“Good and Cheap”

Taste of Saigon
Ranked #208 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Solid Vietnamese food for reasonable price. Not big on ambiance but good meal and service. Service was pleaseant.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were a table of 12 and I feel confident saying we were polite for a table of 12. Yet the service from the get-go was very rude. We were basically barked at. And expected to remember their menu numbering system even after we had the menus removed from our table. I ordered the vegetarian summer rolls and was brought what looked like non-vegetarian rolls so I asked to be brought the veggie version and was barked at that I ordered a number 54 (or whatever). I said, well, these appear to have shrimp in them. Again, I was barked at "you ordered #54!" So, I said, OK, well, I do actually eat fish just not other meat so I'll eat these as long as they only have shrimp in them. "Only shrimp" was the reply. After eating half a summer roll I realized that they also contained pork. I couldn't tell initially because it all had the same bland, flavorless taste. Although about an hour after my meal I knew for certain I had eaten pork when I became violently ill. I had my iphone in the pocket of my coat which was on the back of my chair. I checked the time and put the phone back in my pocket. We left about 10 minutes later. I got outside the restaurant and realized I didn't have my phone. So, I immediate went back in and asked if they found a phone. I was again treated rudely and oddly, as everyone I asked felt the need to pull their phones out of their pockets and say "I have a phone". To which I replied, I think my phone may have fallen out of my pocket, was a phone found when you cleaned the table? Again, they just kept showing me their phones. I don't think this was a language issue as they spoke English very well when we were at the table. I didn't find my phone but I used the "find my phone" app on another iphone and located the phone a couple blocks away from the restaurant. Then the phone was turned off and I could no longer track it. I went back to the restaurant to inquire again but no one seemed to care. I don't have the proof but I feel like someone who worked at this restaurant took my phone. Between this and getting ill my advice is to stay far away from this restaurant.

1  Thank Kristie L
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went there with three adults and two kids. No kids menu, but that was fine. Appetizers (spring rolls with peanut sauce were delicious. My entree, pan fried noodles with beef, was the worst of the three we ordered. Gravy like sauce was flavorless, should have ordered it extra spicy. My wife's chicken with vegetables, extra spicy, was the best, mainly because of the spice. Other entree, shrimp, was only OK but at least had some flavor. Service was nothing special, but not horrible either. Very reasonable prices for being in downtown Park City, but overall just average food I thought.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

three of us went there for lunch on a summer weekday. No one was there when we entered (not a good sign). service was very slow. we sat there for a while and had to signal the waitress for service. i had a grilled pork dish, but it seemed that the pork was dry, and perhaps had been cooked once already. the dish was kind of bland. my companions ordered a noodle soup bowl, which was very adequate, but not memorable, and a rice and sauteed pork dish, which was somewhat salty. the vegetables in the sauteed pork dish were quite good.l

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The curry was terrible (being watery, with huge chunks of potato and carrot in it) and the rice had dried out. The Asian-style ceramic soup spoons still had the paper price stickers stuck to the bottom, having evidently not been washed since they were purchased. We pointed this out and then saw the waitress (at a distance) scrape the sticker off with her fingernail and bring it right back to our table! Disgusting! The ambiance was little better. It all added up to the worst meal of our 18-day road trip. Although not expensive, we had far better food and service for similar prices at a number of other places where we ate on the same trip.

1  Thank Keith C