“Unfortunately....nothing to brag about”
Review of Wahso

Wahso
Reserve with OpenTable
Wahso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: Free Bus System throughout Park City and a Free Trolley on Main Street.
Description: Warm finger towels, deep jade table settings, curtain booths, and attentive service call back the Jazz-era Orient. A collection of Asian art befits the artistic offerings that emerge from the grill. Start your evening off with a sake martini shaken table-side, followed by Steamed Pork Buns, Hamachi Tar Tar, or Red and Gold Beet Salad. For entrees, house favorites Miso Black Cod, Roasted Duck Breast, and Marinated New York Steak. Inventive desserts like the Coconut Crème Brulee, a freshly hallowed coconut creatively filled with fresh coconut, served with chocolate dipped macaroons, will temp you to linger. Fodor’s Editor’s Choice Award 2006 (Top Ten Restaurants in the World).
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We made a reservation here for my boyfriend's birthday. He had read their menu and, though pricy, thought the dishes sounded amazing. The menu descriptions were the only amazing part. Don't get me wron, we have nothing negative to say, but we just don't have the heart to recommend this place either.

We ordered-
The Blushing Geisha as my cocktail. It was stiff for Utah, had a nice flavor and I was given a "sidecar" as well.
Mussles in green curry app. They were nice, and we received a baguette to sop the broth up with. I've ordered mussles in several places, these were only average at best.
A salad w/ watermelon & goat cheese. This was the best item of the night.
Salmon with some veg side I've already forgotten for me and he had the duck breast with spices. His came with deep fried potatoes. Again, we expected something awe inspiring for $44 and it was duck with fried potatoes.

We didn't even consider dessert after such an expensive let-down. There are lots of amazing restaurants in the Park City area that they really need to step up their game to compete.

Bwe R, Public Relations Manager at Wahso, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your review of Wahso! I'm sorry your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide memorable experience, and I apologize that we fell short. The drinks unfortunately must abide to strict liquor laws in Utah, and therefore may not taste as strong. I'd love to discuss your dining experience with you and invite you back in to try our food again. Please contact me at allison@billwhiteenterprises.com if you would like. Thank you for your review, and I hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We tried the sushi and salads at Wahso, which made our experience more affordable than it would have been had we ordered entrees. The beet salad was so good! We loved the sushi, which is a relatively new addition to the menu. It was delicious. Food was artistically presented. Try the patio dining above Main Street -- we loved it.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Having traveled to many places, and, enjoyed many meals, I believe this might be the most expensive Asian dinner that I've experienced outside of NYC. The food at best could be categorized as "precious." If you like butter, this is the place to go. Very, very disappointing. Probably best to avoid.

Thank you for your review of Wahso. I'm very sorry we failed to exceed your expectations when dining with us. We strive to provide every guest with the best possible experience, and I apologize for the food quality not meeting your expectations. I'd love to have the chance to discuss your visit with you, if you'd like to contact me at allison@billwhiteenterprises.com. Thank you!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I'm a local, and for special occasions, I absolutely love going to Wahso for dinner. When friends come into town and they ask me where to go for a "nice dinner", Wahso is always in my top 3 recommendations. I love the patio for dining above Main Street and people watching in the Summer. In the Winter I enjoy dining in one of their cozy private booths, which comfortably seat 2 - 4 people. Some of my favorite dishes are - appetizers - short ribs (my kids love those), beet salad, hamachi and potstickers. Dinner - the Black Cod, Pork Chops and Filet Minon. Oh, and their toasted coconut creme brulee is fabulous for dessert! I have gone there with both friends and family, and was most recently there to celebrate my birthday. I would advise making reservations during the winter, especially on weekends. They also have a nice bar area for drinks and appetizers.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This place is owned by Bill White. Great creator of restaurants in Park City. Owns several of the best in the city. Washo is Euro-Asian Fusion. Great food. Comfortable exotic atmosphere. I take clients here to impress.

1  Thank BradleyBurr