“Good time”

Grub Steak Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Grub Steak Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gold Dust Lane
Transit: A shuttle stop of the complimentary Park City Transit system is conveniently located in front of the Grub Steak Restaurant, providing easy access to all areas within Park City and outlying areas.
Description: THE GRUB STEAK RESTAURANT PARK CITY'S WESTERN STEAKHOUSE SINCE 1976! With the rustic Fireplace and the Western memorabilia, the Grub Steak Restaurant is the stuff of Legends! From custom aged Beef to Salmon and Halibut flown in from the Northwest, a slab of slow cooked Prime Rib as big as the plate, Hunters Mixed Grill, or Chops of Rocky Mountain Lamb, the food is legendary as well. The Salad Bar, which stretches the length of the display Grill, is included in all Dinner Entrees, as is Creamed Spinach, baked Potato, Lemon Rice, French Fries or mashed Potatoes. Our younger customers appreciate the selections on the Children’s or Young Adult menus while everyone loves our house made Desserts and Breads. The Grub Steak Restaurant gluten free menu is certified by the Gluten Free Institue. We feature a full selection of Beer, Liquor and carefully chosen Wines.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Recommended by our resort. Atmosphere nice, server good considering he was looking after a party of 25. Their " specialty" the grub steak, cooked to perfection however relatively tasteless, the Elk was outstanding. They had a folk/country singer playing and he made the evening. Manager popped by and chatted, and madevus feel welcome. We will return on our next visit.

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I thank you very much for your nice review and comments. All of us appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon in Park City

Reviewed July 13, 2013

It started off with our server forgetting us, we waited over 25 min after getting our water and menus for him to take our order. He apologized, all would have been forgotten but he still wasn't that great after. He didnt explain that the plates were at the salad bar and that I should help myself before my meal, I waited for him to bring me a plate. I would have asked about it but I never saw him until he brought us our meal. Then theirs the meal.. I ordered a steak Oscar style, the hollandaise sauce was so sour with the taste of lemon I couldn't eat it. I told the waiter nicely that it was way bad but it was so long for him to return and my kids were tired none of us wanted to wait for another steak. Then I got my check, everything was full price, the least that could have been done was to take off the $9 Oscar charge! I never write reviews, but this experience was worth the poor review! Go somewhere else, you deserve a better experience.

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I just noticed your review and talked to the manager on duty on Saturday night. Let me start by offering my sincere apologies to you. The manager has already met with the server (who has been suspended for two weeks) who has seen your comments and obviously feels terrible about it; he asked me to apologize to you on his behalf as well. As far as the Hollandaise Sauce is concerned, we like it to have a pretty pronounced lemon flavor which is obviously not what you expected; again my apologies for not providing you with a dinner experience which met with your expectations.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Manager Chris was excellent, friendly, and took time to talk to customers, not just us, repeatedly to be sure all was good. Smiles on wall wait persons faces, friendly,helpful and efficient. Music was live and the performer did variety of music which was excellent and quiet enough to still have a conversation. HIGHLY recommended this place!!

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I want to thank you for your nice review as well as for your business, all of us appreciate it very much. We all hope to see you again next time you get a chance to come back to Park City!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

On a gal pal trip we looked for a nice place that was reasonably priced. This place was awesome from the personal greeting from management, to the attentive and helpful waiter, the wonderful food, to the very pleasant live entertainment. We look forward to going back again. Yooper class of 1970

Thank you very much for your kind remarks, I am very happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your dinners. On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I want to also thank you for your business, all of us hope to see you again next time your travels bring you back to Park City!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was in heaven......my Filet was mouth watering!! My friends got tired of me saying how AWESOME it was, they all had to try it. Done to "my" perfection, almost melted in my mouth. Would go out of my way to have that steak again!! I'm not one that orders dessert......BUT HIGHLY recommend the Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bourbon Sauce. My friend ordered the sampler so we had a very small taste, wanted desperately to go back the next day and have a FULL dish of my own!!! OUT OF THIS WORLD! They went out of their way to accommodate our Fire Department. Thanks for a good time.

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your very nice review, it is good to hear that you and your friends thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience at the Grub Steak! On behalf of the entire team, I want to thank you for your business and hope to see you again next time you travel to beautiful Park City.