“Great atmosphere and greqt service”

Grub Steak Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Grub Steak Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 290 Restaurants in Park City
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gold Dust Lane
Transit: A shuttle stop of the complimentary Park City Transit system is conveniently located in front of the Grub Steak Restaurant, providing easy access to all areas within Park City and outlying areas.
Description: THE GRUB STEAK RESTAURANT PARK CITY'S WESTERN STEAKHOUSE SINCE 1976! With the rustic Fireplace and the Western memorabilia, the Grub Steak Restaurant is the stuff of Legends! From custom aged Beef to Salmon and Halibut flown in from the Northwest, a slab of slow cooked Prime Rib as big as the plate, Hunters Mixed Grill, or Chops of Rocky Mountain Lamb, the food is legendary as well. The Salad Bar, which stretches the length of the display Grill, is included in all Dinner Entrees, as is Creamed Spinach, baked Potato, Lemon Rice, French Fries or mashed Potatoes. Our younger customers appreciate the selections on the Children’s or Young Adult menus while everyone loves our house made Desserts and Breads. The Grub Steak Restaurant gluten free menu is certified by the Gluten Free Institue. We feature a full selection of Beer, Liquor and carefully chosen Wines.
Reviewed September 29, 2014

Ate with a large group at the Grub Steak while attending a corporate retreat in Deer Valley. The food was great, but the service was fantastic. The place is a bit pricy, but what do you expect for Park City. I have been to the Grub Steak several times in the past, and have never been disappointed. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Hello Todd S.,
Thank you very much for the nice comments and review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both the food and the service at the Grub Steak. On behalf of my entire team I want to thank you for your patronage and support over the past; we all hope to see you again the next time you get to come to the back of the Wasatch Mountains!

Reviewed September 23, 2014

Grub Steak is our go-to place for special occasions. It is a little on the pricey side, but in my opinion it is worth it. Their prime rib is awesome and their salad bar that comes with an entree is also great. My wife is allergic to wheat and we can go there because they have a complete gluten free menu including dessert and bread. We love it there.

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your very nice comments and review. It is good to know that you have enjoyed your dining experiences with us and that we are able to accommodate your wife's dietary needs with our gluten-free menu. On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I want to thank you for all your business and support, we all look forward to seeing you again when you come to visit from the beautiful Heber valley.

Reviewed September 14, 2014

The food was great - starting with the salad bar, which was extensive and frequently refreshed. I had a 12 oz prime rib which was cooked to perfection. I was very full by the end of the meal, too full in fact but hey, we were on holiday. Prices are probably inline with most resorts, I.e, high. Live music on the weekend but not invasive to conversation.

Thank you very much for your nice review and comments, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I want to thank you for your business, we all hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Park City in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Pricier than I remember. Bathrooms upstairs and hard for someone who's not walking well. Food was okay but not fabulous sag the price would indicate.

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you for your visit. We do offer a bathroom on the main floor for customers who do have trouble walking up the stairs to our main restroom facilities. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel like your food was "great", did you mention this to your wait staff or floor manager? We would have been happy to prepare a different meal for you if the one you ordered was not to your satisfaction. On behalf of all of us at the Grub Steak I thank you for your business.

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

This is another one of our regular dining spots when we visited Park City each of the past 20 + years. Their steaks are great but I can get all of that I want at home in Texas. I go for the exotic things such as the elk steak, the wild game platter ect... The fish selection is always super fresh and is a good variety. My favorite is the halibut with the salmon being a close second. The ribs are tender and delicious. The salad bar is extensive and well maintained. We go there many times for lunch and just have the salad bar. At lunch it has soups and deli meats also. We have always had good service. It is pricey but being in buisness myself I realize this is a resort town in the mountains and property prices are pricey too. I'm sure food and supply prices delivered in are quite pricey as well. That being said the whole dining experience at Grub Steak is well worth the cost!

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Thank you very much for the very nice comments and review, all of us at the Grub Steak really appreciate both. We are glad to know that we are one of your regular dining spots for both lunch and dinner when you spend time in Park City. On behalf of my entire team I want to thank you for your continued business and support, we all look forward to seeing you again soon!