“YUM”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 9th and 7th Street
Transit: Free shuttle bus and bust stop just a few steps away.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

So on our first day in town while having tea at Atticus (highly recommended) we saw this place, which is only open for dinner while we were there. The wife, kids and I went for dinner and loved it. The sushi is simple and very good, fish is flown in fresh from LA and elsewhere and the atmosphere is cozy and perhaps a bit noisy. The service was good, young Brazilians mostly, and we must recommend the Salmon Yakitori in addition to the Dragon roll. Get the salmon plain vice sauce. They were running a 50% off on all sushi rolls as well.

Enjoy!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We looked around at a few sushi places and wasn't sure where to go. We decided on the flying sumo and it was so good. We got the tropic thunder sushi and teriyaki bowl and it did not disappoint. Good prices. Yummy food. Great service. No waiting. Fun atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped in for a couple rolls yesterday and were sat at the Sushi bar . While being seated , the hostess continued her conversation with other staff. Once seated , directly in front of the Chef , no less , we were ignored for a good 15 minutes , no drink order , no app order , no acknowledgement of us being there. Discussed leaving within earshot of staff , still nothing , got up and left with no acknowledgement still .
By the way , there were 2 other customers at the sushi bar and maybe 10 others in the rest of the place .
Oh , the water was great.
Also , I had to give a one rating because I don't have the option of giving a zero rating

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Dropped into The Flying Sumo for dinner on a trip to Park City. I unwittingly visited during the Mud Season which was generally a bummer, but benefited from 2:1 deals all over town. Overall the sushi was decent, and after the 2:1 was only slightly more expensive than I would have expected (which is pretty good for Park City). Spicy Dragon Roll was good. Fried Salmon Skin Roll was recommend by the waitress, and basically tasted like... Fried Salmon Skin. Still, not a bad place.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Average or below sushi. Fried is their forte! Snarky wait staff. If you are 20 and want to get loaded it will work out fine.