“Most Rude Service I Have Ever Had” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #119 of 265 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
“Most Rude Service I Have Ever Had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We go skiing every year in Park City and have found several good restaurants ranging from casual to fancy, unfortunately this is not one of them. The owner is an older heavy set blonde lady (The Lady) and she was the only server they had. By the way, the 6 of us were the only customers in the place (now I know why). We sat down, looked at our menus and all decided what to eat. The lady was sitting behind the counter, not busy doing anything, but never came to take our order. I got up, walked over to the counter and let her know we were ready to order our meals.

I ordered a 'Reuben' without the Russian dressing and sauerkraut. My friends ordered their meals. Since I ordered a sandwhich that normally has very specific ingredients on it, I decided just to make sure my order was understood clearly and avoid a mistake with my meal, I got up, walked over to the lady behind the counter and said "I just wanted to make sure my sandwhich will be correct. "Basically it will be Pastrami and swiss cheese, grilled on rye." (the remaining ingredients on a Reuben). She snapped at me, saying "I know what a Reuben is."

I went back to my table, my 5 friends looked at me with their eyes popping out, looked at each other, and one of the ladies in our group said "OMG she is the rudest lady I have ever seen, working in a restaurant.

Now the food arrives, the lady drops off our food (almost literally) put it in front of us quickly and left. I look at my sandwich and there sitting in front of my is a Reuben, WITH Russian dressing and sauerkraut. Unbelievable, after all of that she still brings the wrong sandwich. I get up and bring my plate to her and show her that the sandwich has Russian dressing and sauerkraut. Without saying a word to me, she takes the plate from me and walks back to the cook. I go back to my table and sit there while everyone else eats their lunch.

As I am sitting there at my table, it dawns on me, who knows what an angry person will do to my food, so I get up and walk up to the counter where the cook is working just so I can watch my sandwich being made. The cook, a young gothic looking girl, with pink or red stripes in her black hair... was the only cook. I started talking to her. She was very nice. I explained about my sandwich and she said that it was no problem, that she would make it just the way I wanted. I continued to stand there and talked to her while she was cooking. She was very very nice and made my sandwich just right. I asked her if 'that lady' was always so rude. She just looked at me and shook her head yes. Poor girl needs to work in a friendlier environment.

All in all, the experience at this restaurant was pretty terrible. The service and the attitude are unacceptable.

BTW, everyone in our group are in their 50's, professionals, and a friendly easygoing group. We all walked out saying to ourselves that we would never be back.

I don't enjoy writing such a negative review, but since I am counting more and more on reviews to help me with purchasing decisions, I know that I would have wanted to know this before we walked in their doors.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Phoenix
“Rueben Sandwiches are THE Benchmark for Deli Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The evening of our arrival in Park City we were looking for something fast and relatively inexpensive. We had read about the Main Street Deli on TA so we headed straight there after checking in our hotel. Rueben sandwiches are wonderful when each ingredient is prepared well and my sandwich did not disappoint ... it was excellent! My wife had a Gyro sandwich and we split a spinach salad. Everything was prepared fresh with obvious care by the chef. A chic ambiance ... not so much ... good value and good food - Yes!

• Visited August 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“loved this little ski town deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

awesome breakfasts, good lunches. simple, but traditional food. love the ski memorabilia on the walls. keep in mind Trip Advisor, the menu that is posted here, is not and has never been their menu... maybe take it down, or get the correct one??

• Visited August 2013
Westminster, California
“Nice lunch break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by the deli for a late lunch of a roast beef sandwich and were pleased by the food, service, quaintness of the shop and friendliness of the staff. It was fun to sit at one of the sidewalk tables and people watch. We'll be back for more!

• Visited July 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great for a quick lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The deli has a great sandwich menu and rather low prices for Park City. You order at the register, take your drinks and your name is called when the food is ready. The sandwich comes in a basket with nice sides. The deli is relaxing and nearly always busy which is an indication of how good it is.

Visited July 2013