“Not that impressed....”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Based on all of the great reviews, my husband, son and I ate at El Chubasco today and were really disappointed. The food was really plain and bland. The shredded beef tacos had long strings of unseasoned beef placed in a soft corn tortilla with a little bit of garnish on the top. The carnitas were tender, but again had no real flavor. Our bill came to $27 for 2 tacos rice/beans, carnitas rice/beans, plain cheese quesadilla, 2 sodas and a side of guacamole (about $4.50 I think for a small cup & not that great either). Pricey for average mexican food. We won't go back.

Reviewed May 6, 2009

I've been to El Chubasco several times and they have the best Mexican food. I live in Salt Lake, but I drive up sometimes just to have lunch or and early dinner. The food is always excellent, the service is friendly and quick. I love the mole and the burritos. The food is very reasonably priced, especially for Park City. The restaurant is a little noisy and crowded, but that adds to the atmosphere. I love all the choices at the salsa bar.

Reviewed April 13, 2009

The real deal for Mexican Food in Park City. Skip the tourist traps and find this little gem in the Prospector Square. Truly good food.

Reviewed March 6, 2009

The Mexican food was terrific at this local restaurant. It is a very casual establishment. The style is a step up from fast food similar to a deli or pizzeria, but don't let that bother you. The food is great and it is terrific for a family.

Reviewed February 17, 2009

Short and (mostly) sweet....Great food. Small location. You have to order at the register, jockey for a seat, (good luck at dinner time... sorta like "Musical Chairs") and then try not to feel rushed. President's Day weekend might have been part of the problem... We really enjoyed the food, but a cafeteria atmosphere. Again, I repeat, really good food and a great sauce/pico de gallo bar. I loved the Chipotle sauce!