“Really 4 and half circles...”
Review of Zoom - CLOSED

Zoom
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A Sundance Resort Restaurant opened in 1995 by Robert Redford, Zoom exudes a vibrant communal atmosphere where good food and conversation are celebrated as art forms. Located in Park City, Utah on Historic Main Street, this casually elegant setting, originally a Union Pacific Depot, preserves and pays homage to Park City's pioneering roots. Zoom has a hearty yet sophisticated menu of American Cuisine with a Utah flair.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We dinned here with 9 right as they opened for dinner for the evening. Our server was excellent. I wish I could remember her name as many of the other reviewers could, just so she could get credit where credit is due. We had 4 kids ages 8-15. She was very attentive with out being pushy. My brother is our resident wine expert, he had some questions for her and she was able to answer them all. The menu was a good mix of upscale american. We found the kids menu to be a good mix of items, chicken finger and such; although this isn't a boxed mac & cheese kind of place and the prices reflect that. However, we expected that. I had seared scallops and they were excellent. Two in our party had the chicken fricassee and they also said it was very good. The sides they offer with the meals are outside the box, without being from left field, if that makes sense. I had a butternut squash 'succotash' that was made with the squash, green beans, mushroom, and onions that were sauteed. It was yummy. My brother ordered their special steak of the day. It had quite a bit of fat on it; without our saying anything our server asked if he had gotten enough to eat and offered to bring him something else. He declined saying he enjoyed the steak but yes it did seem to have an excessive amount of fat for the cut. She returned a short time later, again, without our solicitation, to say she had spoken with the chef; they were checking all the other steaks to make sure it didn't happen again and tell us they had removed the steak from our bill. I felt the matter could not have been handled better. I think the only think holding me back from giving Zoom the full five cicles is that with prices they do charge, a soup or salad should be included with the entree. Having said that, we were dining at an upscale Park City restaurant and I didn't think their prices were out of line with comparable places in the area and their staff made and the food made us want to return.

Brooks K, General Manager at Zoom, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

ReadyTraveler17,
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. Your feedback will only allow us to get better. I am very happy to hear that your server, who I believe was Kristin, was able to find a solution to the issue with the steak. We are very grateful that you brought your group into Zoom to dine, and hope that you will be back with us real soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here on a recent Saturday night. We had checked out the restaurant earlier in the day and it seemed like a nice play. It's located right on Main St. nearby to a lot of other restaurants. When we walked in, we were greeted and seated quickly. We were seated at a booth near the musician who was playing the guitar and singing that night. This ended up being great. We really enjoyed getting to listen to him play while we had dinner. For appetizers, we ordered the fried green beans and the truffle mac and cheese. Both were really good and seemed fresh. For dinner, I ordered a burger with sweet potato fries and mashed potatoes and my wife ordered vegetable lasagna. The burger I had was really good and I would definitely order again. I ordered mine with bacon which makes everything better. The fries were fine, but the mashed potatoes were terrible. If you are going to put a side on your menu for $4 or $5, it should at least be better than what I can make at home. These mashed potatoes weren't even close to as good as what I can make at home.

My wife's vegetable lasagna was just that, a bunch of thinly sliced vegetables with some cheese on top and a little tomato sauce. We've both had vegetable lasagna before which normally means normal lasagna with vegetables instead of meat. This was not the case at Zoom. It was a basically a cooked vegetable plate with no noodles. For $24, this meal really missed the mark. In fact, I'm surprised it was even on the menu. I would think if anything, you could serve that as a side dish, but not as a meal.

Overall, we had a decent meal. Our waitress was nice, but not great. The atmosphere was nice, but had a thick fried food smell. Next time we are in Park City, we will probably go somewhere else, but Zoom isn't a bad place for a meal.

TonyW,
Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit. Feedback is always a good thing to us, and allows us to make improvements, so thank you!
I am very sorry to hear that your food was not enjoyable. The mashed potatoes are made fresh every day, and we will look into how we can make the quality better. As for the lasagna, it is new to the menu this summer, and your feedback will allow us to make some changes to better our selection for the future. I understand you may look elsewhere for dining, and that is tough to hear, but we do hope you will reconsider and join us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We noticed that our server, Erika, has been mentioned before! She is a pro!! It was like we had known her for a lifetime. It's nice to have a server who enhances the dining experience. Thanks!

We walked into Zoom late with a tired 7 year old, and walked out uplifted and all pleased with our meal and service. The live music was great. Honestly, the water choices and diligence in helping us hydrate was appreciated! We followed all of Erika's recommendations and were very pleased with our meals. I'm not always a fan of chicken, but the Chicken Piccata was light, very flavorful, and perfectly cooked. My husband had the scallops and loved them. My daughter left complimenting VEGTABLES!! We come from a place with a lot of great restaurants (Jackson, Wyoming), but Zoom made us think we need to raise our standards! It was nice to walk out of a restaurant with not a single complaint and feeling satisfied. We would absolutely recommend Zoom to anyone.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The best part of our meal was our server, Erika! Food was ok, my son loved his burger, my daughter thought the chicken strips were tough... I had the chicken picatta, good flavor but the chicken was a little under done and a touch drowning in oil... I'm sure they are good but watching the kitchen person pick stuff out from under her finger nails and the thick dust on the light put me off the whole meal... Thanks Erika for saving the evening!

Brooks K, General Manager at Zoom, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Larasworld,
First off, thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, it is very valuable to Zoom getting better every day. Your experience with us is very embarrassing to learn about. We work hard to put the freshest and best tasting food on our guests table, and we clearly did not succeed with you. Also, I would be just as upset, if I witnessed an uncleanly atmosphere within a restaurant. I certainly would not have a large appetite after seeing that. We can promise you, and all our guests, that we have, and will continue to improve our standards in the kitchen. What you saw, was a very poor representation of Zoom, and we are very sorry that you had to see that. We can only hope, that you will give us another opportunity, and are very grateful to have Erica on the team with us!
Our deepest apologies,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great location in the middle of Main Street. Cute restaurant with a cozy feel. The staff was amazing as was the food. Everything we ordered was fantastic and very fresh.