“LOVED the food , interesting menu choices”
Review of Edge Steakhouse

Edge Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Edge Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 271 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Edge Steakhouse delivers a cutting-edge culinary experience that takes the traditional American-style steakhouse to a new level. Our world-class culinary team has crafted a unique menu that blends traditional steakhouse favorites with an exciting array of specialty appetizers, creative entrees and innovative side dishes. Edge is committed to supporting locally sourced and organically grown produce and boasts one of the largest and most comprehensive wine lists in Park City.
Massachusetts
“LOVED the food , interesting menu choices”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

First off, I tried to book on Open Table and was told there was nothing available for 30 days. I called the restaurant directly and was given a table immediately; When I arrived, there were only 3 tables seated. I chose the price fixe menu since it had one of the choices I had been contemplating and was a better value as a 3 course meal with nice selections, I tried the Waygu Zabuton cut, since it was unique and not readily available near my home. The waiter accommodated my choice to have cheddar potatoes rather than garlic mashed. The steak was cooked to perfection and very tender and easy to eat.The potatoes were superb, kind of gloppy and stretchy with a fabulous flavor. They were very unique and I loved them . A delicious caesar salad was served before the meal .Each diner also received a small appetizer of sprouts with sundried tomatoes and 25 yr old balsamic condiment , accompanied by a piping hot gruyere popover with pink salted butter. However, the waiter never came back after taking my order . I wanted to tell him all the positive things I was thinking about the meal and didn't really get the chance till he brought over my check. I finished eating and waited about 15 min. till a bus person came by to wrap up my leftovers. I asked if perhaps my waiter had gone home for the night and she indicated that he would be over with my dessert choices. I was given a choice of 4 mini desserts served in tall shot glasses. This was just enough to finish off a wonderful meal.The staff was polite and courteous . Every single one of them said "my pleasure" every time they came over to the table. The host was a wonderful gentleman who gave a touch of class to the entire operation.Enjoyed the entire experience and hope to get back next time I am in Park City at Westgate Resorts.

• Visited August 2014
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Edge Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 13, 2016
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!
Ray

USA, (United States, South Africa, South Asia)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is what is OK and wrong about Park City dining”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Edge is a considered one of the best restaurants and possibly the best steakhouse in PC. It would not survive in most other ski resort towns. PC has a lot of things going for it, restaurants, not one of them.

Was in Park City, July 2014 for 11 days.Stayed at the Sunrise and made my own meals in my room half the time. The other times I went to PC Food/Wine events (something I would NOT recommend) and ate out other the times.

Went to the Edge after an afternoon of bike riding and I was hungry. It was about 5:30 on a Wednesday. This place just looks like an upper level steak house with prices and animal descriptions that seem just a little strange..

The service was average for all types of places. Edge how about having servers recommend a full dinner that is not the most expensive items. That makes it seem contrived. I had an issue with my Zabuton cut medium being undercooked,I had not eaten bite/just sliced it.. I let my server know, by saying "can I have this cooked a couple of minutes longer" The server went into the description on the menu and how they typically cook it. I then said "I prefer my meat a little more cooked, can I get it a 2-3 min. of more heat." The server began to restate how the prepare it, at that point I tuned out and waited for the finish. My next statement was direct, rude,and to the point. I stated "you decide what happens next it is your tip. I got an apology and explanation that seemed really crazy but I just sat there saying nothing.

The server took the steak. My wife ate hers, the free range chicken that was just OK.I finished off my veggies; then asked for the check in about 10-12 minutes. I was told my steak would be out in about 5 minutes. They decided to to get me a new steak strange,I decided to get it to go. After getting back to my room (3 minute walk) I cut myself a piece and ate my first bite, I do not believe what I got here is WayGu-like beef. Maybe the USA breeding is so deluded that that the original Waygu is only a small percent now.

Let me just stay restaurants in PC are well below the standards of service and food quality of those in places like Whistler, Tahoe, Jackson Hole, Whitefish, or Vail. This place is reflective of that.

Lastly, I left about a15% tip but it really should have been around 5-7%.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank gonesomewhere
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to see that you may have experienced some concerns with our restaurant. We never intend anything to stand in the way of your full satisfaction. We hope that the next time you are in town, you give us another chance to impress you.
Southlake, TX
“Very Good But Not Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Perhaps our experience was atypical given the number of rave reviews on this site. But a "great" restaurant gets most everything right, both big and small, and including both food and service. The restaurant is pricey, which is fine. However, it's important to measure up to that level of pricing. When we were there, it was not very busy. The service was spotty. When we first got there and were asking our waiter for recommendations on wine and food, I thought the service was fine. I didn't mind being steered to an expensive wine because I wanted something very nice to go with the food. We chose the fixed price menu. (We also ordered a side order of the truffles macaroni and cheese which was the best thing we had). The popover rolls that are served to everyone were burnt on the outside. If that is the way they are supposed to be prepared, that is a mistake. In fact, we joked with the young lady who brought them (someone different than our waiter) that we would take the least burnt ones. The house salad is quite good and my wife and I both enjoyed it. Nice mix of greens not commonly found in house salads. I am a big lamb lover and was not disappointed. Cooked just right and temperature of the food was excellent. However, I was not a fan of the lentils it was laid upon which had the texture of hard pellets. My wife had the crab and steak combo. While the quality of the food was fine, it was about room temperature when served. Fine restaurants serve hot food hot and cold food cold. Unfortunately, our waiter had disappeared. My wife had a small portion of it and left the rest. Near the end of the meal, the Assistant Mgr. came by the table and asked about our meal. When we told her about my wife's meal she offered to replace it. While that was nice, I was finishing up my meal and we would have had to wait for another to cook and I would either have finished my meal or waited for my wife's and then the rest of mine would have been cold. I don't know what happened to the timing on my wife's meal, but that doesn't happen in fine restaurants. In the few cases where it might, wait staff would have been more attentive so it could have been rectified on a timely basis. After the discussion with the Assistant Mgr. and our waiter later came back with our check, he noted that he had given us his "employee discount". Not sure why it was handled that way. Given the price level and our experience, I would probably try a few other high end restaurants in the area before I considered coming back here. Nothing really that bad to say, just not up to the expected level.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank osulaw75
Houston, Texas
“Great for large groups”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Delicious offerings! They could handle a very large crowd with their buffet. Well laid out. Wonderful meats and fish. Desserts were awesome.

Visited July 2014
Thank you for visiting our restaurant and providing feedback. We appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again the next time you are in town.

“Great food!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Wonderful service, great presentation & incredible cheese platter, wine! The lemon desert was a WOW!!!

Visited July 2014