“Disappointing changes”

Wasatch Brew Pub
Ranked #46 of 277 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Where's the beer? Where are the breweries?" Those were among the first thoughts Greg Schirf had after moving to Utah from Milwaukee in the early 80's. Incredibly, drinking and brewing were all but forbidden. Greg took matters into his own hands and did what any self-respecting midwesterner would do: He started a brewery. Wasatch was the very first brewery in Utah - and one of the first craft brewers in all of the U.S. - brewing award-winning brews since 1986. In 1988, Greg Schirf proposed another bill to the Utah Legislature making brewpubs legal in Utah and opened the first brewpub at the top of historic Main Street in the resort town of Park City. Wasatch continues to misbehave, turning out naughty beer after naughty beer year after year.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I used to love Wasatch Brew Pub! The last two visits were disappointing. They changed the menu and took away some really nice dishes. The tone of the menu is a little more spicy now. The comfy booths are gone and have been replaced by uncomfortable metal chairs. All of the above is tolerable, but the service was really bad both times. I ordered a sandwich and asked for mayo and mustard, which was never brought. The server took a long time to greet me and then it took close to 30 minutes for my food to arrive after ordering. After dropping off my food the server never came back to check on me, so I had to eat my sandwich dry since she did not bring the condiments and I never saw another server to ask for help. I had to get up from the table and ask the hostess for my bill. My server brought the bill. Dropped it off with a smile and walked away. Didn't ask how it was or if there was anything else I needed. I will never go back!

Heather L, Manager at Wasatch Brew Pub, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Kathy-

Thanks for taking the time to post comments regarding your recent visit to our Wasatch Brew Pub. Because we take great pride not only in the quality of our food and hand crafted beers, but especially in the friendly and prompt service that we provide our guests, you can well imagine our disappointment upon learning not only of the dry sandwich that you were served, but especially of the poor service that your received.

We would love to invite you back and provide you with the great dining experience for which we are known, and would appreciate your emailing us at beer@squatters.com so that we can mail you a complimentary gift card.

Please accept our apologies and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to show you what a great brew pub we are!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

and this is as good as Utah brew pubs get. great beers, good food and a mix of locals and visitors. Fun spot.

Dear Geffry,

We really appreciate the feedback on your visit to our Wasatch Brew Pub and we're glad that you agree with us that we have the best brewpub around!

Come quaff with us again on your next visit to Utah.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

First stop here was with the Park City food tour where we tried a few brews and the amazing coconut shrimp. Came back to have a polygamy porter. All great super friendly and Doug was awesome telling about the history. We will be back again.

Heather L, Manager at Wasatch Brew Pub, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Johnny,

Glad you came back to see us again after your food tour to try some of our great craft brews. We'll be sure to share your comments with the team at the Wasatch Brew Pub. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Part of the building that the restaurant is located in is actually a brewery. You can try the various beers brewed here - there's a beer for every taste. Food is basic, but good. Hamburgers and fries, of course, and one of our favorites, the fish and chips. Daily specials are written on a board on the wall. Prices are reasonable. Service is good.

Heather L, Manager at Wasatch Brew Pub, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Jay K-

We agree - we know how to have fun at the Wasatch Brew Pub (and we like to think that we also know how to brew great beer and serve delicious food!

Come quaff with us again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This micro-brewery had a fine selection of beers. Food was fine. Service staff was consistently good (I was there twice.

Dear CPT-

Thanks for writing! We will soon have some great new seasonal beers on tap so come visit us again soon!