“Late delivery, excuses and cold, mediocre pizza at best.”

Park City Pizza Company
Ranked #174 of 277 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 2, 2013

2 hours and 20 minutes to get a pizza delivered and I had to ask for the discount!! I was told when I called in the order at 7:17 that delivery would be about 1-1:15. No problem, we were headed to the hot tub after a good day of skiing. 8:30 came and went and still no pizza or call from the restaurant. I called at 9:05 and was told we were the next pizzas to go out which had me wondering if they we sitting there getting cold waiting for delivery. I also heard excuses about how busy they were and about road conditions. Road conditions, really???!!! It was snowing but doesn't it always snow in PC every winter and not to mention that our hotel was less than a mile form the restaurant?? When the pizza arrived at 9:40 the delivery guy hands me the CC slip to sign for full price. What?? Full price for pizza that took over 2 hours to deliver (it better be good). I asked the delivery guy to have the manager call me and she did, less than 10 minutes after he left. She ran though the "busy" and "road" excuses trying to defend the 2+ hour delivery time and eventually asked me what I wanted to make me happy. At this point I had opened the boxes to see cold pizza that had been sitting for a while, plus the extended delivery, excuses and lack of communication had me wanting it free. The manager agreed to not charge us and made the offer to bake two more pies and bring them over (was she joking?). Glad I did not pay because after having to microwave it we each ate two pieces and threw away the rest. Next time I will cal Papa John's in the same plaza.

keyejn, Owner at Park City Pizza Company, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I am really sorry about your experience. I did apologize to you on the phone. We try our best to set the most accurate expectation as possible. While I highly doubt we told you 1-1:15 minutes as we have averaged 1:45 to 2:15 during Holiday Week, it is possible that our staff indeed made a mistake as we are human and very overworked during this time period I could hire more staff, but alas you are here for 5 days a year.

While very detailed and scathing in review, you didn't pay for your pizza and I offered to remake it for you...I apologize you fell victim to 100,000 people influx in Park City and offer you to plan your meal in advance next time because you could have called 3 other chain restaurants and the wait time would have been the same, maybe your expectations would have been lower!?

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Even though the sauce wasn't too special, the pizza had a crispy crust and was delightful. We also had a $2 discount. One downfall was that there was only one size for the gluten free.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We've been here several times before and loved it. This time we was truley disapointed. The prices have gone up and the quality down. Hope they get it back together.

keyejn, Owner at Park City Pizza Company, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

We are so sorry your experience did not live up to past experiences--we do care about quality and have done a number of things we feel upgrade the value for our customers. As far as our prices go, they have not been increased in over a year in a half, even though we have experienced close to 15% increase in food costs-except for our garden salad which we changed our containers from foam to compostable, we charge .25 more now which doesn't quite covers the costs. Please let me know what day you came in and what you ordered so I can ensure adequate training and review is done. I'd also like to buy your next meal to show you we value your business and hopefully regain your confidence.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I really wanted pepperoni pizza so we went here based on a recommendation from a local. I thought the pizza was good but not memorable. It was quite large but lacked a strong taste. My wife ordered a pasta dish which was fair and my daughter ordered lasagna which was just above average. It has a typical pizzeria decor with a bar and some sports games on TV's scattered around the restaurant. Our waitress was pretty attentive and pleasant. Overall, just an average meal experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

went with friends who raved about this place, I don't care much for the thin crust and actually the pizza was somewhat soggy on the bottom. I'm not much a pizza person but my friends are, just average.