It does have a bit of a basement feel, but the food is so good that it really doesn't matter.
The other thing to point out is that it is a little on the pricey side for Thai food. It helped that we had a Groupon, so it made the dinner tab more affordable.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

As a person that likes Thai a lot, I have mixed feelings about this establishment.

First, the food was excellent. Not the best Thai I have had, but it is definitely well above average. However, despite the quality, I find the prices to be fairly high.

If the prices were more in line with the type of cuisine, I would not hesitate suggesting this place. However, I haven't been to a Thai restaurant with pricing in this range before. (Even in larger cities where prices are normally higher than average.)

If you're in the mood for Thai, this could be your place, if you're willing to pay their prices.

Shasrev, Manager at Bangkok Thai On Main, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Tanker T and future guests,

Thank you for your well written review, I am happy that you enjoyed the quality of our chef's cuisine. I am slightly saddened that is wasn't the best thai you've ever had, but we will continue to work on it, and hopefully be on top upon your next viisit. Park City is a resort town and as such rent and other factors do raise prices slighly, With your next visit i reccomend that you visit our website before dining with us as there are many off season deals to be taken advantage of to reduce the price a tad.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Bangkok Thai on Main - Outstanding Choice!! When I note the flaming banana review below, I think that more than the banana was flaming!!! My experience was far, far different. I've been to Thailand and to Bangkok and this cuisine is closest I have come to genuine Thai. I had the Pad Thai Noodle dish and my wife the Panang Curry with Rice. Superb. The New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was an excellent accompaniment. We closed with Coconut Ice Cream garnished with sliced strawberries and kiwi. Wow. The star of the top-notch service was "Chaang" - from Thailand, a great conversationalist - the guy was fantastic. If you're in Park City and you like Thai, don't miss visiting the 'Bangkok Thai on Main'!!

1  Thank SonderOffizier

SonderOffizier and future guests,

Thank you for your review, our chefs are indeed Thai so our food should indeed be genuine Thai cuisine. I will pass on your compliments to both the chefs and the server, and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I didn't know I loved Thai food this much! If you've had Thai food before and liked it, you have to try Bangkok Thai on Main in Park City. I took my family there for my birthday dinner and they all loved it (even my 8 year old daughter who is very picky). We ordered 5 different dishes family style so that everyone could try some of everything. Get any of the Red Curry dishes and of course, you have to get the Pad Thai too-delicious!!!! Will always return for a perfect meal!

Darren P and future guests,

It's always great to start those picky kids off with the wonders of Thai cuisine. It was a pleasure to serve you and your family, and we look forward to your next visit with us