“We Still Love Wahso!”
Review of Wahso

Wahso
Reserve with OpenTable
Wahso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 266 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City and a Free Trolley on Main Street.
Description: Warm finger towels, deep jade table settings, curtain booths, and attentive service call back the Jazz-era Orient. A collection of Asian art befits the artistic offerings that emerge from the grill. Start your evening off with a sake martini shaken table-side, followed by Steamed Pork Buns, Hamachi Tar Tar, or Red and Gold Beet Salad. For entrees, house favorites Miso Black Cod, Roasted Duck Breast, and Marinated New York Steak. Inventive desserts like the Coconut Crème Brulee, a freshly hallowed coconut creatively filled with fresh coconut, served with chocolate dipped macaroons, will temp you to linger. Fodor’s Editor’s Choice Award 2006 (Top Ten Restaurants in the World).
USA and Australia
“We Still Love Wahso!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Wahso and its new manager Kara are back in the game and are tough competition for best restaurant in Park City.
Over the busy ski and vacation times Wahso faces challenges, and maybe some leaving less than perfect scores for Wahso visited during this time? However when the crazy leaves town and sanity prevails Wahso is still top of my list for best restaurant in Park City. Its the overall package is world class. The environment is beautiful, food great, Its Asian Fusion and American all together and it is Wonderful and fabulously flavorsome! The service is very professional and prompt.
The great experience at Wahso begins at reservation, when they really go out of their way to accommodate and look after local VIPs. (And I'm sure all their clients) When you know your patronage is appreciated and you are treated like old friends, you love supporting and returning to this restaurant. During the meal they always go out of their way and offer some small extra as a token of their appreciation for loyal support. This is a sign of a top restaurant that values its clients and us not just after tourist dollar as so many in tourist towns can be.
Most of the time we dine here as a couple, but we often bring friends and all leave raving about Wahso and the food and service.
We also often bring large groups (colleagues at courses) to Park City restaurants and the professionalism of a great restaurant is often tested under such situations. On friday night regrettably some members of our group certainly challenged the staff, but the way Kara and her team handled demanding patrons was another indication of how well trained the team here is.
That aside.. The food here is fabulous, the wine list is great, the decor and environment is very conducive to fabulous dining. Kara and her team are fabulous and very professional.
The Only negative.. I wish they weren't so darn busy in ski season and took less bookings then, so the overbooking doesn't lead to the negative comments and kitchen stress causing anything but the great impression anyone visiting Wahso should have. Wahso we love you!! Thank you .. Keep up the great job! See you gain soon..

2 Thank Luvin-Life+Travel
Bwe R, Public Relations Manager at Wahso, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your response! I am so happy to hear that you enjoy our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you more in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
“Perfectly pleasurable”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was a pleasurable meal, from the cozy-exotic décor of our semi-private booth, to the engaging service. Our server, John, was eloquent and attentive; he perfectly described the fine points of each dish. We ordered the soft-shell crab appetizer (well-prepared although the sauce was underwhelming), thyme-scented diver scallops with celery root and cauliflower (utterly delicious), crab-encrusted salmon (very good), and a side of creamed kimchee (yes, you heard that right, and it was delicious). We will definitely be back and will seek out that fine waiter, known only as "John," again.

Atlanta
“Good, but hardly worth the prices (even in a Ski town)”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I LOVE miso black cod. If we see it on a menu, odds are we're making a reservation at that place. This is what led us to Wahso on our recent trip to Park City.

The occasion was a birthday of a friend who was traveling with us. We convinced them to make our nicer dinner out at Wahso based on the lure of miso black cod. We've had it at Nobu's all over the globe (the best) and even recently enjoyed it at Tomo in Atlanta, so the bar is set high. The peice at Wahso is pretty large, but the flavor did not hit the spot. Miso black cod should melt in your mouth with a buttery and rich flavor that keeps you begging for more. Wahso's disappointed and at $46 per serving, I expected it to be close to Nobu's, at least in the ballpark.

To move on, we also ordered the filet mignon that came powder encrusted with mushrooms and topped with a scallion mixture. I was actually surprised at how delicous the filet was, and we both agreed it was the better of the two entrees we got.

For appetizers, we had the spring rolls that were delicious but nothing you can match at most fine asian restaurants, the chinese buns which were mediocre, and the pork dumplings which were on par with most chinese take out restaurants. The portions were nice but the flavors were average, and not what you'd expect from the prices.

I will say the "sake-tinis" were delicious and a good value at $9 each. We had the cucumber-mint and pineapple-basil, each served with the shaker and felt like 1.5 drinks each, although the pineapple-basil seemed pretty watered down (tasted more like pineapple juice than anything else and was supposed to have ginger vodka and sake as the only liquid aside from muddled pineapple and basil). But $9 for a large martini/cocktail in a ski town is not bad. We almost missed these on the drink menu as you really had to ready closely to find them under the sake list, but we were glad we did.

Although we were full, they served our friend a peice of their carrot ginger spice cake with cream cheese ice cream for dessert. We all shared it and it was also mediocre. Pretty much an average carrot cake and the cream cheese ice cream was a little overkill on cream cheese considering the carrot cake had four layers of cream cheese icing.

Overall, I wish we had tried more of the nice restaurants in Park City for comparision, but I doubt this is the best for the money, at least I hope not. The shepards pie boxty at Flanagan's was a much better value, and that's at an Irish pub!

Final Tip: Reserve one of the "private booths" in the main dining room. We had a reservation but were seated in the small, upper dinner room that was much less interesting as the curtained booths surrounding the main dining room.

• Visited March 2013
Bwe R, Public Relations Manager at Wahso, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of Wahso. I'm very sorry we failed to exceed your expectations when dining with us. We strive to provide every guest with the best possible experience, and I apologize that the food didn't exceed your expectations. I'd love to have the chance to discuss your visit with you, if you'd like to contact me at allison@billwhiteenterprises.com. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you again with a proper experience.
san diego
“Sublime as usual”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is my son's favorite restaurant in the world. I try to take him there whenever I can and our visit in February was superlative as usual. The service and atmosphere are hard to beat and the food is amazing.

Visited February 2013
Alabama
“Over-rated!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

After suggestions from friends, we had dinner at this restaurant. To say the least, it is very over-rated especially for the expensive entrees. I had the steak and broccoli Waghu entree and was extremely disappointed. With a $50 price tag for an entree, it was not worth it at all. My companion had the duck and was satisfied. The service was lackluster and our waiter a tad snooty. I would advise getting back to what made their reputation in the past.

Visited March 2013
Bwe R, Public Relations Manager at Wahso, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your dislike in your meal and pricing.
We would love to get your feedback on how we may improve in the future. Please email me at
allison@billwhiteenterprises.com.
Thank you and I hope you will give dining with us another chance.