“B Team for Christmas?”

Goldener Hirsch Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Goldener Hirsch Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 277 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marsac Avenue
Transit: Bus
Description: ecipient of the AAA-Four Diamond Award and the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, the Goldener Hirsch Restaurant offers exquisite contemporary Alpine cuisine with a seasonal American spin. Enjoy unique appetizers including the ever-popular cheese fondue, seasonal soups and salads, creative entrées including the classic Wiener schnitzel, seared meats and fresh fish.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Goldener Hirsch reservations were a little hard to come by for Christmas. I kept checking Open Table and they weren't accepting reservations that far out. When the day came they were accepting reservations for Christmas dinner, some of the time slots were already gone. So I was certain I had snagged a great reservation.
We arrived a few minutes early. The bar and the restaurant were quiet. We were seated immediately near a fireplace. The dining room was attractive.
We opted for cocktails. The waitress asked several times if we would like to order appetizers. No, we wanted to finish our cocktails and chat with each other.
We ordered a nice bottle of wine. The manager complimented us on our selection. And then we ordered the cheese fondue appetizer. Both were delicious. The waitress asked if we wanted to order our dinner at least twice more. It made me feel rushed... even though the dining room still remained half empty.
The dinner was nice. But nice was as good as it got. It was nice but not inspiring. My son's steak was good, but not great. I love Utah trout, but, again, it was just okay. The flavors were not award winning. My husband had the lamb shank and it was cold. Nice flavor, but it was below room temperature. They could have re-cooked the lamb and we would have asked them to do so had it been any day except Christmas. We didn't want to complain on Christmas day.
Perhaps had the prices not been so high, my expectations would not have been either.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Years ago my husband and I travelled to Austria and we stayed at the Goldener Hirsch in Salsburg. What a lovely surprise to see the familiar Goldener Hirsch sign in Deer valley, Utah! The ambiance and food met all our expectations. Our experience in Salsburg had been memorable and I was afraid it wouldn't live up to what we remembered. No fear...it was a lovely dinner in a lovely European atmosphere!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great summer specials, comfy rooms and a nice base of operations for day trips all over the area. Great hiking! Also, good resturant (though a bit spendy).

1  Thank Iansays
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I ate here during our anniversary stay to the Goldener Hirsch Inn.

We were seated in the back portion of the restaurant in the more "romantic" part. We were seated very close to the fireplace which made it that much better.

I had the halibut and my wife had the steak and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The halibut was crusted with delicious spices and the steak had a sauce on it that was very good.

We did have the asparagus appetizer and when we got it we were a little disappointed and it left a lot to be desired.

We will definitely eat here again as it was a nice place for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a special dining experience due to the excellent food and ambiance of a delightful Austrian dining room. The asparagus vichyoisse was unusual, full of flavor & extremely good. The halibut was perfectly cooked & beautifully presented with just the right accompaniments that did not overpower this delicate fish. The Wiener Schnitzel was the best we've had in the USA with spaetzel & red cabbage accompaniments. Portions were enough that we had no room for dessert but were tempted by the apple struedel & blood orange tartlett. We will have to return to taste these along with other excellent items on the menu.They also have specials for happy hour.

1  Thank B R