“Slabs of meat!”

Grub Steak Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Grub Steak Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 287 Restaurants in Park City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gold Dust Lane
Transit: A shuttle stop of the complimentary Park City Transit system is conveniently located in front of the Grub Steak Restaurant, providing easy access to all areas within Park City and outlying areas.
Description: THE GRUB STEAK RESTAURANT PARK CITY'S WESTERN STEAKHOUSE SINCE 1976! With the rustic Fireplace and the Western memorabilia, the Grub Steak Restaurant is the stuff of Legends! From custom aged Beef to Salmon and Halibut flown in from the Northwest, a slab of slow cooked Prime Rib as big as the plate, Hunters Mixed Grill, or Chops of Rocky Mountain Lamb, the food is legendary as well. The Salad Bar, which stretches the length of the display Grill, is included in all Dinner Entrees, as is Creamed Spinach, baked Potato, Lemon Rice, French Fries or mashed Potatoes. Our younger customers appreciate the selections on the Children’s or Young Adult menus while everyone loves our house made Desserts and Breads. The Grub Steak Restaurant gluten free menu is certified by the Gluten Free Institue. We feature a full selection of Beer, Liquor and carefully chosen Wines.
Reviewed July 21, 2017

Grub Steak is reasonable priced for being in Park City. Keep in mind this is a ski town and prices are high.

They have good salad bar with a good selection. The wine list is ok with a fair number of selection in the red wine category. The wine on the list is not high end but that is in keeping with the restaurant. The food and service was very good.

The atmosphere is sort of a barn feel to it....its not a romantic spot but great for a family or group of friends. You can be loud in there and I don't think anyone will mind. It's a good place to go if your tired of Main Street Park City or you don't want to spend a lot (for a ski town). A couple can get out of there with dinner and a couple drinks, plus tip for under $100.

Chris H, General Manager at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Hello 1466martin, thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here. We do offer some higher end wines on our list, please be sure to ask your server for those selections on your next visit. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

The grub steak has the best salad bar in town! The food is good, and the service is fast. Parking can be tough, but just park across and up the street at the large parking lot with a short walk. I would classify this as casual mid price steak house. I have eaten here many times and have never once had a bad meal. With all of the surrounding hotels, it can get busy at night.

Hello Pizza with fungi, thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you have always enjoyed your dining experiences here. On behalf of all of us here thank you very much for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

What a lovely restaurant that I stumbled on for a team lunch for 12. We had attentive service and the food was good. The steak sandwich that I ordered was perfectly done. I can't figure out why I was charged 14 beverages for 11 people who ordered drinks. I didn't notice until I reviewed the bill after I left. No complaints on anything else or I would have given this site 5 stars. I would return.

Chris H, Manager at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Hello Dee0847, thank you for your review. I am pleased that you found us and that you and your party enjoyed your lunch here. I apologize that you were charged for more drinks than people. We did charge for refills on lemonade and juice and Arnold Palmers, after reading your review we met as a management team and have decided not to charge for refills on these items moving forward. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This place has terrible ambiance, the service is abysmal, and the mediocre food is served cold. And all for exorbitant prices! There are actually a lot of decent restaurants in Park City, there is no reason to throw away your money at this horrible restaurant.

3  Thank Jake S
Chris H, Manager at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Hello Jake S, I just saw your review and would like to get some details. I was wondering if you let your server or the Manager know that you were unhappy with your experience? We would have been happy to prepare something else for you. I would like to discuss this matter in more detail with you so that I can address it with the server and kitchen. We take all reviews very seriously and I can assure you that I am looking into this, I just need some more information. Would you mind calling me at the restaurant 435-649-8060? I am very sorry that we did not live up to your or our expectations.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Once again, my wife and I returned to the Grub Steak four our anniversary...our 34th...last night, and we were very pleased we did! I had a previous review a year ago when we celebrated our 33rd, and I thought after this visit I'd provide a quick update.

This visit: Five Stars

...for both the quality of food and the excellent service.

Upon arrival, we were met by Bryce, the manager for the evening, and he sat us in a nice booth in the back by the window. A duo was singing cowboy songs on the upper loft, and the place was pretty busy! Our waiter, "Zepp," did a great job taking care of us the entire evening, and was prompt and professional...just the right amount visits vs. keeping his distance. :-)

My wife had the Filet Mignon (medium), with mashed potatoes, and a glass of White Zin. I ordered the Bison tenderloin, which came bacon-wrapped (medium rare, 'natch), steak fries (just to be different,) and my de rigueur Jack-n-Coke. And of course, we both enjoyed a trip to the most awesome salad bar this side of the Rockies.

Everything was tasty, cooked perfectly, and delivered HOT! The bison was so flavorful, and although about 6 oz. in size (guessing...as compared to my wife's 8 oz. filet,) it was more than enough with the larger salad I prepped for myself. In fact, Bryce brought out the meals to make sure everything was perfect, and then even checked back in a few minutes to make sure it was perfect after a few bites. Well-played.

For our 34th, Bryce and the establishment treated my wife and I to complimentary desserts...with her selecting the NY Cheesecake, and I having the best bread pudding I have ever tasted. We each ate about half of our servings, and will enjoy them again tonight as left-overs.

The Grub Steak has earned our vote as the #1 steak place for our family, and our go-to place for taking out of town visitors. We used to have Millcreek's Log Haven and Snowbird's The Steak Pit as our faves...but in the last 5-10 years, they've fallen out of favor.

Well done Bryce and Zepp. We appreciate your customer service and your food, and hope to make it back there sooner! We will always remember our 34th there at your establishment! Thanks!

Hello denhabr, thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed another anniversary here at the Grub Steak. I am glad that Bryce and Zepp took great care of you and that you enjoyed your food as well. Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.