“Interesting restaurant”

Grub Steak Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Grub Steak Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gold Dust Lane
Transit: A shuttle stop of the complimentary Park City Transit system is conveniently located in front of the Grub Steak Restaurant, providing easy access to all areas within Park City and outlying areas.
Description: THE GRUB STEAK RESTAURANT PARK CITY'S WESTERN STEAKHOUSE SINCE 1976! With the rustic Fireplace and the Western memorabilia, the Grub Steak Restaurant is the stuff of Legends! From custom aged Beef to Salmon and Halibut flown in from the Northwest, a slab of slow cooked Prime Rib as big as the plate, Hunters Mixed Grill, or Chops of Rocky Mountain Lamb, the food is legendary as well. The Salad Bar, which stretches the length of the display Grill, is included in all Dinner Entrees, as is Creamed Spinach, baked Potato, Lemon Rice, French Fries or mashed Potatoes. Our younger customers appreciate the selections on the Children’s or Young Adult menus while everyone loves our house made Desserts and Breads. The Grub Steak Restaurant gluten free menu is certified by the Gluten Free Institue. We feature a full selection of Beer, Liquor and carefully chosen Wines.
Tucson, Arizona
“Interesting restaurant”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We tried Grub Steak the last night in Park City as it was across the street from our timeshare. The food was excellent and as it was the weekend they had live Country & Western music. The entertainer was very good.

Visited June 2013
Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Grub Steak for dinner on the last day of your stay in Park City. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and thank you very much for your business and nice review. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to the Park City area.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We came to Grub Steak with a party of 14- we were greeted immediately, seated shortly thereafter and were taken care of the entire evening by a wonderful and very friendly staff. The menu is very wide range in choices and the salad bar was a meal on it's own with more that you could ever imagine for your salad, including fresh bread you cut off the loaf. Our waiter- Jason was very attentive and the manager visited our table over the course of the meal to ensure our needs were being met! They took such good care of us- I would highly recommend to anyone in the area...oh, and make sure you try the Idaho trout...amazing!

• Visited July 2013
Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so very much for your very nice and kind review. I am glad that you and your party enjoyed the dining experience at the Grub Steak. On behalf of my entire team I would like to sincerely thank you for your business. We all hope to see you again next time your travels bring you back to Park City!
Brampton, Canada
“Good time”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our resort. Atmosphere nice, server good considering he was looking after a party of 25. Their " specialty" the grub steak, cooked to perfection however relatively tasteless, the Elk was outstanding. They had a folk/country singer playing and he made the evening. Manager popped by and chatted, and madevus feel welcome. We will return on our next visit.

Visited July 2013
Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I thank you very much for your nice review and comments. All of us appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon in Park City
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It started off with our server forgetting us, we waited over 25 min after getting our water and menus for him to take our order. He apologized, all would have been forgotten but he still wasn't that great after. He didnt explain that the plates were at the salad bar and that I should help myself before my meal, I waited for him to bring me a plate. I would have asked about it but I never saw him until he brought us our meal. Then theirs the meal.. I ordered a steak Oscar style, the hollandaise sauce was so sour with the taste of lemon I couldn't eat it. I told the waiter nicely that it was way bad but it was so long for him to return and my kids were tired none of us wanted to wait for another steak. Then I got my check, everything was full price, the least that could have been done was to take off the $9 Oscar charge! I never write reviews, but this experience was worth the poor review! Go somewhere else, you deserve a better experience.

• Visited July 2013
Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I just noticed your review and talked to the manager on duty on Saturday night. Let me start by offering my sincere apologies to you. The manager has already met with the server (who has been suspended for two weeks) who has seen your comments and obviously feels terrible about it; he asked me to apologize to you on his behalf as well. As far as the Hollandaise Sauce is concerned, we like it to have a pretty pronounced lemon flavor which is obviously not what you expected; again my apologies for not providing you with a dinner experience which met with your expectations.
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Fantastic atmosphere, exceptional service and excellent live music”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Manager Chris was excellent, friendly, and took time to talk to customers, not just us, repeatedly to be sure all was good. Smiles on wall wait persons faces, friendly,helpful and efficient. Music was live and the performer did variety of music which was excellent and quiet enough to still have a conversation. HIGHLY recommended this place!!

Visited July 2013
Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I want to thank you for your nice review as well as for your business, all of us appreciate it very much. We all hope to see you again next time you get a chance to come back to Park City!