“Good not great”
Review of Chimayo

Chimayo
Reserve with OpenTable
Chimayo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 277 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City and a Free Trolley on Main Street.
Description: Step through the door, and you’ll think you stepped across the border. Festive lighting, wrought iron detail, Southwestern throw pillows in each booth and an authentic Mexican tile floor create this fabulous illusion. Start with a signature Chimayo Margarita, a local’s favorite. Don’t miss the dipping sauce that’s served with the fresh baked bread. Favorites include the Crown Roast of Barbecue Spareribs with a chipotle and caramelized pineapple glaze served with buttermilk whipped potatoes and Dos Equis beer-battered onion rings. The Mexican Chocolate Fondue for four served with a tureen of melted espresso-cinnamon chocolate with dipping favorites of cinnamon sugar churros, peanut butter cookies, Mexican wedding cookies, banana, pineapple, and seasonal berries is sure to finish this delectable experience with a warm cozy feeling.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my second visit to Chimayo, which is on the main strip of restaurants and bars in Park City. The restaurant has a fun, lively vibe and some pretty delicious drinks. However, I visited during Sundance when they were only serving an extremely overpriced tasting menu. The food is good but it is not a good value.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having had an outstanding meal on our last visit to Park City, we made reservations for our last night (Sat. 3/9) of this year 's visit. The first problem was being seated downstairs. The acoustics are so bad down there, it shouldn't even be considered a dining area. The second problem was when we realized we had been seated between two parties of at least 15 people each. Once these groups were seated, it was impossible to even hear our waitress. The service was good but the food was only so-so. And I really hate to see such lovely fresh herbs being wasted as plate decorations. We were extremely disappointed by the whole experience.

Bwe R, Public Relations Manager at Chimayo, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the undesirable seating between the two parties, especially with the acoustics in the basement exacerbating the noise issue. We'd love to have the opportunity to have you dine with us again to make it right with a better ambiance. Please contact me directly at allison@billwhiteenterprises.com to set up a reservation or discuss your visit. Thank you!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The food is extremely creative and very good! Our service was perfect!! We will be back. The elk and ribs were the best that we have ever had anywhere! Great presentation and world class cuisine!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Chimayo should have been the perfect ending note to a perfect Park City trip. We were all very much looking forward to our dinner after a fantastic experience at Wahso and so many great reviews for Chimayo. The only catch was that we were only able to score a 9:30PM reservation but we figured that we could wait that late since we werent skiing the next day. well... at 9:30PM we were advised our table might be available in 45min, they suggested we go have drinks next door. When one member of our party got aggravated, we were told they would comp our first round. Off we go then, one drink down. Second round on our own tab... we go to check on status after 45min... still no table available. Needless to say that by then, our group of 8 has grown hungry, tired, and for some of us, too many drinks on an empty stomach. Chimayo ended up comping all our drinks at the bar next door and sitting us a little over 90min late (note, at that point, it is past 11PM). We were of course the last table to be seated and by the time we sat down, you could tell they were keeping everything open to accomodate our large reservation. Service was impeccable and Taylor, our waiter was fantastic (the "Excellent" service is for him), we were brought two Queso Fundido and we tried to quickly make a choice on the menu. Of course, 3 items were no longer available (you can expect that when you get seated at 11PM). The food came and was delicious, no disappointment there, however, based on the fact that by the time we ate it was midnight, and we had been drinking for hours, were exhausted from 7 hours of skiing, i dont think it was the best for any of us to enjoy it. I was way too beat to eat more than half my food and felt like i wasnt doing it any justice. Basically, the food was amazing but the poor planning that resulted in the delay in accomodating our reservation prevented us from really enjoying our dinner. The manager graciously comped part of our meal (we were suprised), so great move but still - a very disappointing evening.

Thanks for your review! I'm very sorry for the wait you and your party experienced on your last visit to Chimayo. I understand that waiting for an extended period of time when you have a reservation can leave a negative impression on the rest of the evening. We'd love the chance to serve you again in the future. Please contact me personally if you'd like to discuss your experience or to make a reservation (allison@billwhiteenterprises.com). Thank you!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I echo a recent review by NicWill in a recent review "I know restaurants in Ski towns are expensive in general, but I felt that Chimayo was a overpriced a bit. We were seated downstairs which was a bit (bit is an understatement - packed tight would be more accurate!) cramped. ....... The food was good, but not spectacular. ......" In my instance, I had made the necessary reservations citing it was my wife's birthday; we (party of 6" arrived on time for a early 6 p.m. dinner - we were seated next to the kitchen with one person sitting immediately adjacent to the kitchen door but more specific, at our table the temperature on the wall thermo above us was 78*! Just plain too hot and uncomfortable! Since it was early we were moved downstairs to a table that they packed all six of in - not much of an improvement as now it was cramped and cold! Our waiter "Walter's attitude and motivation was lacking all evening. The food was good but no more; for the price, the food could not overcome the service and uncomfortable seating - it was disappointing that we could not enjoy the overall ambience. Also, they only acknowledged my wife’s' birthday when I pointedly ordered dessert and they put a candle on the tiny cake which of course was billed. Over the years, we've enjoyed other Bill White restaurants particularly Grappa but Chimayo was a real disappointment which we will not try again! Hope other tourists read this review.

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. As a historical building located on Main Street, we are very limited in size, so I apologize for the uncomfortable table which you received. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, and we would like to have an opportunity to serve you again with proper service and table. Please contact me directly at allison@billwhiteenterprises.com to discuss your visit or schedule a reservation.

Thank you!