“Fun small plate dinner”
Review of Mariposa

Mariposa
Reserve with OpenTable
Mariposa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sterling Court
Description: The Mariposa's intimate setting including crackling fireplaces sets the mood for an extraordinary dinner at Deer Valley's premier dining establishment. Savor The Mariposa's tasting menu, dining the way chefs love to, exploring and tasting as many of the offerings as you desire. Each menu item is a tasting size portion, allowing you to enjoy multiple selections. Vegetarian specialities and gluten-free options are available. To complement your meal, pair wines from our list which consistently receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Wine pairings are suggested below and may be ordered as three ounce tastings or five ounce wines by the glass. For larger groups, the Cedar Room accommodates private parties of 13 or more and features the Mariposa menu. The Mariposa is only open during the winter season.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We have eaten at Mariposa 3 times this winter and thoroughly enjoy the small plate menu.My daughter is vegetarian and allergic to gluten and soy and she actually gets delicious and interesting food.

1  Thank Barbara H
There are newer reviews for Mariposa

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Mariposa was recommended to us by our concierge and we were very disappointed in the ambiance and the pretentious service. We arrived with three children (our kids are on spring break) and there was no kids menu - they had a choice of multiple small plates to order from. The first and second floor have great bustling ambiance, but we were banished to the third floor which was like being in a room in a large wedding hall...it was quiet and not decorated and resembled a school cafeteria. When I asked to move to the first or second floor, the matre de approached me after a 15 minute wait and denied my request and told me "tough" "if people don't like children, it's their problem."When we had to use the restroom, we were directed down two flights and out into the ski lodge. The waiter was not very insighful when questioned about the wine and there was no sommelier in sight. The food itself was delicious, the servers not accomodating and definitely don't even think of bringing children. (and we are from NYC and bring our children to five star restaurants which accomodate us...not here.) I would not go back - this restaurant is resting on it's laurels and not willing to accomodate families, foodies. I would recommend Grappa, Mustang, 350 Main, River Horse when in Salt Lake City -- all had delicious food and accomodating staff.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

4 fun women shared 15 plates. This is my ideal way of dining. The small plates enabled us to all have a few bites of each dish so we tasted a lot of great tasting food in one night. All the dishes we tasted were professionally seasoned and plated simple and appealing. Our server was very knowledgable and did a great job with the wine pairings.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We loved the small plate approach, finding it a wonderful way to try an assortment of the delicious creations the Mariposa offers - from starters to entrees to desserts! The menu is creative, the flavors are imaginative and delicious. From the intimate European-style environment, to the warm and attentive service throughout, we loved everything! It added a special touch to our stay in Park City!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ok. Call me a sucker. I read the reviews. I knew the deal. Small portion sizes, expensive. But, our hosts wanted to try this place, so we obliged.
After spending over $500.00 for 4 people, we walked out hungry and ripped off. The look on our husband's faces when the 1 scallop for $19.00 came out, said it all. My gnocchi was unremarkable. As were the other selections.
All of us ordered 2 plates, the second being a filet or bison plate, wine, dessert and after dinner drinks. Thank God for the bread basket!
I strongly recommend this restaurant go back to full portion sizes, because once you experience this expensive small plate snobbery for "foodies" you won't be back.

1  Thank DiscriminatingDiva08