“The Locals Know What's Good”
Review of Windy Ridge Cafe

Windy Ridge Cafe
Ranked #45 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Windy Ridge Cafe is a wonderfully convenient alternative to the Main Street dining scene. Fresh ingredients, homemade soups and fast service define this wonderful eatery. Rustic wood furniture adds to the warmth of Windy Ridge. At lunch, locals go nuts for the Turkey Swiss Avocado Sandwich as well as the Classic Reuben Sandwich. After an exhilarating day of winter sports, or people watching on Main Street, relax in an unpretentious setting for dinner. Enjoy specials like Utah Red Trout that is crusted with almonds and herbs or Traditional Meatloaf, smothered with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This "cafe" is off the main drag, so you might not know it's there. We didn't until we were driving around and happened to find it.
Wow! The service was top rate, our water never ran dry, the staff was always around to see if we needed anything, and the food was delicious. I had chicken noodle soup and salad, and that was enough....I usually eat more than that. Hubby had a roast beef sandwich that he kept umming and yumming over as he licked his lips. Every bit of it was fresh, fresh, fresh, and almost all of the tables were filled with locals. If you travel, you know to find out where the locals eat, and this is it....and who could blame them! The herbs are growing right outside the door, and they use them. We will come back and recommend to family, who comes more than we do!

Bill W, Owner at Windy Ridge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thanks for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you loved Windy Ridge Cafe. As a thank you for your loyalty, we would love to offer you a complimentary dining experience! Please contact allison@billwhiteenterprises.com to arrange for this. We hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Last time we were treated as if we did them a favor by coming in. This time service was non-existent. Many were waiting a long time for food. We asked for a glass of Prosecco and were told it only comes in bottles. When the server returned with our now-ordered beer, we drew attention to back of the menu that lists several sparkling white wines available. We were told that they changed the menu without letting them know. Really? That's funny because we've eaten here for years and the entrees are still all the same. And I'm sure so many restaurants secretly change the menus to keep the waitstaff in the dark. Bill White may want to stop opening so many restaurants and focus on solidifying the ones he already owns. Although a local fave for a long time, we won't be in a rush to head back.

1  Thank Moki75
Bill W, Owner at Windy Ridge Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you for your review and for voicing your concerns with us. We appreciate all comments as they allow us to improve whatever areas we may be lacking. I will address the problems you had with your service immediately with our wait staff. Please contact allison@billwhiteenterprises.com to discuss any further concerns. I would like to invite you back in to try us again for a dining experience that will exceed your expectations. Thank you!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My son and I were in town for a college tour. He had just finished skating at the local skatepark and we were looking for something not too fancy and quick and reasonable. I picked this place based on the tripadvisor reviews and it was terrific. The host and waitress were both terrific, very friendly, and my son declared the burger "one of the best I've had in a long time." The burger was a little pricey, but seemed worth it. I had a grilled chicken panini and with a side of sauteed veggies. I kept saying "I don't know what they did to this broccoli but it's delicious! (as was the panini)"

We are so glad you stopped by to try us out! Thanks for the great review. We are happy you both loved your meals, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town! Thanks again!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I eat here often, as it's off the tourist / main street attractions AND the food is delicious. We share plates , usually a sandwich and salad. The corn chowder and the mushroom soup is good enough to get some from their take out store just across the parking lot. We enjoy their selection of really good cookies too ! Wait staff is friendly and the food comes out promptly and fresh.

Thank you for your review! We are thankful you took the time to leave us such wonderful comments. As a thank you for your continued loyalty, we'd love to provide a complimentary dining experience for you next time you visit. Please contact allison@billwhiteenterprises.com to arrange!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Off the beaten path but great service - variety on the menu from choice of appy - homemade soup - light lunches/dinners - full entrees. Good bar and bartender. Worth looking for this place....enjoy every morsel.