“Great experience to try multiple restaurants!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park City Food Tours

Park City Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 8 Food & Drink in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Park City Food Tours presents Main Street with a culinary twist. Go beyond the usual mountain town activities and experience Main Street more intimately by enjoying several different experiences in one tour. We will visit 3-4 restaurants and other attractions along Main Street while listening to the guide talk about the historical and cultural aspects of the street, city and state. This is a very entertaining tour and we promise to have a lot of fun.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience to try multiple restaurants!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I found Shirrins food tour online for things to do while out in Utah with my husband. We went to 4 different restaurants and we were welcomed at each restaurant and given a little bit of Utah history. I loved learning about the town and the restaurant. The food was great and this aloud for me and my husband to try four restaurants in a short time frame, and find a favorite restaurant to return to. Also we were shown a preview at the park city museum and we went to the Mountain Body Spa to try some lotions!

Visited March 2014
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for the kind review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the restaurants. I was impressed that you tried items that you might not have normally tried on your own. Great fun.
Shirin

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Body and mind food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I highly recommend Shirrin's food tours - I went to two different ones and my husband took time off skiing to come to one of them. It's a great way to discover some of the cafes, restaurants and places of interest in Main St, Park City, and also the history and origins of the former mining town. After 10 years of annual ski trips from Australia to the Park City ski resorts, I have finally ventured into some of the pubs, cafes, restaurants and shops I haven't been to previously.

The tours varied in cost and timings and were reasonably priced, reflecting the different types of establishments we explored. There is no pressure to purchase the wine or beer offered by the eateries and I feel that it's really best to enjoy the food tastings accompanied by plain water. I loved the ambience and elegance of the more upscale restaurants and their aesthetically pleasing, tasty creations. One restaurant amazed and delighted us with their cross flavourings of the 3 types of desserts. The down to earth pubs were also enjoyable and it was great to learn the history of some of these establishments.

Shirrin managed to persuade the chefs of several eateries to tell us something about themselves and their own career evolution in the food industry. This added an extra dimension to the tours organised by this vibrant person who deserves a medal for promoting Park City. She certainly had lots of interesting things to tell everyone.

Apart from food, Shirrin also guided us to other places of interest in Main St. One one tour, we ended up at a shop where we enjoyed a hand scrub followed by a massage with a lovely scented cream of our choice, a novel experience for some (the men) in the tour. Photos of Shirrin in action and some of our food tastings are attached.

Visited February 2014
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for the amazing review. It was a great experience having you on several tours. They are quite different from each other this season and I'm glad that you were able to enjoy two of the three without getting bored.
The pictures you posted are fantastic, (although it looks like I've been drinking in one of them).
Thank you for the personal kind words. I'm glad you made it home safely.
Shirin
The Woodlands, Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Fun foodies unite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a great tour with fun guide, interesting history lesson, cool spots. Great food choices wonderful restaurants. I would recommend this afternoon. Booze not included and a couple of places had $12 glasses of wine, a bit steep compared to the $3 beers!

Visited February 2014
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Wow, you are a really good Tripadvisor reviewer. Short concise and interesting. I loved this tour. You all were so fun and interesting. Quite the international crowd.
Great point about the wine. I will try to give people a heads up that in some restaurants they may want to share a glass of wine.
I hope you all had a great trip home, Shirin
Lehi, Utah
3 attraction reviews
“Park City Food Tour - Hosted by Sharin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I moved to Utah about 8 years ago, and we have always loved the "vibe" of Park City, have skied Deer Valley, Park City, and the Canyons many times, but never did really know where to go along PC main street. This food tour was a great way to experience a variety of places, along with some historical information about the city. Great people, great places! Thanks so much for doing this, Sharin!!!

Visited February 2014
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Sandra, thank you for coming on the tour. What a great group of people we had on that tour. A couple of them were historic treasures themselves. When the husband told me that he had been on the Thaynes ski lift I had to touch his arm because I knew I was touching history, so cool!
Anytime you come up please email me and I will let you know about the new fun thing to do/ popular restaurants on Main Street.
Thanks again, Shirin
Mount Dora, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique break from skiing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I took the bar tour. It was our first food tour and we enjoyed it. We visited 4 different bars and it was a good way to get to know the main street area and a few restaurants. I would highly recommend doing a tour at the earlier part of your trip, so you can get advice as to where to eat on the remaining days of your holiday.

As for service… Shirin was awesome. She was very personable and had a great sense of humor. She did whatever she could to accommodate everyone and made the tour interesting and fun. We would definitely take another tour with her if we visit Park City again.

Now for the bars we attended. 3 of them were good and the food was decent. (especially the last place we visited, Silver. The deserts were very good and mixed drinks amazing). But my experience at one of the bars is worth mentioning. The No Name Saloon treated me very poorly. The guys up front "thought" my FL ID was fake despite swiping it and it clearing. They confiscated it and wouldn't give it back to me until the police showed up and confirmed that it was actually a legitimate ID. So for this portion of the food tour we completely missed out, didn't even get passed the little guy up front, and did not enjoy the food we payed for.

I will add that this doesn't reflect at all on Shirin or her food tour. She actually did a great job (calling the Police) of correcting the situation. She also got me a really nice drink at the next establishment, and was very apologetic. She later emailed me and informed me that she was going to take this bar off the tour and add one of my personal recommendations. For this I give her an A+.

If you are in Park City, check out Park City Food Tours. It was a unique experience and a great way to spend the night after a day on the slopes.

Visited February 2014
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Joe, You two are such a great couple, I really enjoyed meeting you both. Your enthusiasm for life and new experiences is contagious.
You are so sweet for doing a review, especially after that horrible experience. Rest assured they are no longer on the Gastrolounge tour and actually it's made the tour much smoother.
I hope that you make it out here again, it's sounds like you had a great time in Park city.