“Great fun, great food”

Deer Valley Seafood Buffet
Reserve with OpenTable
Deer Valley Seafood Buffet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Zagat Restaurant Guide lists the Seafood Buffet in "America’s Top Restaurants." A favorite of locals and visitors alike, a vast array of fresh seafood is served including sushi, chilled shellfish, fresh salads, hot and cold seafood appetizers and entrées, glazed duck breast, pasta and prime rib, plus fabulous desserts. Fine wines and cocktails available. Located in Snow Park Lodge. Open during the winter ski season from 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m., closed Sundays and Wednesdays.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was our third experience here and we weren't disappointed. The $64 a person seems pricey, but consider that you get all the oysters, crab legs, prime rib, duck, and more that you want so you get your money's worth. Our favorites are the oysters and crab legs and we ate our fill. The desserts are a little disappointing but everything else was great.
Reservations needed.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you like a raw seafood bar, then this is the place for you. I think I at my money's worth it the 2 different type of oysters, 2 different types of crab and jumbo shrimp. They serve sushi grade tuna steaks cooked to order. They have a lot of hot entrees as well, I didn't really have room to try a lot of them, but the prime rib was really good. For dessert, try the snowball, it's amazing, kind of like a chocolate truffle covered in whipped cream.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a wonderful buffet. The food is delicious, but it does cost quite a bit. I always feel guilty because I'm not sure that I can eat enough for my in laws to buy me this meal :)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been visiting Park City and deer Valley for the past 10 years. We always make a stop at the Seafood Buffet. I have tried many high end (Gliterand, mariposa, Wahso, Riverhorse) and low end (Loco Lizard, Fuego etc) restaurants in Park City and Deer Valley, and am usually disappointed. The menus sound great but the food is not very good. The Deer Valley Seafood Buffet seems to have gone on a diet this year - w/ fewer choices. However, there is still so much to choose from that it can be overwhelming. We ate here 3 out of 7 nights last week.
The oysters are fresh but do not have the liquor (natural briny juice) that makes them delicious. They taste like they are washed out w/ water before serving. This is a very simple problem to fix. The sushi bar serves solid sushi - but nothing outrageously creative or delicious. The hot appetizers and soups were not as good as usual on Saturday and Monday, but better last Friday. The clams were salty but reasonably well prepared. The ribs were also prety good - well cooked w/ a pleasant cumin flavor. The escargot (on Friday) were outstanding. The cooked fish selections were dry the first two nights but much better on Friday. My children liked the duck and prime rib. I think other years, the sald and cold seafood selection semeed larger. The crab was reasonable, and the prepared salads tasted very good. I enjoyed the changing cheese selections with our wine. I think the buffets strong point is its dessert selection: they always have a bread pudding or cobbler, "snowballs" that my kids love (fudgey cake covered w/ lighly sweetened whipped cream), a very good fruit shortbread, good cookies, a reasonable creme brulee, and several other choices (cannoli, tiramasiu, king cake).
If any of the dishes were served in isolation, I think others would appreciate them more. For Park City, the food is very good and sometimes outstanding. But, due to the volume of food consumed, as you get full, even the most delicious foods don't taste as good. Everything served deserves a B or better, but there are only a few A+s lost amongst the B dishes.
Regarding value, if you add up all the dishes you try, and attach a small fee to each ($10/plate), most peoples bill would seem to be a bargain at $64 if trying only half of what is offered.
So, in a location filled w/ great restaurant choices, the Seafood Buffet would not last the year. But, considering that Park City remains a nearly gastronic wasteland despite many high priced restaurants entering the arena, the Seafood Buffet remains a solid choice.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate at the Deer Valley Seafood Buffet on Feb. 15, after reading the description in the local area restaurant magazine. The shrimp, salmon and oyster bar was good and the food tasty. Seems like they could peel the shrimp for you at 64 bucks a pop. The sushi was good, and the salads were very tasty. However, the hot bar and grill were disappointing - just average quality for the food. Carving station with prime rib was good as well, but not exceptional. For the dollars involved, it seems you are paying mostly for location and not because the food is exceptional. Eating there once satisfied our curiosity; no need to return. Can get food of comparable quality and variety in restaurants at half the price in less exclusive locations.

DV_emarketing, Manager at Deer Valley Seafood Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Blackcanyon,

Deer Valley and the Seafood Buffet kitchen staff were saddened by your disappointment with the value of your dining experience.

Fresh seafood flown in daily is so costly, especially when we choose to buy only sustainable seafood. Our guests average 10 to 12 shrimp per person, which means we would be peeling approximately 3,000 shrimp per night. We do not believe we could keep up with this demand. In addition, buying peeled shrimp does not provide us with the quality of product we strive to provide to our guests.

We hope that you will visit us again and sincerely thank you for your feedback.