“Not Bad, But Not the Best”
Review of Taste of Saigon

Taste of Saigon
Ranked #212 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went there with three adults and two kids. No kids menu, but that was fine. Appetizers (spring rolls with peanut sauce were delicious. My entree, pan fried noodles with beef, was the worst of the three we ordered. Gravy like sauce was flavorless, should have ordered it extra spicy. My wife's chicken with vegetables, extra spicy, was the best, mainly because of the spice. Other entree, shrimp, was only OK but at least had some flavor. Service was nothing special, but not horrible either. Very reasonable prices for being in downtown Park City, but overall just average food I thought.

There are newer reviews for Taste of Saigon

Reviewed August 7, 2012

three of us went there for lunch on a summer weekday. No one was there when we entered (not a good sign). service was very slow. we sat there for a while and had to signal the waitress for service. i had a grilled pork dish, but it seemed that the pork was dry, and perhaps had been cooked once already. the dish was kind of bland. my companions ordered a noodle soup bowl, which was very adequate, but not memorable, and a rice and sauteed pork dish, which was somewhat salty. the vegetables in the sauteed pork dish were quite good.l

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The curry was terrible (being watery, with huge chunks of potato and carrot in it) and the rice had dried out. The Asian-style ceramic soup spoons still had the paper price stickers stuck to the bottom, having evidently not been washed since they were purchased. We pointed this out and then saw the waitress (at a distance) scrape the sticker off with her fingernail and bring it right back to our table! Disgusting! The ambiance was little better. It all added up to the worst meal of our 18-day road trip. Although not expensive, we had far better food and service for similar prices at a number of other places where we ate on the same trip.

1  Thank Keith C
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We love this place. The food is always good, service excellent and fast. The restaurant is small, but we never have trouble getting in because it is a secret local's spot.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was there with my 2 kids ages 8 and 11 and my daughter discovered in her soup something that looked like a plastic string or a flossing thread. We asked for the manager who couldn't care less but said she was going to ask the cook. 10 minutes later, no news I asked again and got a pretty rude "he doesn't know what it is"... She offered no apology, no free other soup or dessert.
the rest of the food was not good by vietnamese standard (and I lived in Asia), the decor is tacky, it is located in a small shopping mall, where everything else is closed at night.
OK, vietnamese food in Utah, what was I thinking?
Avoid!